Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

steplay29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi guys,

just need advice here to see if i am doing this right.i have blocked nintendo updates on my wiiu 5.3.2 pal and am looking to spoof to 5.5.0.i have downloaded the correct file (eur)and put it on the root of my sd install folder.do i now just go to the following site http://www.wupinstaller.com/wi/ and follow this

Step 2:
Open the WiiU Browser and visit the Installation Page ( http://www.wupinstaller.com/wi ) either by typing it in or from your bookmarks. If you get a "Exploit failed, please try again." error, power off and try again. For other issues, takes longer than 15 seconds, or crashes with no error messages, see the "Common Problems" section.

Step 3: If the exploit is successful, your WiiU Gamepad will back out just like if you had pressed the Home button. At this point, choose the Browser icon from the quick selection options and visit the Installation Page again.

Step 4: The Gamepad should back out one more time. At this point, your Title is ready to install! Now just press the button to return to the Home Menu (where all the Miis are running around) and the installation will begin silently.

** Set a timer for 10-15 minutes **

to install the spoof???

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

just need advice here to see if i am doing this right.i have blocked nintendo updates on my wiiu 5.3.2 pal and am looking to spoof to 5.5.0.i have downloaded the correct file (eur)and put it on the root of my sd install folder.do i now just go to the following site http://www.wupinstaller.com/wi/ and follow this

Step 2:
Open the WiiU Browser and visit the Installation Page ( http://www.wupinstaller.com/wi ) either by typing it in or from your bookmarks. If you get a "Exploit failed, please try again." error, power off and try again. For other issues, takes longer than 15 seconds, or crashes with no error messages, see the "Common Problems" section.

Step 3: If the exploit is successful, your WiiU Gamepad will back out just like if you had pressed the Home button. At this point, choose the Browser icon from the quick selection options and visit the Installation Page again.

Step 4: The Gamepad should back out one more time. At this point, your Title is ready to install! Now just press the button to return to the Home Menu (where all the Miis are running around) and the installation will begin silently.

** Set a timer for 10-15 minutes **

to install the spoof???
Spoof install is really quick. I waited like maybe a minute, but other than that yes.

For game updates, it may take up to an hour or more, depending on the size of the update and the speed of your SD Card. Smash takes about 40-45 minutes when I update.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering why WUP Installed title updates can be uninstalled but 'full' game titles not.
To install a full game title you need the ticket (cetk), which you only get by purchasing the game. I think I read somewhere in this forum that if you had a valid cetk file you should be able to use WUP installer to install a full title, but I am not sure this has actually been done by anyone. Also I believe the cetk is unique per console, so they can't be shared either. So the only theoretical way for you to install a full game on your console with WUP installer would be to dump a cetk of a game you already own (which there is no known public way of doing) and would be pointless since you already would have the game :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I saw the blank command line one other time, out of curiosity did you try adding the extension? (i know it happened once not sure why) NUSGRABBER.EXE <titleID> without brackets

I did, no difference. I'm about out of ideas at this point..

Edit: Wtf? When I used WinRAR instead of 7-zip to extract the NUSGrabber rar out of curiosity, it started working (I had to change the IP it connects to like mentioned in that other topic too). When extracted with 7-zip, it just refuses to work at all.

Last edited by daxtsu,

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To install a full game title you need the ticket (cetk), which you only get by purchasing the game. I think I read somewhere in this forum that if you had a valid cetk file you should be able to use WUP installer to install a full title, but I am not sure this has actually been done by anyone. Also I believe the cetk is unique per console, so they can't be shared either. So the only theoretical way for you to install a full game on your console with WUP installer would be to dump a cetk of a game you already own (which there is no known public way of doing) and would be pointless since you already would have the game :)

Umm, the question was about uninstalling game titles/updates, not installing ;-)

The reason i'm asking this is due to:

wupinstaller.com said:
What are the risks?
This hack installs content to your NAND using the official Nintendo update functions.
This installation is PERMANENT and can currently not be reverted, game updates can be uninstalled.
The risk is the same as installing an update normally.

But i guess it's not that important to know, for now =P

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,
Reactions: yahoo

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freezes every time I try installing the 5.5.0 spoof, tried everything that but that link doesn't like my wii u. Any idea?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about the quick start menu. When it downloads updates, does it do it silently in the background and forced upon you?
And normally with it disabled, you can still get update nags in which you can say no to?

If it's like the 3DS, update nags aren't so scary to me. Automatic forced updates are though, I'm just confused on whether it does it silently with or without quick start menu enabled.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Question about the quick start menu. When it downloads updates, does it do it silently in the background and forced upon you?
And normally with it disabled, you can still get update nags in which you can say no to?

If it's like the 3DS, update nags aren't so scary to me. Automatic forced updates are though, I'm just confused on whether it does it silently with or without quick start menu enabled.
yeah disable it the qucik start menu is very dangerous for the wiiu.AFAIK quick star menu needs standby mode downloads on to work and yes the wiiu will download and install updates when its off without you knowing.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah disable it the qucik start menu is very dangerous for the wiiu.AFAIK quick star menu needs standby mode downloads on to work and yes the wiiu will download and install updates when its off without you knowing.
With quick start menu disabled, and standby disabled (Or never used), is it still possible to get update nags at least?

I see updates in two different forms:
1. Forced upon you and installs in the background silently (The only type of update mentioned and feared by all)
2. An update nag that pops up where you can say no and you're good.

I'm confused on what causes number 1, and what causes number 2 to occur.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
With quick start menu disabled, and standby disabled (Or never used), is it still possible to get update nags at least?

I see updates in two different forms:
1. Forced upon you and installs in the background silently (The only type of update mentioned and feared by all)
2. An update nag that pops up where you can say no and you're good.

I'm confused on what causes number 1, and what causes number 2 to occur.
update nags will always happen if your not blocking the update servers with tubehax or some other method.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update nags will always happen if your not blocking the update servers with tubehax or some other method.
For the 3DS, update nags only come around if you triggered it to download. Mainly by folding your 3DS in standby mode. But I find that it does not ever download the update nag unless I do standby. Seems like nobody knows how it's triggered on the Wii U though. But anyways I'll be using the OPENDNS method with blocked domains.

Actually now that I think about it, some mention that when you update a game, that will give you the update nag. Either way, the update nag isn't THAT easy to get. And if you have it, there's a way of removing it. It's not scary at all and can easily be canceled. Since automatic silent updates won't occur, there's nothing to fear really. I've been using my 3DS naked for so long now with no domains blocked, never got a nag since I never use standby. Though I do have one currently in emunand because my brother folded it once. It doesn't bother me one bit, so easy to ignore especially if you're the only one who uses the system.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, quick question, what are the pros and (more importantly) the cons of spoofing to 5.5.0?
cheers,
Pros
  • Access to eShop with NNU-Patcher
  • A reduced risk of updating
Cons
  • Nobody really knows if you would be able to officially upgrade to 5.5.0. Upgrading to next highest firmware should theoretically work, though

Reactions: Bowie77

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
So, just tried to install the latest Splatoon updates and... nothing.
I do see the update files on my Wii U and they are not corrupted or anything yet Splatoon still says it needs to be updated.
Any ideas what could be the cause here?

Honestly I don't care about the game at all, I think it's overrated as hell... but my sister wants to play it so yeah, might as well fix it then (sadly) :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455