Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call it a problem, probably it's more a warning for older firmwares (<= 4.x.x). If you install an update that actually requires a newer firmware the specific game won't work any more (Nintendo memory error). Of course you can delete this update via data management in system settings but the Wii U will memorise of this update and won't let you start the game, unless you install the update again :wacko:
Oh wow that actually is quite nasty of nintendo. We should write a big warning about this on the front page. Unfortunately there is not much that I can do about it inside WUP installer itself at the moment :(.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok fixed the hanging of the wupinstaller and added an install progress bar, so you'll install any title properly knowing the progress without ur console hanging at the end. Also he added the possibility to install to USB.
maybe it's time to update the thread @SonyUSA

I moved all the WUP installer related posts from the HBL thread into this one.
Due to the thread merging, you might have missed Dimok's last release on previous page:
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6303788

@SonyUSA : maybe you'll want to update your first post now that I merged dimok version in the thread.
I can rename the title if you want, to change the WiiU version, as it works from 3.x to 5.x

usage is the same, it just launches from HBL, installs what's in the sd:/install/ folder while displaying a progress bar, and exits when install is completed.

Unfortunately I don't have an exploitable WiiU anymore since Ninty updated it when I sent it to them to fix it so I can't make a proper guide... but yeah... >_>

Deathpenaltyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I'm new to this wii u hack scene and I'm wondering. If. You could help me. Out

I got wii u 5.4 loadiine all working and all but 1 of my games working from back up so keep my disks working

Now the problem with this 1 none working game which is Devils third it loads to error 160-2200

Now upon research seems it needs latest smash bros update

Long winded I know but the actual question is does wupinstaller work on FW 5.4

Because I've tried multiple ways n file sand can't get it working

Any help would be appreciated

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent my friend, bigups! :)

Edit: it looks like JNUSTool is the only option now to download a full update properly. I have tried NUSGrabber.exe, UWizard, Utility & NUSGrabber.gui and none will download a full update fully or just not at all so don't even bother wasting your time trying!. Also a tip which is quite obvious tbh, if your intending on updating games I suggest do every update now, it looks like Nintendo are trying to put a stop to these backdoor updates.

Last edited by Reecey,

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I am looking for an icon for the HBL version of the wup installer to go with since I want to push the sources to the github soon and make the first release version for it.

I am currently looking at using these:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-ins...oofing-3-x-5-4-0.397053/page-133#post-6285172

Any objections or other suggestions?
Sorry to bother you, I have been looking for info on how to use HBL for 5.5.1 and can't seem to get myself in the right direction. Do you know where I can get it?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Deathpenaltyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I run Devils third on loadiine latest commit, without smash mode and without updates.

I'm on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1 using miimaker mode.

WUP installer works on 5.4.0 too.

I can't get it working loads to black screen with error 160-2200 and I can't get wupinstaller to work either crashes non stop

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't get it working loads to black screen with error 160-2200 and I can't get wupinstaller to work either crashes non stop

Sure its a good rip? Using latest Loadiine nightly?

as for WUP: Are you using the new updated WUP installer by dimok?

wupinstaller_HBL_no_progress
wupinstaller_HBL_with_progress

??

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call it a problem, probably it's more a warning for older firmwares (<= 4.x.x). If you install an update that actually requires a newer firmware the specific game won't work any more (Nintendo memory error). Of course you can delete this update via data management in system settings but the Wii U will memorise of this update and won't let you start the game, unless you install the update again :wacko:

Oh wow that actually is quite nasty of nintendo. We should write a big warning about this on the front page. Unfortunately there is not much that I can do about it inside WUP installer itself at the moment :(.
I'm guessing that this is what's been going on with Guitar Hero Live, then? User @lalala99 installed all updates in order (as dimok suggested to try previously) and it still isn't working.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dimok said if HBL works, it should work.

open folder on SD wiiu/apps

make folder wupinstaller (SDCARD:/wiiu/apps/wupinstaller)

put wupinstaller.elf in folder

Edit: I also copy meta.xml from loadiine and edit it.

The rest of instructions same as original wupinstaller, and this version has on screen instruction after launch (last version by dimok did anyway)

You can also use http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Sendelf to load it from computer without putting on sd
thank you. instructions worked great first time

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sure its a good rip? Using latest Loadiine nightly?

as for WUP: Are you using the new updated WUP installer by dimok?

wupinstaller_HBL_no_progress
wupinstaller_HBL_with_progress

??
The ones with the info about the progress bar are (already) old releases.
There were two versions because of an issue with the progress bar, but that issue is fixed in the latest release : https://gbatemp.net/posts/6303788, and soon to be officially released on github.

Reactions: KiiWii

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I took the time and finished up the wupinstaller stuff today that I started last weekend. It now finishes the update clean and correctly and exits back to Mii Maker / HBL without any issues. So you now have the more proper way of installing titles on it (previous install progress version) and that without a hang at the end.

Furthermore I added a new feature to it. You can now choose where to install the title to. If you press A you will install the title to the system memory and if you press X you can install the title to the USB storage device (only game updates). If no WiiU formatted USB storage is attached you will get an error and it will return to the wup installer menu.

Here is a test version to see if it also works for others and not only for me and @dibas :
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/ly8ycL7W/file.html

Like before it should work on any firmware that HBL works on. I might add a selection menu for titles on the SD card at some point for a 2nd release (not only "/sd/install" path) but I dont know when I find the time for it. Its not on the top of my list.

Report if you find something out of the ordinary. I will make a release out of it in a few days and put up the source code on github if nothing pops up.
Thank you very much for this! I will try to install the latest Smash update with it. It never worked with the current online version, for some reason :(

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately I don't have an exploitable WiiU anymore since Ninty updated it when I sent it to them to fix it so I can't make a proper guide... but yeah... >_>
Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately for some ppl :P ) every FW is exploitable so far :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1