Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it would be great to make it compatible with 5.5.X wii u with exploit because i'd like to update mario maker

Cant you use the new version of Loadiine with @Maschell s update selection?

I haven't looked into it too much, but I think you can pick which update "vXX" folder to use.

Last edited by KiiWii,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i can play to mario maker without update but i'd like to update the original
Um, did you try it? Dimok said it should work on FW that HBL work on. HBL works on 5.5.x, and you have the kernel exploit. If it's not setting up the right map for hbl/loadiine to launch, that's why you have problems. Marionumber1 has declined my request for the exploit so I can't really help you beyond that. I don't know if @NWPlayer123 modified what MN1 gave you all to work for loadiine etc or if it's already prepared to do all that.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Um, did you try it? Dimok said it should work on FW that HBL work on. HBL works on 5.5.x, and you have the kernel exploit. If it's not setting up the right map for hbl/loadiine to launch, that's why you have problems. Marionumber1 has declined my request for the exploit so I can't really help you beyond that. I don't know if @NWPlayer123 modified what MN1 gave you all to work for loadiine etc or if it's already prepared to do all that.
i can use homebrew launcher, i just don't know how this homebrew works and if it works on 5.5.1

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i can use homebrew launcher, i just don't know how this homebrew works and if it works on 5.5.1
Dimok said if HBL works, it should work.

open folder on SD wiiu/apps

make folder wupinstaller (SDCARD:/wiiu/apps/wupinstaller)

put wupinstaller.elf in folder

Edit: I also copy meta.xml from loadiine and edit it.

The rest of instructions same as original wupinstaller, and this version has on screen instruction after launch (last version by dimok did anyway)

You can also use http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Sendelf to load it from computer without putting on sd

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: karloz25 and KiiWii

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I am almost sure it will work on 5.5.1 correctly too. Just follow the instructions on the front page when you setup the SD card and EclipseSin's instruction to setup the ELF on the SD Card.

Where I am not so sure if it will work correct are the older firmware < 5.0.0 and I cant test it either. But even on those it should theoretically work.

Reactions: EclipseSin

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how does this WUPInstaller elf file work? Before, you had to have an SD card with the update data and that was it, but given that we need an SD card to load the apps, I take it that the game update data won't conflict with the HBL apps? I know it's a weird
question, I just want to be sure :P

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how does this WUPInstaller elf file work? Before, you had to have an SD card with the update data and that was it, but given that we need an SD card to load the apps, I take it that the game update data won't conflict with the HBL apps? I know it's a weird
question, I just want to be sure :P
No you don't have to worry about that. HBL data wont conflict with it. Just make sure you don't put weird stuff into the "/installer" path on the sd card but that also applies to the original wup installer.

Reactions: the_randomizer

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No you don't have to worry about that. HBL data wont conflict with it. Just make sure you don't put weird stuff into the "/installer" path on the sd card.
I tried a package I made myself, it says 0.0mb :3 lol Right titleid though (probably just reads from ticket xD)! haha

Edit to Others: This is not a bug. This was the expected outcome.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you don't have to worry about that. HBL data wont conflict with it. Just make sure you don't put weird stuff into the "/installer" path on the sd card but that also applies to the original wup installer.

Awesome, made a folder in wiiu\apps\wupinstaller as the .elf download was a loose file not in a directory already. Thanks for the quick reply.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I moved all the WUP installer related posts from the HBL thread into this one.
Due to the thread merging, you might have missed Dimok's last release on previous page:
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6303788

@SonyUSA : maybe you'll want to update your first post now that I merged dimok version in the thread.
I can rename the title if you want, to change the WiiU version, as it works from 3.x to 5.x

usage is the same, it just launches from HBL, installs what's in the sd:/install/ folder while displaying a progress bar, and exits when install is completed.

Toscanelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Report if you find something out of the ordinary.
I wouldn't call it a problem, probably it's more a warning for older firmwares (<= 4.x.x). If you install an update that actually requires a newer firmware the specific game won't work any more (Nintendo memory error). Of course you can delete this update via data management in system settings but the Wii U will memorise of this update and won't let you start the game, unless you install the update again :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you