Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I ripped my disc using wudumper, can I install them to my usb HDD directly using wup installer? In there another step in between? I got the "wu installer error MCP_installgetinfo 0xfffb32e2" when I tried to install the folder.
Are you following the directions in the WUDump thread? WUDump gives you 12 parts of a wud file that you have to join on the pc, then extract the wupinstall style files (.app/.h3/title.*) from there using wud2app, and copy those to sd, THEN install. If you wanted to extract the files directly from disc so they're ready to install, you wanted Disc2App, not WUDump.

Depending on the disc and your computer skills, it might be fastest to just redump the disc with disc2app.

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you following the directions in the WUDump thread? WUDump gives you 12 parts of a wud file that you have to join on the pc, then extract the wupinstall style files (.app/.h3/title.*) from there using wud2app, and copy those to sd, THEN install. If you wanted to extract the files directly from disc so they're ready to install, you wanted Disc2App, not WUDump.

Depending on the disc and your computer skills, it might be fastest to just redump the disc with disc2app.

ok, I missed that, thanks for the reply.

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I just found out that my external HDD might not be getting enough power from the WiiU usb port, it is ok to move all the games+saves I installed using wup installer to a new HDD using the wiiU storage management?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just found out that my external HDD might not be getting enough power from the WiiU usb port, it is ok to move all the games+saves I installed using wup installer to a new HDD using the wiiU storage management?
You can, if you have enough power going to the drive to successfully copy the games. But if you can do that, why do you suspect that you don't have sufficient power to use it?

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah I am not sure, because it seems to do that after like 20mins ish, always just when about to finish install the zelda patch. Also game too I guess, I think the external enclosure isnt very good. Already turn off the HDD sleep function too.

Last edited by Gitaroo,

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys, i was wondering something...

This spoofing of the firmware is used to get games to work from older firmwares, but what if you are on the latest firmware, and use apps like haxchi to install and play games. This sets the firmware to something impossible.

Can you spoof it back to the latest nintendo firmware and play online like you normally would?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you spoof it back to the latest nintendo firmware and play online like you normally would?
If you haven't run Haxchi since you booted, you won't be showing the impossible version. You don't need to run Haxchi if you're playing games that have legitimate tickets.

If you play online with the higher version, Nintendo may know, but nobody has posted that they've been banned for doing it.

If you're concerned about it, or need to run CFW in order to run your game, install haxchi version 2.5. That was released before the feature was added.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you haven't run Haxchi since you booted, you won't be showing the impossible version. You don't need to run Haxchi if you're playing games that have legitimate tickets.

If you play online with the higher version, Nintendo may know, but nobody has posted that they've been banned for doing it.

If you're concerned about it, or need to run CFW in order to run your game, install haxchi version 2.5. That was released before the feature was added.

Thnx for the reply, i downloaded the games with Wii u USB helper and the tickets were included, but I can't play them without haxchi so I guess they aren't legit tickets.

Thx for the tip about the older haxchi using correct firmware numbers. I might try that :)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for the tip about the older haxchi using correct firmware numbers. I might try that :)
If you do, just remember that you're giving up whatever update protection the fake system version number would have provided, plus any improvements made to the code after that point.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you do, just remember that you're giving up whatever update protection the fake system version number would have provided, plus any improvements made to the code after that point.

That's true... They should make an option for those things on boot... Let it boot to fake firmware version or normal version (both with cfw)

Reactions: nexusmtz

Casis

I'm no hero, but I try to help when I can.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I keep getting the error code: 0xFFFCFFE9, which translates to- No SD card found. My SD card is in the system and when I press Y to remount the SD and rescan the folders, nothing happens. I used USB Helper to download Hyrule Warriors and used the Copy to SD option in the program. Was that the cause of my issue? Or am I just doing something else wrong?

Mario987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wup instaler does work and give me -5 message on the screen , couple weeks ago everything was ok , maybe somebody can help me please

Pepear500

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ive a problem, while instaling a game, the program keeps running but the game stop being installed, it gets blocked, what shall i do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night