WWE 2K18 is Coming to Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Prans, Jul 11, 2017.

1. dsionr4

dsionr4 Gbatemp's Shonen Character

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Space
    there was a wrestle game with mario characters. Got cancelled cuz it was too violent.

2. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Last time there was a WWE game on Wii (also PSP) it wasn't a port of the PS360 version, it was a crummy conversion of the outdated PS2 engine, just with updated rosters.

Much better would have been the new Firepro. Not pushing the hardware can be beneficial if you bring over some games that don't need hardware to push.

Too violent? should have just made it like now PG WWE.

Last edited by tbb043, Jul 12, 2017
  3. shinrukus

shinrukus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Am I the only one who wanted this? I love the WWE games lately, and im almost positive that This will be close enough but different enough for me to own this one and a Xbox One version... I don't see the downside at all. Same time, people in general should be happy that a company like 2K is starting to bring over more games to Switch. If Madden and NBA Live come over it would be amazing, even more amazing imo if EA didnt bring Madden, but expanded its NFL Blitz and NBA Jam on Switch. I like NBA Playgrounds, but in all honesty, it wouldn't sell if there was a NBA Jam on Switch...

Tex_McBladeSword likes this.
  4. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    If you like wrestling games then more power to ya. I don't so I couldn't care less about this.

5. MoonUsotsuki

MoonUsotsuki Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Here.
    Not fan of these games, but i'm glad that the kind of these are coming to the system

6. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Have you played the 2k wwe titles? With 2016 they dropped the smackdown play style and bought back the N64 style of play. It was one of the 2k16's highlighted selling points. While the 2k games do have the pro mode or whatever it's called from smackdown, the controls of them are nearly dead-on upgrades of the N64 titles. My problem with WWE games, they are released yearly like real pro sports titles, when infact neither need yearly releases. An update pack for 20-30 maybe. Even then a new sports and wwe only really needs a every 3-4 year release.

7. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Don`t need much computing power to make a good wrestling game.

Played the last 2 iterations and imho McMahon should just ditch these guys and give the franchise back to whoever developed WRESTLEMANIA THE ARCADE GAME.

8. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    akklaim is dead.

9. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    There's still a chance that 'Fire Pro Wrestling World' can be ported to the Switch. It's on Early Access on Steam right now and worth a look if you're a wrestling game fan.

10. k3rizz3k

k3rizz3k GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    While some may not like it. It's great to see more games come to the switch, more support means less chance of fizzling out.

11. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    You mean this:

[​IMG]

It looks horrible with visuals that look like water paint.

12. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | A Fellow (lewd) Megumin

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    So Wii Boxing on steroids!? I'm in~

13. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    when can we have the men hit the women in the wwe games back?

14. Y2J

Y2J Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    Canada
    i wonder what the controlls will be on nintendo swich and i'm very happy that the games coming out soon

15. |<roni&g

|<roni&g Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2010
    UK
    I did play 2K16 and didn't notice the play style being like the n64 titles. I skipped 2k17 (first year not buying the game since 1999) because it had no career mode and tons of match types removed, so in future they can add it like it's new when it was already there

16. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's always been this art style. It's been this way for decades and has a huge fan base. Try it on steam. You might be surprised how fun it is. Don't judge it on graphics, because that's not why the series survived this long, since it first came to SNES.

No other wrestling game has continuously mixed all major factions from USA and Japan, along with MMA fighters under one roof.

17. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    that's the best part ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.