WWE 2K18 is Coming to Nintendo Switch

image.jpg

"Nintendo fans have made it clear, they want WWE 2K games on their console of choice. And we’re happy to announce that we’re coming back!", or so says the announcement on the official WWE 2K website.

Indeed, this marks the first time in five years that a WWE game has been on a Nintendo platform. The Nintendo Switch version features docked play on television and offers the first portable edition of a WWE game in six years.

To celebrate the good news, WWE 2K18 cover Superstar Seth Rollins appeared in a special video announcing the series’ return to Nintendo platforms and debut on the Nintendo Switch:

Like the other available versions of WWE 2K18, it includes a whole host of new features:

Get ready for eight man matches, a new grapple carry system, new weight detection, thousands of new animations and a massive backstage area. A brand-new rendering engine also gives WWE 2K18 a visual overhaul and will bring the drama of WWE to life like never before.

A new MyCareer experience puts you on the path to greatness as you journey along on the road to WrestleMania. Explore WWE like never before through free-roaming backstage, conversing with WWE Superstars, forming alliances, making enemies, seeking out quests, and strategizing for upcoming matches.

Can your MyPlayer make it to the WWE Hall of Fame? Introducing the all-new Road to Glory. Compete with opponents online to improve your MyPlayer by earning unlockables, boosts and upgrades all while securing your entry into special events that are held alongside real-life WWE special events, such as pay-per-views.

Customize WWE like never before with an even deeper set of customization tools and the new Custom Match option. The robust Creation Suite also offers even more detailed features for Create-a-Superstar, Create-a-Video and Create-an-Arena.

Dominate the ring with tons of your favorite WWE, NXT and legendary Superstars.WWE 2K18 offers the most complete roster of the biggest and brightest WWE and NXT Superstars and Legends to ever grace a WWE ring.

WWE 2K18
will release on Nintendo Switch this fall.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could've sworn I saw a Switch trailer that featured game footage of a WWE game, maybe it was 2K17, whatever the case, this isn't surprising. I haven't watched wrestling in almost 3 years, and the only wrestling game I really only played was WWF RAW for Sega Genesis. So, whatever with this, good news for people that wanted this I guess.

D

Deleted User

wut
nobody asked for this...
meh whatever... I dont care... but thats good as it shows 3rd party support... I guess

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wut
nobody asked for this...
meh whatever... I dont care... but thats good as it shows 3rd party support... I guess

Probably it's rather bad, since this smells like an alibi game. 2K could port some games that Nintendo fans actually want on their Switch. Instead this gets ported over and I can already hear them say "It seems like Nintendo fans don't want our games on the Switch" if it sells poorly... which it will.

It's pretty much what EA and Ubi did with the Wii U. Release bad ports too late and blame the console afterwards.

So, this makes me rather furious than happy.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted a Nintendo wrestling game, not the wrestling game that exists on all consoles. They should of made a unique game for Nintendo like they used to years ago, PlayStation had smackdown and N64 had wm2000 and no mercy, much better games. Now it's the same crap smeared across 3 systems

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Never try any game of this franchise, im not really into wrestling. But since this one come to the Switch i will peobably give it a try. Now Konami, next year, bring to me MLB Power Pros 2017/2018 on the Switch...or at least the new chapter of Jikkyou Prowerfull Pro Yakyu on the Switch. Seriusly i think the Wii U and 3DS are the only Nintendo platform that have get not a single baseball game (no the MLB Nick thing dosen't count becouse is shit). It was a bit of a shame for me becouse the Wii and DS have some many that make my head spins.

Beforse somebody ask i want a baseball game from Konami becouse Nintendo dosen't give a crap anymore. Rest in peperoni mario super sluggers series.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind playing this on the switch, if I had one.

That said, I just hope 2k18 finally brings back the "create a storyline" mode that existed in 2k14 (the last on the 360/ps3) that's been absent since the current console generation. It was an unbelievably deep mode that enabled some great plotlines and being able to come up with some real creative booking.

Reactions: LightyKD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: