Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great progress,
I am now wondering on the way you apply it, many steps to redo it each time?

Thanks a lot anyway

D

Deleted-355425

this one?

http://185.100.84.71/fuyt/
The video is directly from Crediar himself, there is no reason to doubt the legitimacy of the video. Also, that html code is standard code to escape the browser to run unsigned code.

The video SHOWS the install URL in the browser, just not the address. And the Hello World example shows the REAL FW firmware of the console AND spoofed FW version. He is able to launch Mario Kart WITHOUT it nagging to update, so actually, it DID cover all that.

https://twitter.com/crediar/status/642431003290652672

yup he did.

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I believe too in crediar's movie, but in fact, we just see a 5.5.0 console launching MK then going to a webpage displaying a sentence
Cookies for sceptikals...

Reactions: Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The video SHOWS the install URL in the browser, just not the address. And the Hello World example shows the REAL FW firmware of the console AND spoofed FW version. He is able to launch Mario Kart WITHOUT it nagging to update, so actually, it DID cover all that.

Any Wii u on 5.5.0 would start MK without nagging it and the Hello World Script which may be just... well text? it would have been nice, if there would have been all the 3 steps there which i mentioned...

and there is no installation url shown - the start page is youtube and you see some "install" favourite.

i could totally do this video myself if i would update my wiiu to 5.5.0

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me be a bit skeptical....
The Video doesn't show a change from 5.3.2 to 5.5.0 E
The Wesbite shows 404 and a trollface and the html-source doesn't show anything - maybe the picture works in a way like the hen-flash from the psp but... well...

Sorry, but i thought there will be a proof that shows:
1. 5.3.2 - console which wants to update
2. The way of spoofing it without giving away an adress or something like that (censoring the display alone)
3. The console now has 5.5.0 E and has access to the e-shop and online gaming

If those 3 parts are covered in a Video i'm gonna believe it...
then look at about 0:52
on 5.5.0 E Nintendo Tv is removed dude " that red tv right of the internet browser"

Reactions: Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
then look at about 0:52
on 5.5.0 E Nintendo Tv is removed dude " that red tv right of the internet browser"
Thx for this hint. Then im gonna take back what i've said :-)

I mean without anyone pointing out this one. If somebody else would have made this video without noticing nintendo tv than the whole gbatemp community would have killed this post ;-)

But hell yeah :D Hopefully spoofing allows games to be updated and access to the e-shop :)

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let me be a bit skeptical....
The Video doesn't show a change from 5.3.2 to 5.5.0 E
There is a very good reason for that :)

Great progress,
I am now wondering on the way you apply it, many steps to redo it each time?
Not at all actually. I think you will be happy to see the end result.

completely irrelevant, but i guess that link is "Fuck U YouTube" maybe :P
You sir are correct :D
I uploaded the video to youtube in the first place, instantly got a content id match, then had trouble cutting out the audio track as there was a lot of noise in the background.
So we decided fuck it, let's go with WebM instead.

I hope spoofing allows games to update :unsure:
More on this later.

0/10, no sexy acryllic nails
Sorry! :(

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is a very good reason for that :)

Ah ok... now it gets interesting...
Edit: Would rofl if you could make this change somehow persistent

what jumped in my mind while showering was "Did Nintendo do FW-Version checks when the Game is starting?"

Like for example, you have content on your wii u game which could be only gathered with Version 5.5 or later... What will happen? Will the wii u Brick? Will it just reset or throw an error and everything is ok?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So can anything be downloaded from NUS or even e shop acess? or its just online play with games taht are totaly updated like mk8?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any Wii u on 5.5.0 would start MK without nagging it and the Hello World Script which may be just... well text? it would have been nice, if there would have been all the 3 steps there which i mentioned...

and there is no installation url shown - the start page is youtube and you see some "install" favourite.

i could totally do this video myself if i would update my wiiu to 5.5.0

You -could- make this video, but you aren't Crediar and nobody would believe you. The fact that Crediar posted it, basically makes it 99.9% real just by association.

Reactions: Mazamin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs