Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, are games still region locked installing from wud?
Yes. If you generate app files from a wud, then install that package with Wup Installer, the game itself is still locked to the original region. If you run another region's game without patches being active, you'll get an error. If you run Haxchi sysmenu, Mocha, or a current fw.img or other signature patcher, those will work around the region check at title startup.

Whether the out-of-region title runs properly is dependent on the title.

Clawrius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Been of the scene for quite some time. My WiiU is running 5.4.0 and is spoofed to 5.5.1 with the method in this thread, i've read that required fw is 5.5.1 for IOSU, is there any way to remove/restore the 5.5.1 spoof back to 5.4.0 so I can update to 5.5.1? Or is there any other way to get to 5.5.1? Thanks inte advance.

Last edited by Clawrius,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Sonic Lost World from disc using WUPinstaller but when I try to start it from the main menu it says preparing update and won't let me start it. Can I update it?

Svejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to use FunkiiU... It opened the first time, but now it doesn't open.. On top of that, the install folder I got from it, I placed in my install folder on my SD card... when opening Wup installer, it does not show anything in the folder. There's hundreds of pages on this site, but starting from the beginning of each thread is out dated. Is there anything else besides FunkiiU? NUSGrabber simply won't open on my PC.. Is there not anything that converts loadiine to eup install ready?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to use FunkiiU... It opened the first time, but now it doesn't open.. On top of that, the install folder I got from it, I placed in my install folder on my SD card... when opening Wup installer, it does not show anything in the folder. There's hundreds of pages on this site, but starting from the beginning of each thread is out dated. Is there anything else besides FunkiiU? NUSGrabber simply won't open on my PC.. Is there not anything that converts loadiine to eup install ready?
Please don't just dump all of your questions in an unrelated thread.

There is a funkiiu thread if you're having trouble with that program. For an alternative to funkiiu, depending on what you're trying to do, you may like WiiU USB Helper.

It might have been helpful to see a screenshot of your sd folders/content, or at least what command you used for funkiiu and what messages you got back. We're not going to be able to guess what happened.

If your loadiine extraction is complete and was not made with ddd, you can bundle it up with nuspacker and install it (while you're signature patched) with WUPInstaller. There's a thread for that too. Loadiine dumps made with ddd don't have the proper app.xml and cos.xml for repackaging.

Svejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies, but WiiU USB Helper solved most everything now. Got it to work with Shovel Knight to test, and wup installer recognized the folders and installed it just fine... Now I just got BotW through it (as it finally showed as available); followed all the same instructions, but wup installer doesn't show it in the install folder (still just shows Shovel Knight)... was having this issue earlier; folders not showing in wup installer. Any suggestions?

EDIT: OK, I finally figured out why. I still had my homebrew channel files in the install folder. Seems it was confusing wup installer. I deleted those and solely had the game folders, and presto... there they were! Installed BotW and it's update! I'm officially done with the WiiU hacking scene now! LOLOL! I want to thank everyone who has helped me, and I apologize for any double posting and pestering I've caused. I'm sure there were many eyerolls while reading my posts. lol

Last edited by Svejk,
Reactions: nexusmtz

Torito Verdejo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, guys. First of all I have to thank you for your hardworking. Really, thank you.
After that I have to ask you something which could be quite foolish: I have successfully installed Breath of the Wild with WUP Installer. Nevertheless, when I load the game my console tries to update, so I prevent it, and then the game doesn't start because I "must perform a system update to play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild". How can I get around this and play without updating my firmware?

With my 3DS I would just launch GW and update the emuNAND. What about the Wii U? How should I proceed?

Excuse my noob questions, and thank you. :)

EDIT: I'm on 5.5.0 E. Should I update?

Last edited by Torito Verdejo,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, guys. First of all I have to thank you for your hardworking. Really, thank you.
After that I have to ask you something which could be quite foolish: I have successfully installed Breath of the Wild with WUP Installer. Nevertheless, when I load the game my console tries to update, so I prevent it, and then the game doesn't start because I "must perform a system update to play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild". How can I get around this and play without updating my firmware?

With my 3DS I would just launch GW and update the emuNAND. What about the Wii U? How should I proceed?

Excuse my noob questions, and thank you. :)

EDIT: I'm on 5.5.0 E. Should I update?
Yep. Update to 5.5.1. Now! ;)
(there's no reason to stay on 5.5.0!

kingjoshington

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry if this has been asked already -- I've looked and can't find the answer.
If I download a game and install it using WUP, can I then use the Nintendo E-shop to purchase DLC for the game? Or will it somehow conflict, as I didn't have the physical game?

Thank you for whoever can answer.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked already -- I've looked and can't find the answer.
If I download a game and install it using WUP, can I then use the Nintendo E-shop to purchase DLC for the game? Or will it somehow conflict, as I didn't have the physical game?

Thank you for whoever can answer.
Yes, at least it works for dumps with disc2app.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install Puyo Puyo Tetris on my American Wii U?
To run out-of-region games, you either need to run some kind of patching solution (like Mocha, Simple Signature Patcher, or Haxchi (Haxchi faq)) or you have to manually edit the xml for the title and update using ftpuii_everwhere after they've been installed.

Some out-of-region games don't work properly due to region/language file combinations, but they'll launch. Check the loadiine compatibility list for more info on those titles. I haven't tested Tetris.

Last edited by nexusmtz,

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I ripped my disc using wudumper, can I install them to my usb HDD directly using wup installer? In there another step in between? I got the "wu installer error MCP_installgetinfo 0xfffb32e2" when I tried to install the folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over