Homebrew Wup Installer Y error

9gennaio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I downloaded Super Smash Bros from Wii U USB Helper and I put it on the SD. Then I go in Wup Installer, I press X or A to install and this message appears: This is not a game, update or DLC.This is the first time it happens. What can I do?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i suggest using wup installer gx2 a more up to date and over all better version of wup installer
I have had a good few games not install using gx mod then they would install perfectly using y mod so I recommend the op stays using y mod.

Reactions: 9gennaio

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe the files are corrupted on SD ?
you tried deleting and copying again ? (start by doing it only with the small files, the tickets, etc. no need to delete all the game if the issue is just a small file)

9gennaio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Web Exploit.
this won't change anything. there's some either corrupted with your files, you don't have the right ones, or you're not putting them in the right spot
I will try to delete the game and put it again, but I have another problem. Before the speed to move a game to sd was 10-15 MB/s but now it's only 4-5 MB/s. there is a way to increase again because SSB it's 14 GB, it would take me a lot of time!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the issue is really a wrong file, it's located in the ticket, or cert, or a small file which is used to define what type of title you are installing (system, game, dlc, update).

Like I suggested, try to delete only the small files and copy them back to SD from your source (PC).
try again.
Maybe the issue is only in the ticket, or the .cert, etc.
no need to delete and wait 1H to copy the full game again.

if deleting/recopying the small files didn't work, then you can try all the game's file, but don't start doing it like that.

but your SD is either dying, or need a format.
The speed might also be different based on the reader and the USB Port you use. if you plug your SD card in an USB card reader in a USB1.1 port, it will be slower than using an USB3.0 reader in an USB3.0 port.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: wicksand420

9gennaio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the issue is really a wrong file, it's located in the ticket, or cert, or a small file which is used to define what type of title you are installing (system, game, dlc, update).

Like I suggested, try to delete only the small files and copy them back to SD from your source (PC).
try again.
Maybe the issue is only in the ticket, or the .cert, etc.
no need to delete and wait 1H to copy the full game again.

if deleting/recopying the small files didn't work, then you can try all the game's file, but don't start doing it like that.

but your SD is either dying, or need a format.
The speed might also be different based on the reader and the USB Port you use. if you plug your SD card in an USB card reader in a USB1.1 port, it will be slower than using an USB3.0 reader in an USB3.0 port.
I reformatted the sd and I put the game, but when I press install the error it's the same. Maybe the error it's in the game files. But I noticed something strange. After reformatting the moving speed was double for some time and then again slow. I use the SD reader in the PC, not a USB reader.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, so it's always the same reader (which is usb, but internally, you don't notice it), so it's not a USB Port or reader issue.
If the card is big, and you copy a lot of small files, the speed could be slower.

But I suppose wii games are not using hundred or thousands of files (unless it's loadiine format). it shouldn't be a problem for you.

Maybe formatting the SD card with Panasonic SD formater 5 could help with the speed. (it might format it to exFat, you'll have to reformat it to FAT32 manually). few users reported that tool fixed their issues.

If you can, try another SD card.
another thing you can try is being sure you are using the latest wupinstaller Y mod, because some users made mods of that tool, and you might not have the correct one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs