FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for example, would the game.key from my legit copy of mario maker still work with someone else's copy of mario maker, or a copy of mario maker randomly downloaded from somewhere? (sorry for all the questions, just trying to better understand how all this key stuff works. last one i think! :P )
to give you a quick explanation about what that file actually is, it basically is the key needed to decrypt that specific disc with its specific game on it. if somebody has a disc with the same game, game version and game region it will work, otherwise it will not since the ISO on it is a different one, nintendo uses a different key for each ISO, the easiest way to check that is by the hashes automatically created by wudump.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to give you a quick explanation about what that file actually is, it basically is the key needed to decrypt that specific disc with its specific game on it. if somebody has a disc with the same game, game version and game region it will work, otherwise it will not since the ISO on it is a different one, nintendo uses a different key for each ISO, the easiest way to check that is by the hashes automatically created by wudump.

Is there a way to obtain .tik from my digital games? (I got some USA ones legits that I want to share to that title keys site and I know for sure they are not there) tik2sd wont work since it doesn't say what tik belongs to what game... it just gives me a lot of .tikis with lots of random numbers (no they are not title ids)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to obtain .tik from my digital games? (I got some USA ones legits that I want to share to that title keys site and I know for sure they are not there) tik2sd wont work since it doesn't say what tik belongs to what game... it just gives me a lot of .tikis with lots of random numbers (no they are not title ids)
Just upload your keys.txt file to the title keys site. (It's a button on the right, almost at the top.) The site will import any that it's missing. Your console ID is not part of that file, so you don't have to be concerned about privacy any more so than entering the keys manually.

Or you can check the Title Database to get the TitleIDs of the ones you know are missing.

Last edited by nexusmtz,
Reactions: huma_dawii

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just upload your keys.txt file to the title keys site. (It's a button on the right, almost at the top.) The site will import any that it's missing. Your console ID is not part of that file, so you don't have to be concerned about privacy any more so than entering the keys manually.

Or you can check the Title Database to get the TitleIDs of the ones you know are missing.
Holy smokes I didn't know I can upload the whole thing!! :D thanks!

It worked!! :DD

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 365
Last edited by huma_dawii,
Reactions: nexusmtz

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Maschell,

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Nice.
Arghh now I need to add game_part.wux support to jnuslib/jwudtool.

Do you also verifiy the image?
Which hash is it saving? The one from the wud or wux? Or both? Should save both imo
It saves the wud hash. I can't save the wux hash because I write the header/table at the end.
I can save the hash of each part (because game_part1.wux is just for the header/tabl), but that code had a bug so I removed it for now, I will fix it.

Reactions: Maschell

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah I see. Too bad the result still has to splitted (screw you FAT32).
Putting the splitted .wux files back together vs. compressing a splitted .wud directly into a .wux shouldn't make that big difference. Only when the .wux is that much smaller than the .wud (You save some time on copying the data).

Hopefully we have support for other filesystems in the future, then this becomes reaaally handy!

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
The bottleneck is writing to the SD. So dumping directly to wux is faster. (I don't know how it is with external HD)

And I fixed the issue with the hash look up. So I recommend to redownload it.

Last edited by EyeKey,

ChambersNow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a wudump (or disc2app) equivalent tool for installed eShop games? I have Wind Waker HD and would like to back it up if possible to either WUD format or app/h3. I've tried sesrching but can't seem to find anything, thank you!

Last edited by ChambersNow,
D

Deleted User

Is there a wudump (or disc2app) equivalent tool for installed eShop games? I have Wind Waker HD and would like to back it up if possible to either WUD format or app/h3. I've tried sesrching but can't seem to find anything, thank you!
Don't think that's really possible.
The only way to do what you want is to dump the unencrypted contents and re-pack them using NUSPacker (which gives them an invalid ticket - do CFW will be required to run the game)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried to dump a kiosk demo disc (CAT-I) but the dumping process didn't start. I solely expected this not to be working. But what's the problem? Is this because CAT-I units use a different common key?
I'd think that you'd at least need a version of wudump that didn't try to figure anything out before it started dumping sectors. But the drive might not allow block reading until it has validated the disc, which it might not be able to. I assume that the WiiU shows it as 'Invalid Disc'. If you're getting a title at all, then you should be able to read sectors.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sad that there's nothing around yet that can dump directly installed games
If you copy the files from /usr/title/00050000/lowtitleid via ftp or wupclient, you can repack them with nuspacker, but you're much better off getting the real install files from NUS.

deathnutz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After it has been dumped the wud parts, common.key and game.key will be in a "wudump" folder on your sd card/usb device, to get the full game.wud you will have to merge them.

I'm having trouble with they game and common keys. I want to use this combined wud in cemu. It doesn't appear that they keys can be read in a text editor nor can it be imported into uwizard. This is what it looks like to me.

http://imgur.com/a/wX1Tj

How do I get this into the 32 character hex code everyone seems to like?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't appear that they keys can be read in a text editor nor can it be imported into uwizard. How do I get this into the 32 character hex code everyone seems to like?
Open the file in a Hex editor like HxD, or, if you want to use UWizard, rename game.key to game.bin (or whatever shows in the dropdown that isn't txt.)

You can also use powershell on Windows to view the file:
...Or, if your powershell is up to date, open a command prompt at your dump's directory and run:
Code:
powershell -c "((gc game.key -encoding byte)|%{$_.tostring('X2')}) -join ''"

deathnutz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the file in a Hex editor like HxD, or, if you want to use UWizard, rename game.key to game.bin (or whatever shows in the dropdown that isn't txt.)

Doh! Thank you! In haste, I tried an Online web based hex editor. Windows doesn't like to copy characters it doesn't understand. I used notepad++ and opened the key files directly. Then used their built in plugin "Converter" to run "ASCII -> HEX" on the highlighted encrypted text. This did the trick.

I've seen that other change the .key to .bin suggestion, as uwizard is only looking for a bin or one other other type of file extension (escapes me). This didn't work for me as it didn't seem to convert the still non-hex contents in the bin file into hex. It just loaded X's and gave me a red status of the key implying it didn't work/load properly.

Anyway, thanks again!

Last edited by deathnutz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...