Hacking XBLA won't load.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got a problem with renegade ops. Had the xblaplus version, this loaded no problem. Tried to use the dlc on it and would not load. Looking around, apparently it may not be final retail, which is why it won't load. Got a confirmed retail version of it and here is where the problem starts and it's a strange one.

Game refuses to load through FSD. It will attempt to launch, then an error box will pop up, saying failed to launch, check for corrupted file etc, then back to MS dash. Game will launch fine from My games tab on MS dash and is fine no issues. Game will also launch from xm360, no issues. Game is fine.

Tried deleting everything to do with old version, just in case it was interfering and still no. Just refuses to launch from FSD. Can see it, but can't launch. Will always load from MS dash, even if I override dashlaunch and go straight there instead of FSD. It's only FSD that refuses to launch it.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rengade ops is an XBLA title. No disc. Don't think it's any sort of ap, unless it's programmed to specifically look for fsd and even then, it's an old game, would have though something like that would have been big news

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep. Everything else loads no issue. Just the newer version of renegade ops that does not. Thought maybe it would be something to do with having the other version first, but even deleting everything to do with that it still fails. Also would have thought that would have made it do the same with the ms dash, but it's fine there, fine with xm360 as well. Only fsd that will not load it.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried changing profiles and see if it works in FSD after that? I dunno how that would make a difference, but you never know.

Maybe try an older version of FSD, too. I keep 1.20 around as well as 2.whatever they can coexist so long as you put them in different folders.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Strange ;s

I doubt it's a AP layer in the game but I won't call that BS.
It's MS and as we know MS will do whatever it takes to stop pirates and hackers.

Maybe in a future FSD update that it will be fixed.
Otherwise it would be the game indeed.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried changing profiles and see if it works in FSD after that? I dunno how that would make a difference, but you never know.

Maybe try an older version of FSD, too. I keep 1.20 around as well as 2.whatever they can coexist so long as you put them in different folders.

I'm using 1.2 as I don't like 2.0. Waiting for RXE before I change dash. I'll try 2.0 just to see. Game is old though, I've played many newer XBLA titles and fsd1.2 has no problems launching them.

Strange ;s

I doubt it's a AP layer in the game but I won't call that BS.
It's MS and as we know MS will do whatever it takes to stop pirates and hackers.

Maybe in a future FSD update that it will be fixed.
Otherwise it would be the game indeed.

Guess it could be a bug with this specific game, and as it doesn't seem to exist with the xblaplus version, which most will be using, just hasn't been reported.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For what it is worth the dashlaunch patch is not always that effective and indeed can appear just like this (although I mainly saw it as everything appeared as a demo/not there) so maybe disable it (contpatch = false in the ini) and go yaris/XM360 to test. You will have to disable it as well to test as well (just patching will usually not do anything in this situation).

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Already have the content patch disabled, and surely that would effect everything, and not just fsd.

Anyway, tried 2.0 and that will launch it. So it's just 1.2 that will not. Not sure why considering the earlier/possibly not final version launches fine and everything else, including many newer titles launch fine through it. Also just a launcher really, so if it can see, it should be able to play. Guess I'll just carry on launching this particular game through ms dash, as I'm not going to start using 2.0.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't seem to be as many bugs, but main reason is it's quicker. FSD1.2 seems to load instantly. FSD2.0 is much slower. Maybe there are settings I can turn off to speed it up, but all I want is a list of my games, and xbla. I don't care for covers, background art or anything like that. FSD1.2 sorts that's, so not going to play around with something else, when what I have is fine.

Also fsd2 and the temperature log plugin, don't work together.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried booting NXE and trying to see if it works then or does your comment "Game refuses to load through FSD." pretty much says it does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s