Hacking Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle

hdhacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle. I'd like to install an Xkey based on DinohScene's recommendation. I haven't opened it up yet to check the drive, but I'm assuming it's either a new LiteOn or Hitachi since it came out this year. That means I can't get the drive's key without doing a RGH mod providing I didn't already upgrade the dashboard. Let's say the dashboard is up-to-date and CPU glitching is impossible. Is it possible to get the drive key by putting it in an already modded XBOX 360?

BTW, assuming I had the drive's key, is there any point to doing a RGH mod?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The DVD key has been relocated to the KV alone or the CPU (don't think so but KV is much more likely)

Glitching the box at dash 16202 is possible.
However it's expensive due to added hardware.

As for the RGH.
Well... you'll lose LIVE but you'll gain a whole lot more.

Edit: You'll only lose LIVE if you keep it RGH'd
If you'd remove the RGH then you'll be able to connect to LIVE again.

hdhacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the USA, so I was thinking about just sending the console to someone to have it done. I was also hoping that if it's limited to the DVD drive, I could just remove that and either replace it or send it to someone just to get the key dumped. It sounds like I'd have to get both mods to get the xkey to work.

The date for the unit is in 2011 (even though it didn't ship until 2012) so I guess I should have a corona v1 or v2 motherboard.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm.

I first should try to disassemble it and check your DVD drive.
Then based upon that you can either send me or Devin the drive (don't think Devin has the tools anymore) and have the DVD key extracted, or get the 360 RGH'd and extract the DVD key (and CPU + NAND for future RGHing)

hdhacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so it is possible to dump the key by putting the drive in a different XBox 360 that was RGHed? I was hoping for that. I know RGHing is good to run homebrew and game mods, but I don't see myself doing that. This is a special edition XBox, so I'd rather not mess with it too much.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope.
The DVD key is paired up to your KV (which is inside your 360's NAND) so you can't interchange then without spoofing DVD keys.

You'll have to RGH it or leave it as it is ;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.