Hacking www.wiiubru.com : Homebrew launcher website and 5.5+ exploit hosting

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP

10/07/2016
Wiiubru has been through several changes over its short life , and recently it has changed yet again , wiiubru's server is now the default server for @vgmoose Homebrew Appstore .
With this in mind browsing to www.wiiubru.com will still load HBL from a wiiu , but from a PC /etc it will load the web-front end to the homebrew appstore , where you can search and browse all current homebrew , follow links to the source code or relavent forum posts , and also download the current version served in the store. All other versions of wiiubru are currently running if anyone uses them then the info is in the spoilers below.

Should you need assistance , there is several ways to contact us , either here on GBA temp in our IRC channel or on our own forums. All the links are in my signature.. maybe see you there.

05/05/2016
Due to the release of a kernel exploit for 5.5.x users this has forced a slight change in wiiubru's functionality. www.wiiubru.com will now solely load dimoks HBL (currently v1.2 RC3 with modified code550.bin which seems to help EU/PAL console users) .
usage : simple visit the URL once to load the HBL.

If you browse here via PC or anything other than a wiiu it will load a page for downloading useful files related to the wiiu , this will increase and probably host relavent files for use with HBL.
The older pages we have used here will remain for a time as there are still userland homebrews available that are not compatible with HBL , these are still hosted on www.wiiubru.com/nokernel.html . And for anyone that still uses the older wiiubru format , those links are still active and listed in the spoiler below.​

As of today 04/03/2016 wiiubru.com has changed and no longer directly supports any homebrew other than 5.5+ , the reason for this is due to the release of Dimok's homebrew launcher , slowly but surely most if not all homebrew for firmwares with a kernel exploit will change over to that method of loading and wont need to be self or online hosted . 5.5+ homebrew however for the time being hasnt the option so i will focus on hosting 5.5 homebrew . So the way it works...

If your on a firmware version that is supported by homebrew launcher then www.wiiubru.com will launch it directly.

If your on 5.5.0 or 5.5.1 then it will load the new wiiubru framework displaying the current 5.5 homebrews.

If you on a PC or not a WiiU then you'll have a selection of links and downloads relavent to the wiiu homebrew scene and also an option to self host.

If you had success using the old site then they are still hosted on the links below :
www.wiiubru.com/532.html
www.wiiubru.com/540.html
www.wiiubru.com/55.html

LINKS REMOVED.. OBSOLETE METHOD.

Hope it works for some , thanks.

live support : https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/wiiubru

Last edited by pwsincd,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
nice, but I'd like to see touch support instead of navigating using the d-pad
at least for downloading the self hosting zip files from PC, it's more natural to be able to use mouse to click instead of using arrow keys in the keyboard (or even has to resort to look at the address by viewing the source code :lol:)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
That is the next step for me , i have been focusing on getting the links and files functional , touch is the next step , i wasnt really concerned over the mouse as its essentially not for a pc aside from that one link , but that will come with adding toch i guess.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a reason you're trying to build it through webkit instead of just using HTML and simply making some DIVs, a button image to reuse, overlay text for those buttons and then wrapping them in an href so they are touchpad clickable? You can use CSS styles or JS to create a highlight effect when a person clicks down too...

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
i wasnt trying to build it with webkit in mind , i just chose to use canvas and having been quite a way into the process , i began just relying on the pc for verification , it was only then i found out that the drawimage command is flawed in webkit.

Shinsters

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, good work man!

I've been playing around with it on my 5.4 Wii U and I've a little feedback that might help.

• Your loadiine kernel exploit seems to work much better for me than on my own local Apache/Linux server here. I still do get the 'race attack' error frequently, but it seems to happen less while using your website. How do you have this hosted?
  • Loadiine V2 just causes my Wii U to show the menu screen and it'll quit back to the main menu. This also happens on my clone of 05Sonic's repo, so that might be specific to my console or a problem in general with 5.4 and V2.
  • Loadiine V3 gives me a 'cannot allocate memory' exception. I don't get this at all on the other websites using 05Sonic's site.
  • The menu with the apps on gives me a scroll bar and doesn't fit nicely on the screen. I don't know much about the browser on Wii U, but considering it's webkit you might be able to use the device scale meta tag and lock it on screen.
Again, awesome work!

Reactions: KiiWii

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, the 532 folder isn't empty this time around. Guess you were working on it last time :P

I have one question, is multi kernel the one that has you press A for normal kernel and B for loadiine kernel? I love how nice that one is since it brings you directly to settings if it fails.

I do like the ability to control the menu with buttons, but I also like to be lazy and touch the icons like with the definitive self hosting pack.

One thing to add to this is Loadiine Flow, a cover flow styled version of Loadiine. I'll be replacing the elf files with the flow version until then. No need for v4 when you got a prettier version :P

So glad I bought this Toshiba flashair wireless SD card. Still blows my mind that I can host exploits offline with it, where I can feel at peace forever.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

05sonicblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, good work man!

I've been playing around with it on my 5.4 Wii U and I've a little feedback that might help.

• Your loadiine kernel exploit seems to work much better for me than on my own local Apache/Linux server here. I still do get the 'race attack' error frequently, but it seems to happen less while using your website. How do you have this hosted?
  • Loadiine V2 just causes my Wii U to show the menu screen and it'll quit back to the main menu. This also happens on my clone of 05Sonic's repo, so that might be specific to my console or a problem in general with 5.4 and V2.
  • Loadiine V3 gives me a 'cannot allocate memory' exception. I don't get this at all on the other websites using 05Sonic's site.
  • The menu with the apps on gives me a scroll bar and doesn't fit nicely on the screen. I don't know much about the browser on Wii U, but considering it's webkit you might be able to use the device scale meta tag and lock it on screen.
Again, awesome work!

With V2, you have to open MiiMaker manually, choose the game and then launch SSB. With V3, we made it auto-load MiiMaker

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hey, good work man!

Again, awesome work!

First off , thanks for the quality feedback.

Tbh my hosting is a little unknown , i bought the domain , and bunged for some free hosting to trial my idea , then after a very quick bandwidth cap i plumped for £1 a month package with 5quidhost . and thats all i know tbh i didnt do any research other than for cost. Why it benifits you im not really sure.

Loadiine v2 - sonicblue's answer above is pretty convincing.

with regards to v3 of loadiine , ill have to ask sonicblue if he can pass along those files for me to host.

what do you mean by "the menu with the apps on" . do you mean all pages with apps ? could you screen shot me this scrollbar . as it fits fine on my console.

the wiiu browser has a rubberband style when you hit the bottom of a page , i have looked at curbing this annoying behavior , but didnt yet find a solution , but i certainly dont get a scrollbar.

thanks fella.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice, the 532 folder isn't empty this time around. Guess you were working on it last time :P

I have one question, is multi kernel the one that has you press A for normal kernel and B for loadiine kernel? I love how nice that one is since it brings you directly to settings if it fails.

I do like the ability to control the menu with buttons, but I also like to be lazy and touch the icons like with the definitive self hosting pack.

One thing to add to this is Loadiine Flow, a cover flow styled version of Loadiine. I'll be replacing the elf files with the flow version until then. No need for v4 when you got a prettier version :P

So glad I bought this Toshiba flashair wireless SD card. Still blows my mind that I can host exploits offline with it, where I can feel at peace forever.

yeah i was working on things over night .... it will be like that a lot... guess thats a good thing lol.

yeah the multi kernel is the one that caters for loadiine and other homebrew.

As im not using a href button link, touch/mouse control isnt native . im using a cordinates of a HTML5 canvas method . So i have to add touch , its my next step.

message me the loadiine flow files , im currently a bottle of red wine in and dont fancy browsing or compiling for them. and ill add them for you.

Yeah im tbh envious of you guys im stuck playing pong or hello worlding till Hykem feels generous.

thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: MattKimura

05sonicblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off , thanks for the quality feedback.

Tbh my hosting is a little unknown , i bought the domain , and bunged for some free hosting to trial my idea , then after a very quick bandwidth cap i plumped for £1 a month package with 5quidhost . and thats all i know tbh i didnt do any research other than for cost. Why it benifits you im not really sure.

Loadiine v2 - sonicblue's answer above is pretty convincing.

with regards to v3 of loadiine , ill have to ask sonicblue if he can pass along those files for me to host.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The files for v3 are located here: https://github.com/05sonicblue/WiiUHaxPortal/tree/master/WiiUSite/540/loadiine-v3

If you go to the root of the repository, you can drill down into all of the packages

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not a English Speaker... sorry... but what this do on 5.5... only play pong? i dont want turn on my Wii U bc i dont know if would update without my permission to 5.5.1...

Filzek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey @pwsincd dude,

Add the WiiU Gamepad in the background of http://www.wiiubru.com/ if browser is not WIIU browser, and add a link to explain page that PC/Other Browsers are not intent to run it.

It shall gave users an expection better than current deal.

But anyways, you work deserve some place to shine!

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I would recommend to use window.wiiu.gamepad to detect button presses, as well as touch. It will allow you to get rid of jquery which completely breaks loadiine v3 for 5.4.0 with the memory allocation failed error. Large external js/css libraries cause it.

Looks great though, well done!

are you saying if i introduce touch , or are you saying it breaks it as it is ?

Hey @pwsincd dude,

Add the WiiU Gamepad in the background of http://www.wiiubru.com/ if browser is not WIIU browser, and add a link to explain page that PC/Other Browsers are not intent to run it.

It shall gave users an expection better than current deal.

But anyways, you work deserve some place to shine!

apart from curiosity and to grab a self host pack , theres no real reason a wiiu isnt your browser. but i like shit like that , and will do this , as with relys code to detect your wiiu browser etc

thanks for the feedback guys.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger