Homebrew Official WupInstaller y Mod - with multiple install folders

Lampson

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need help I've been trying to download SM3DW with this tool but whenever I try I get the error 0xFFFCFFBF. I've tried everything, tried a different usb storage device, tried a different SD card, tried redownloading the game, tried formating sd card, but still i have had no luck getting it to work as whenever i try in different places it always gives me the error 0xFFFCFFBF

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to install a game I downloaded from wii u usb helper.

I get an MCP_InstallGetInfo error
0xFFFBF3E2

Whats that and how can i bypass this?

Attachments

• IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    944.7 KB · Views: 340

TheFK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I installed some games to my NAND and everything works like a charm. But now I installed Yoshis Wolly World and Hyrule Warriors to an external HDD. Yoshi works, but Hyrule Warriors randomly displays that the Hard Drive was removed. I use a Y-cable and I turned of the sleep mode of the HDD.

Any Suggestions?

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay i got it installed, now it's saying "this software cannot be used the Nintendo network Id used to purchase the software has been deleted"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nvm got it XD had to re enable the sig patch
I should first look up for fixes, if it's then not working I can delete the game, and not deleting it without looking how to fix it ._.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to install game builts made via Unity3D (Wii U Edition) using this Wup Installer version?

If not, is there another version supports that or can be done inside your version,
Yardape8000?

Thanks.

Last edited by Perfect One,

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey Guys

I don't mean to sounds ignorant or anything, but could someone outline the differences between this mod of the WUP installer and the original?

I'm asking because I recently went deeper into Wii U hacking, and installed the WUP installer (both Hbl and channel version) found here: https://wiiu.guide/get-started in order to install the Homebrew Channel and am planning on using it to install full Wii U titles. I'm not sure but I think the version of WUP installer I used is the original. Just wanna know the differences and if I need to change to this installer instead.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys

I don't mean to sounds ignorant or anything, but could someone outline the differences between this mod of the WUP installer and the original?

I'm asking because I recently went deeper into Wii U hacking, and installed the WUP installer (both Hbl and channel version) found here: https://wiiu.guide/get-started in order to install the Homebrew Channel and am planning on using it to install full Wii U titles. I'm not sure but I think the version of WUP installer I used is the original. Just wanna know the differences and if I need to change to this installer instead.
The y mod is more convenient/better because it supports multiple folders and supports different things to be installed over the "original". There is essentially no point in using the original still.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The y mod is more convenient/better because it supports multiple folders and supports different things to be installed over the "original". There is essentially no point in using the original still.

Thanks for the clarification. In that case, can I uninstall my current version of WUP Installer through WUP installer itself and If I can, will the content I used it to install remain, eg. The HomeBrew Channel?

Would it even be worth it if I, atleast currently, only have 1 game I want to install?

EDIT: I did a bit more research and stumbled upon a site on GBATemp Wiki that explains that the GX2 version I have is basically a mod of Yardape8000's Y mod v1.3. So it's a a more recent and improved version. I'll stick to what I have then:)

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: I did a bit more research and stumbled upon a site on GBATemp Wiki that explains that the GX2 version I have is basically a mod of Yardape8000's Y mod v1.3. So it's a a more recent and improved version. I'll stick to what I have then:)
No, that's a myth. The GX one crashes too often for no apparent reason. The y mod is the best WUP Installer.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
No, that's a myth. The GX one crashes too often for no apparent reason. The y mod is the best WUP Installer.

Am only now reading this just as I am in the middle of installing Mario Kart 8 using the GX2 Installer......GOD DA......

Anywa, nothing has crashed yet and it's just about to finish, we'll see.

BTW I need to know something quick. I used the Wii U USB Helper to transfer the files to my SD; as a result, the folder names were pretty darn long and I couldnt actually tell wtf I was installing. I ended up installing the update for the game first by accident. Is this a problem?

EDIT: Just tried to launch the game. Everything works fine so far and I can even see the update is applied. THIS IS SOO FREAKING AWESOME:)

EDIT2: Even the DLC is working. Last thing to do is try and use saviine to transfer my Loadiine savefile, and if that works i'll be golden:yayu:

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Im kind of a noob where do i get the wup installer files to put in my rom for a wii u game.

Download the .zip file from this page https://github.com/Yardape8000/wupinstaller/releases/tag/y1.3 and extract the contents onto your SD card. I won't go into more details about it unless you need it, but you can check the first post for correct path, etc.

Alternatively, download the Homebrew Launcher version of WUP Installer GX2 found on this site: https://wiiu.guide/get-started. That's the one I have used so far and there are instructions for how to use both that and the channel version of the WUP Installer further in the guide.

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone and happy holidays.
Quick question.
I have the disc NA version of XCX.
I want to use Usb helper to ONLY download the latest game update.
Even with legit game, do I still need cfw in console to be able to download and install update?
I do have the homebrew channel via SD because I sometimes play games via loadiine. I rather be safe than sorry, hence my question.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone and happy holidays.
Quick question.
I have the disc NA version of XCX.
I want to use Usb helper to ONLY download the latest game update.
Even with legit game, do I still need cfw in console to be able to download and install update?
I do have the homebrew channel via SD because I sometimes play games via loadiine. I rather be safe than sorry, hence my question.
The NA update won't require CFW to run on your NA console. Execute WUPInstaller from HBL and install the update.

Bravestarr

Trophies
Website
marc.tv
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have the weird problem that I can suddenly only select one folder. I used the same SD card many times but now I have 10 folders an can't change the folders with up/down. If I delete the only folder I see it randomly selects another folder but I can't select any other folder.

What can be the problem? the up/down button work. I rebooted the console multiple times.

Bravestarr

Trophies
Website
marc.tv
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have the weird problem that I can suddenly only select one folder. I used the same SD card many times but now I have 10 folders an can't change the folders with up/down. If I delete the only folder I see it randomly selects another folder but I can't select any other folder.

What can be the problem? the up/down button work. I rebooted the console multiple times.
No idea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over