Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well he can release something without releasing the source code.

So why they don't release it? I've never developed a program but I assume that when something that's not completed... the first hour it works while the 2nd doesn't? Maybe he has to make it stable first?

Edit: It still makes me worry because when I've downgraded my classic Wii, I've installed version 4.1(I think) instead of latest 4.3 but I've installed every ios that's included in 4.3 and it is necessary to run every game out there and never had problems so far....

It makes me skeptical.. OK it will spoof 5.5.0 but it won't ruin stability? Maybe he waits the Iosu access in order to ensure stability in some games...

Last edited by stsaerox,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will keep mine on 5.5 as I'm pretty sure it will be supported at some point in time, probably sooner than later. That way I can see if any ban hammers are thrown at anyone using the spoof in the meantime. :P

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone on 5.4, don't panic too much because crediar did post on his twitter that the spoofer should work on 5.4 but makes no promises, and Marionumber1 did mention before that he might release his exploit if something like a spoofer is made.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is their any advantages to staying on a firmware lower than 5.3.2 from a user standpoint?

Haven't been keeping up with the scene as much, so sorry if this question is a little redundant.

Last edited by kingsora831,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is their any advantages to staying on a firmware lower than 5.3.2 from a user standpoint?

Haven't been keeping up with the scene as much as a use to, so sorry if this question is a little redundant.
nah, if anything you can use more things on 532 because it was designed for it. it's possible with 3x but i dont tjink it has been ported. now from a guy who tinkers with it i think they are on 3.x for some reason.

Reactions: kingsora831

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country

Haven't been keeping up with the scene as much, so sorry if this question is a little redundant.

nah, if anything you can use more things on 532 because it was designed for it. it's possible with 3x but i dont tjink it has been ported. now from a guy who tinkers with it i think they are on 3.x for some reason.

Because 3.x.x has iosu exploit ;-)

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because if Nintendo is aware exactly what they found, they ruin our homebrew dream by blocking something on their servers and this won't work. Something like that.
To be honest I would hope so that Nintendo will block in on there servers, this would allow online cheating in games (for example Mario Kart), wich would really destroy the online part (like with Mario Kart Wii).

The firmware spoofer is great for people who want to stay on 5.3.2 but still want to play games that require 5.3.2+

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
To be honest I would hope so that Nintendo will block in on there servers, this would allow online cheating in games (for example Mario Kart), wich would really destroy the online part (like with Mario Kart Wii).

The firmware spoofer is great for people who want to stay on 5.3.2 but still want to play games that require 5.3.2+

Personally I want this so I can buy the DLC for Mario Kart, it would be nice if i could update my other games too as i got my Wii U after 5.4 was released, so as im on 5.3.2 have never been on the Eshop with it.

Your right though people will just abuse it cheat in online games sadly.

joeschmoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to offer to test? Good bug reports have: 1) System config info like software version and all files in use 2) Easily followed repro steps that result in bug repro 100% of the time, and 3) expected vs. actual results.

Last edited by joeschmoe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: