Homebrew Official WupInstaller y Mod - with multiple install folders

Ape8000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm using v1.0.0 again.
With 1.1.1, on a directory that you get an error, if you change the name to something simple like A, will it start working?
There should be no difference in the directory name handling in the 2 versions.

My first guess of the error you had would be that the WUP files are incomplete or bad.
I recommend to use New-NUS-Grabber to see if the WUP will fully decrypt with all files including Meta directory.
If it doesn't then the WUP is incomplete or bad.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
With 1.1.1, on a directory that you get an error, if you change the name to something simple like A, will it start working?

My first guess of the error you had would be that the WUP files are incomplete or bad.
I recommend to use New-NUS-Grabber to see if the WUP will fully decrypt with all files including Meta directory.
There is something wrong with v1.1.1 it keeps saying wrong directory even if you change them to A,B, C etc.. v1.0 works fine. Also you have to keep selecting your drive first to show up the folders.

Edit: Version 1.1 works all ok.

Last edited by Reecey,

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Display install directory while installing and

The WUP files decode just fine, but it seems the error was caused by an .exe file I accidentally placed in the folder. Somehow the whole install folder was selected instead of it's subfolders (I had no choice about what to install) and this resultet in the error. Now that the .exe file is removed, I can install single folders just fine (haven't tried a batch install, yet).

Sorry for bothering you. Maybe you can make use of this information.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
There is something wrong with v1.1.1 it keeps saying wrong directory even if you change them to A,B, C etc.. v1.0 works fine. Also you have to keep selecting your drive first to show up the folders.

Edit: Version 1.1 works all ok.
Might of been me at fault with v1.1.1 I didn't realize you had to select your folder with a * for it to install.

UrjitRajpaul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
quick question. why are we installing updates, can't we just download the update from eshop when prompted on launch of game. i've done this with splatoon and it worked flawlessly. is my wii u gonna explode and reggie jump out and arrest my ass?

Ape8000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scrap that not sure whats going on none work right apart from v1.0. Its too confusing with the * etc.. going on.
The first post describes all the button functions.

If you only want to install 1 directory, press - to unselect all, then you just have to have the directory you want show, then select X or A depending on where you want to install.

If you select 1 or more directories with the right d-pad, a * appears to show they are selected, then select X or A depending on where you want to install and only selected directories are installed.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

If you only want to install 1 directory, press - to unselect all, then you just have to have the directory you want show, then select X or A depending on where you want to install.

If you select 1 or more directories with the right d-pad, a * appears to show they are selected, then select X or A depending on where you want to install and only selected directories are installed.
Damn, how could I miss that? I've read the post five times.

Frana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I tried to install some backups and always had an error 0xFFFBF442 at 5-10%.

Hard drive changed for a pendrive with same results. I even use 3 different sd cards. No positive results.

Do you know what error 0xFFFBF442 is?

Thanks in advance.

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi.

I tried to install some backups and always had an error 0xFFFBF442 at 5-10%.

Hard drive changed for a pendrive with same results. I even use 3 different sd cards. No positive results.

Do you know what error 0xFFFBF442 is?

Thanks in advance.

I had this error then i used this combo : wupinstaller y mod + jnustool unofficial gui mod.... 20 games... 100% success. Big for Yardape8000

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

What I cannot seem to do I am using an sd card in a 3.0 USB Adapter it will install the first game fine but when it loads the second game it always comes up with the MCP_ error and I have to reset the wiiu go back through the Homebrew settings load your mod and then install the next game, it wont let me install multiple games at the same time even if I put another game on another sd card. Even in multiple settings it installs the first title fine then it says count down 5 and then when it loads the next game it just errors MCP_.. and you have to reset like I mentioned. The games are not corrupt by the way just thought I would mention this. Apart from that the idea and the mod itself is fantastic, well done! :)

Last edited by Reecey,

Frana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had this error then i used this combo : wupinstaller y mod + jnustool unofficial gui mod.... 20 games... 100% success. Big for Yardape8000
Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately I did some trys with this software and 0xFFFBF442 error still remains.

I even tried to install in system memory with same results.

What is happening? Sincerally I have no clue. I check every hardware/software variable with 0% succesful installs.

bonoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two games inside install folder, MK8 and MarioMaker both folders are named as I wrote them here. But whether I choose MarioMaker to install, it always keeps installing the MK8. Any suggestion?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
@Yardape8000 I have solved your issue with the MCP_error. with your mod. If you use the same sd card with the usb adapter with the mod in, as well as your games in the install folder your going to install, it will install multiple games all ok without fault, now if you load the mod of an sd card and then use a different sd card with your games on and put it in the sd slot after loading the mod, it will error out on the next title that's the problem so basically you cannot use a different sd card with your games on then loading the mod else the multiple install will not work on the next title you will have to reset the wiiu and load the next one, using the same sd card, ok. If you can fix this issue with your mod it could be very handy because not everyone might have the room on there sd card as putting the games on as well. They might be cross using loadiine games on the same sd card and have not got the room etc..

Last edited by Reecey,

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
@Yardape8000 I have solved your issue with the MCP_error with your mod.
Not being funny but this sounds like "You" problem mate.. It was never advertised that it could install games from multiple SD cards in 1 go... Never... You cant just go hot swapping SD card's because the app your using to install games is also stored on & using the SD card. Removing it while it's loaded I would assume break's it.

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,
Reactions: TerryG

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Not being funny but this sounds like "You" problem mate.. It was never advertised that it could install games from multiple SD cards in 1 go... Never... You cant just go hot swapping SD card's because the app your using to install games is also stored on & using the SD card.
That's what the first "wupinstaller" worked on, you could swap sd cards in the slot and install different titles with the same installer without resetting your wiiu but with this mod you cannot do that. Its not me, its a fault with the mod. If you try Dimoks original Wupinstaller you can install multiple titles by swapping sd cards over with this you cannot it errors out on the next install and you have to reset your wiiu.

Last edited by Reecey,

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what the first NUSGrabbber worked on, you could swap sd cards in the slot and install different titles with the same installer without resetting your wiiu but with this mod you cannot do that. Its not me, its a fault with the mod.
This isnt NUSgrabber.. Its WUPinstaller. This app, When you select "Install all", It look's for all game/update folder's inside the install folder & list's & check's them, How is the app supposed to tell or even list the other SD card's install folder when it's not even connected at launch ???

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
This isnt NUSgrabber.. Its WUPinstaller. This app, When you select "Install all", It look's for all game/update folder's inside the install folder & list's & check's them, How is the app supposed to tell or even list the other SD card's install folder when it's not even connected at launch ???
I meant wupinstaller, dimoks original wupinstaller could install multiple games from different sd cards without resetting your wiiu. I don't think you even know what your talking about I suggest look up some information or at least test my theory out before commenting then you will know what I am talking about.

Last edited by Reecey,

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately I did some trys with this software and 0xFFFBF442 error still remains.

I even tried to install in system memory with same results.

What is happening? Sincerally I have no clue. I check every hardware/software variable with 0% succesful installs.

I had a 442 error when using old jnus tool to download. I used nusgrabber and error went.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."