Gaming Xbox 360 Slim has green power light but doesn't boot up

sirben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys I have an xbox 360 slim that turns on,like there's a green light in the middle,but doesn't boot up not even to the xbox logo. My xbox has freestyle dashboard so I know it's already been 'modded' but not sure if it's jtag or RGH. I also noticed that the xbox 360 power rings do not light up like their suppose to when booting up. I have removed the external hardrive that contains xbox 360 games away from the usb socket but the problem still persist.

Anyone got any solutions?
Could it be a bad plugin ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

sirben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Check the chip inside the 360, does it blink?
Boot it with the eject button, does XeLL boot?
Hi Dinoh I have tried booting it with the cd tray but Xell doesn't boot,the problem is still the same. And by chip meaning which chip ? do I have to open up my xbox 360 for this ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you use HDMI, the cord could be bad. The 360 won't boot if there's nothing connected for video out.
I have tried switching hdmi cords at it is still not working :(

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There should be a green light flickering inside your 360 (most if not all glitch chips have this)
It should be located on the motherboard so you might be able to see it light up through the casing.

It could very well be that the chip is dead or just fails to glitch the console.

Reactions: brickmii82

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I doubt it's a plugin. Usually it just hangs up on the logo screen if that's the case. Maybe though. Put a clean launch.ini on a USB stick, plug it in and try booting up.

Reactions: sirben

BumbleB

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Check the chip inside the 360, does it blink?
Boot it with the eject button, does XeLL boot?

Good Day

I do have this problem of my Xbox360s not booting up ,it only shows the green light when I switch it on. My controllers(2) sync with my console perfectly. I just want to know:

1) Should I open my console and look at the motherboard and check does it turn on?
2) If it is faulty what should I do to fix it?
3) And how do I fix it?

Thank you

farouksa6730

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello, i have the same problem here, the console projects nothing on the TV but it stays on, the green light on the chip blinks, and Xell doesn't boot up when i press the eject button, help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended