Homebrew WUP Installer GX 2 failed to install a Wii U game to the NAND

Ron_Harrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Im going to keep this as short and simple as possible, although if you have questions I will do my best to answer them. So, yesterday I used Disc2App on the Wii U to rip New Super Mario Bros. U to a SD card (this is the first time I've ever done this), after that I went into WUP Installer GX 2 to see if I could install the game from the SD card onto my Wii U's NAND, It did appear so I began the installation, I had about 8GBs left on my console which was plenty of space for this game. It was going well up until about half way, then it failed telling me that it was most likely caused by the console running out of storage, so I closed it out and went to check data managment and noticed I only had 37MBs of space left.... so I thought it must have kept the part of the game that did install, I looked all in data management and it's not there for me to delete. So it seems half of New Super Mario Bros. U is stuck on my console and I have no clue how to delete the chunk that was installed... I should have done more research on what I was doing before I tried this *sigh*. Also, I couldn't find any info on this problem and people on this site seem very knowledgeable so I thought it was my best bet to post here. Is there anyway I can delete the part of the game that was installed so I'm not stuck with half of a game on my console?

All help is greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Ron_Harrison,

ando2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my guess would be your gonna have to ftp into the wiiu using the likes of filezilla, not sure what directory it would be in tho.

D

Deleted User

(Make sure you have enough space) Try installing the game to a Wii U formatted USB then move it to nand. Also if you have wup installer gx2 on nand it's usually doesn't install any apps. It's recommended to install it to USB for it to work. Or try thr homebrew launcher version of wup installer. And never FTP into your Wii U unless you know what you're doing. The Wii U is not like an original Xbox or PS2 where you could just FTP into it and dragged and drop a ISO file of a Wii U game. It has to be installed as an app and the Wii U has a process of decrypting files to install it.

Reactions: Hyena

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, the wii u has some sort of indexer. if you ftp the game, it won't appear on the home menu. I don't think enough is known about this process.

edit: also, the ticket goes through some sort of algorithm, then it's transferred to the ticket bucket. I'm not sure if enough is known about this either.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, you want to delete a game? sorry, didn't read the op. lol I just read the comments. your only option may be to delete the data located here: mlc01/usr/title/00050000/title id of that game. you can find the title id on that title key site. I'm assuming you installed the North American version, in which case, the location would be: mlc01/usr/title/00050000/10101d00

edit: the game must not have been indexed if it doesn't show up, so deleting it via ftp may be the only way to remove it aside from formatting the system. don't format if using cbhc, 'cause you'll brick.

Last edited by godreborn,

Ron_Harrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be exact I tried installing New Super Mario Brios U + Luigi U, and whatever the error was cause by, (I see I should have installed WUP installer to USB and not NAND) it failed at around 1000MBs I believe, so yes, it's not appearing in data management at all, so I guess using FTP (which I've never done before) is the only way I can remove it cause I really don't want to format the whole console. Although I don't have any kind of haxchi installed, just the Homebrew launcher. I'll look up a tutorial on using FTP.

Thank you for the help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if there's a different title id for that game. the title key site will have it. use ftpii u everywhere. remember, though, there are two versions. one is for haxchi; the other is for mocha.

btw, iirc, the reason that game is so large is the videos. the game is pretty small (like 2.2GBs) without them.

D

Deleted User

To be exact I tried installing New Super Mario Brios U + Luigi U, and whatever the error was cause by, (I see I should have installed WUP installer to USB and not NAND) it failed at around 1000MBs I believe, so yes, it's not appearing in data management at all, so I guess using FTP (which I've never done before) is the only way I can remove it cause I really don't want to format the whole console. Although I don't have any kind of haxchi installed, just the Homebrew launcher. I'll look up a tutorial on using FTP.

Thank you for the help
You need haxchi installed and running for wup installer to work on the system menue use wup installer from the homebrew launcher but you need haxchi for vc games and dlc

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you for the help
So you didn't actually have enough space free after all :P

Ron_Harrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need haxchi installed and running for wup installer to work on the system menue use wup installer from the homebrew launcher but you need haxchi for vc games and dlc
Well I did run Mocha CFW before I tried installing the game with WUP, is there more to it than just doing that? It seems there's a lot more to this than I thought, I'm glad I haven't bricked the console yet.

Last edited by Ron_Harrison,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mocha is just an alternative to haxchi. it's odd that wup installer doesn't scan for available space. I've never tried installing a game to the usb or to the NAND when there was insufficient space.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thank you for the help
You said you only had 8gb left but the combined pack of New Super Mario Brios U + Luigi U needs 14.60 gb of space so there is your problem. The two games separately are only a few gb each but the combined version has a shit load of extra videos added thus why it's over 14 gb in size. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...dMAA&usg=AOvVaw2vKGzCh03Uzkr9HApQ-Qnn&ampcf=1

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Ron_Harrison

Ron_Harrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said you only had 8gb left but the combined pack of New Super Mario Brios U + Luigi U needs 14.60 gb of space so there is your problem. The two games separately are only a few gb each but the combined version has a shit load of extra videos added thus why it's over 14 gb in size. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...dMAA&usg=AOvVaw2vKGzCh03Uzkr9HApQ-Qnn&ampcf=1
Wow, that explains a lot, I definitely read the install size wrong. At least the storage error that it threw out was correct and not just some random failure, as long as I can get it deleted then I'll either make room for it or install it to a USB device. Thanks for confirming the exact size!

Ron_Harrison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if there's a different title id for that game. the title key site will have it. use ftpii u everywhere. remember, though, there are two versions. one is for haxchi; the other is for mocha.

btw, iirc, the reason that game is so large is the videos. the game is pretty small (like 2.2GBs) without them.
Ok, so I got FTPii Everywhere, the only version I could find though was this: https://github.com/FIX94/ftpiiu/releases it seems to be working except for "error when retrieving the directory listing" as it says when I try to go into any of the four in the attached image, I will also attach another image of everything else that appears. I found the the title key for New SMB U + New SL U : 00050000-1014B700

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 7.18.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 7.18.55 PM.png
    2 KB · Views: 384
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 7.22.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 7.22.45 PM.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 491

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.