Homebrew Official WupInstaller y Mod - with multiple install folders

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
:shy:exists any method to view the games installed on the hard drive by wup istaller to make a backup of that games Installed?;)

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
WUPInstaller isn't a game manager. It's a directory selector and progress monitor for the system's title installation function.

Simplify my question because I think I confused a bit: How do I backup the games installed on my HDD formatted by the Wii U ... and transfer those games to the computer or to another hard disk ... I only need a backup of everything that is installed on my HDD .. there is some way or App To do this??

Last edited by skins20,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simplify my question because I think I confused a bit: How do I backup the games installed on my HDD formatted by the Wii U ... and transfer those games to the computer or to another hard disk ... I only need a backup of everything that is installed on my HDD .. there is some way or App To do this??
No, there's no app.

You can copy from one WiiU hard drive to another or from system storage to hard drive using the regular WiiU data management page in Settings. Both drives will only work on that WiiU, but as you said, you only want a backup.

You can save your eShop purchase tickets using tik2sd. Those tickets would (with some difficulty) let you reinstall packages that you've downloaded from Nintendo's content servers using pc utilities like WiiU USB Helper, jnustool, and funkiiu without needing CFW/signature patches (unless they're already fake tickets - then you would need CFW)

Saviine will let you export saves.

disc2app will let you read your discs into installable files.

For completeness: You can ftp game directories from the WiiU to your computer (at about 1.5MB/sec or less) or otherwise copy the installed game files, but then you have to repackage those games with NUSPacker if you're going to reinstall them. If you do that, you'll then need signature patches to install and run those games.

Last edited by nexusmtz,

knexkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have a 32 GB SD card, can I install the wud games in the SD without using any usb or internal memory?

No, you cannot use the WUD game installation method to run games from the SD card. Using the WUD method you have to install to either system memory or a WiiU formatted USB drive.

It is possible to run games from the SD card, to do so you must use the Loadiine method for running backups which is no longer the preferred method for running backups. A 64GB USB flash drive is cheap, I'd recommend picking one up if you don't have the room on system memory.

CJLopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome tool

This finally let me install the game!!!

Just a note, I did also had the update along side the game, but it was never shown on screen to install it. I had to download the patch like any other game, any idea why the patch didn't appeared?

AssasinGamer5566

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have 2 32gb usb sticks, if one fills up can I use the other one to install a game while the one that is filled up is connected? Or do I have to take out the one that has no space and use the other one. I hope that made sense.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 32gb usb sticks, if one fills up can I use the other one to install a game while the one that is filled up is connected? Or do I have to take out the one that has no space and use the other one.
The install will go to USB device 1, so connecting the second device won't do any good. Plus, when you get back to the WiiU Menu, it's going to make you shut down and remove one anyway.

You can swap the sticks, but the WiiU doesn't do a great job of flushing data, so there's a possibility of corrupting data if you do it while the WiiU is on.

Reactions: AssasinGamer5566

AssasinGamer5566

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The install will go to USB device 1, so connecting the second device won't do any good. Plus, when you get back to the WiiU Menu, it's going to make you shut down and remove one anyway.

You can swap the sticks, but the WiiU doesn't do a great job of flushing data, so there's a possibility of corrupting data if you do it while the WiiU is on.
I see. Thank you for the quick response.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi folks, question about running WUP installer with HaxchiFW running.

So far I know that if I want to install a legit title I'm good run WUP installer with CFW, the title will then also run without the need for CFW.
If I want to install non legit titles, I need to run WUP installer on CFW, and will also need CFW to run the title.

What if I install a legit title with WUP installer, but incidentally have CFW running... will that patch the title making it non-legit?

Last edited by Obveron,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I install a legit title with WUP installer, but incidentally have CFW running... will that patch the title making it non-legit?
The patch doesn't change the title, it changes the system in-memory so the signature check will always pass. If the title's/ticket's signature would have passed legitimately, that's fine too.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The patch doesn't change the title, it changes the system in-memory so the signature check will always pass. If the title's/ticket's signature would have passed legitimately, that's fine too.

Apreciate the response! Just to clarify.. If I install a legit title with wup installer, but cfw is running when I install it, that doesn't necessitate running cfw to run the title?

(I've been running wup installer via browser exploit in order to install legit titles. I was concerned if I start wup installer via haxchi it would alter the titles on installation.)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify.. If I install a legit title with wup installer, but cfw is running when I install it, that doesn't necessitate running cfw to run the title?
CFW would not be required for a legit title even if it was running when you installed it. A ticket with a valid signature will be valid whether CFW is running or not, because a valid signature is already valid.

Reactions: Obveron

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having an issue installing games with this, I'm using Mocha with Rednand, latest Wupinstaller y mod, the games are in the install folder and their folders do not have any special characters in the naming. All that's coming up as an option is the install folder, and none of the games I've put in it.

I still have the files in the install folder for the homebrew launcher channel, could this be interfering? I assume I don't really need them in there anymore since it's installed.

example of what I have on my SD right now : SD/Install/Hyrule Warriors Update SD/Install/Hyrule Warriors DLC

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have the files in the install folder for the homebrew launcher channel, could this be interfering? I assume I don't really need them in there anymore since it's installed.
Correct. If you have any files in the install directory, that's all you'll see. Remove them.

If you used a guide and that guide didn't tell you to remove those files after installation, please ask the guide's author to add that step. We've recently seen a number of people with this issue, so they are probably using the same instructions, but nobody gets it fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM