Homebrew WUP installer error

guldx1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So just today I installed homebrew on my Wii U, everything worked out fine and now I'm trying to install Zelda BotW through WUP installer. I downloaded the game through Wii U USB Helper and put the files in the SD:/installer, launch homebrew launcher through the web browser and launch "WUP Installer - Y Mod" (or something along those line). I've tried to install the game both to my "system memory" and USB but each time it just says: "Install of title 00000000-00000000 failed. install Error: MCP_InstallGetnfo 0xFFFBF3E2 Confirm complete WUP files are in the folder. Try power down.

I've tried naming the installer folder both with and without a capital "I" and I've also tried making a folder inside the "installer" folder but it still always says the same thing.
Please help.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Check is the name of the folder containing the installer files does have special character such as: ™ ® é etc. , if so then just remove the special character.

guldx1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did you used a hacked 3DS SD Card? if yes, then you must put another SD Card
Nope, literally bought a completely new sd card today.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Check is the name of the folder containing the installer files does have special character such as: ™ ® é etc. , if so then just remove the special character.
The folder is just SD:/install/breath of the wild . As I said I've also tried without the "breath of the wild" folder

D

Deleted User

Your game must weight certain amount.
If it doesn't redownload using USB Helper and check Copy to SD option. Even if there's a network timeout then it will retry and check if all files are correct.

guldx1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded Wind Waker HD (because its smaller and takes less time to download and I wanted to see if another game worked) but just same error there

D

Deleted User

I downloaded Wind Waker HD (because its smaller and takes less time to download and I wanted to see if another game worked) but just same error there
Either reformat your SDCard to FAT32 32kb cluster size or try another SDCard/Another Wup Installer. [Y Mod/GX2]

JAGame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to load a couple of different Zelda games including Breath of the Wild but was getting the errors. I reformatted the SD card and that did not work. My problem turned out to be the directory structure of the games I was installing. Once I pulled the install files out of the sub-directories, everything started working. If anyone knows where I can find user guides for the WUP Installers and stuff I would like to read through them. There are tons of install guides but I have found very little about how to actually use the apps once you have the applications installed.

JAGame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really??? No one can help point to any guides at all?

While BotW installed fine, I'm unable to install other games like Windwalker HD because the game is in a different format (has the three folders for content under the named folder with the code in the folder name).

D

Deleted User

Really??? No one can help point to any guides at all?

While BotW installed fine, I'm unable to install other games like Windwalker HD because the game is in a different format (has the three folders for content under the named folder with the code in the folder name).
That's a Loadiine format unsupported by Wup Installer. It's basically, extracted game used by Loadiine [You can run games off SDCards but it's very slow and can kill off your SDCard pretty easily]
Download your games using Wii U USB Helper [you can find ticket site by just literally googling it while adding "wii u" at the beginning]
Just use it with "Copy to SD" option for better results

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4