• Views 195,815
  • Replies 398
  • Likes 82

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Will there ever be a combination from wudump,(wud2app) and wupinstaller in 1 homebrew? I mean a "disc2app"
I made something like that. I combined wudump and wud2app. It dumps the app to /install/<disc name>/. After that you can just use wupinstaller..
And I named it before I saw it mentioned in your post, so we thought about the same name :)

It is much faster than wudump because it only reads the necessary parts of the disc.

https://github.com/koolkdev/disc2app/releases/tag/v1.0
I will open a thread on it later.

All the credit for FIX94 of course, I just merged his tools.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Check that you have more than 23GB of free space on the destination device.
  • Delete the directory of the crashed dump, i.e. /wudump/productnumber
  • Leave the WiiU off overnight if you've been doing a lot of ripping.
  • Use another destination device.
  • If you have no other devices available, put the one you've been using in your PC and scan it for errors.

Hi @nexusmtz did everything you suggested (actually prior to you suggesting them, but did a second time just in case) and same results. It's very odd that two different Wii U's are having different issues.

Needless to say I'm pretty much done with everything I have at this point anyways. I'll leave the rest up to others.

Cheers!

Reactions: nexusmtz

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless if I use wudump or disc2app it just freezes after I put the disc in. I'm trying to rip Sonic Lost World it recognizes it by saying inserted (Sonic's title id) but stays there forever.

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Regardless if I use wudump or disc2app it just freezes after I put the disc in. I'm trying to rip Sonic Lost World it recognizes it by saying inserted (Sonic's title id) but stays there forever.
Does it write anything after "Inserted ..."? or is it the last message in both of them?
If it is the last message, it doesn't stuck on any disc related operation. What did you choose as destination, USB or SD?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it write anything after "Inserted ..."? or is it the last message in both of them?
If it is the last message, it doesn't stuck on any disc related operation. What did you choose as destination, USB or SD?

It's the last message then nothing else happens. I choose usb flash drive.

But since you said that I just tried sd and it seems to be working. Can I copy the files over from sd to usb when it's finished?

Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I can get to work fine with sd card but I've tried two different flash drives and they just get stuck on "Inserted <WUP name>" These are sandisk flash drives that work perfectly otherwise for games etc.... The sd card took me like 18 hours to finish Bayonetta which is a 12 gb game so that's why I'd much prefer usb but can't get it to work.

rigbone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I can get to work fine with sd card but I've tried two different flash drives and they just get stuck on "Inserted <WUP name>" These are sandisk flash drives that work perfectly otherwise for games etc.... The sd card took me like 18 hours to finish Bayonetta which is a 12 gb game so that's why I'd much prefer usb but can't get it to work.
I couldn't really get it to write reliably to any flash drive. I probably tried about 10 different sizes/brands and I think I got it to write to one of them completely only one time. They would always freeze up at some point. Tried for kicks using a USB hub and connecting the flash drives through that and no difference. In the end I ended up using an external USB (WD Passport or something simlar) and that ended up working perfectly since. Someone has now made an app incorporating this code (disk2app I think) that does everything in one shot, and writes only the files it needs to install so it writes much quicker - the flash drives might have a better time with that. You may not even need to use a USB drive though...it writes the files the necessary files to my SD in about 5 minutes (vs. around 2 hours for the full dump to external USB previously).

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't really get it to write reliably to any flash drive. I probably tried about 10 different sizes/brands and I think I got it to write to one of them completely only one time. They would always freeze up at some point. Tried for kicks using a USB hub and connecting the flash drives through that and no difference. In the end I ended up using an external USB (WD Passport or something simlar) and that ended up working perfectly since. Someone has now made an app incorporating this code (disk2app I think) that does everything in one shot, and writes only the files it needs to install so it writes much quicker - the flash drives might have a better time with that. You may not even need to use a USB drive though...it writes the files the necessary files to my SD in about 5 minutes (vs. around 2 hours for the full dump to external USB previously).

That's so odd because I am using disk2app but it took like all day and night and i think it's a pretty fast sd card it's a SanDisk Ultra 48 mb/s SDHC1 10. Normally it's fast but the 3 games I ripped to it were not. Anyway luckily I have all my disc games done so it's sort of moot now.

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use this with Cemu, but I am not sure how to decrypt the common.key and game.key files? trying to get legit backups of my own games to use. I ran wudump and it makes the wud files. I even converted the split files into 1 wud. Not sure what to do with the .key files since opening them in notepad just spits out gibberish. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but google searching didnt give me much information

Locutus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to use this with Cemu, but I am not sure how to decrypt the common.key and game.key files? trying to get legit backups of my own games to use. I ran wudump and it makes the wud files. I even converted the split files into 1 wud. Not sure what to do with the .key files since opening them in notepad just spits out gibberish. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but google searching didnt give me much information
Opening in a hex editor will show it

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked! Thanks so much, Locutus! Tried it with 3 different backups so far, and every time they launch. Of course not perfectly in Cemu, but at least I know I can play now once they get there. :)

One more question: I could have swore that I originally got the Wii U common key from some random place online, but the common key that my Wii U keeps pulling up is the same as what I've always used. Is this common key "common", or am I wrong assuming the key I've been using this whole time was from somewhere on the net? lol

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i figured as much. :P so then now that ive got these keys for the games i actually own, would the game key for said games work with other same games from the internet, or another game disc? or would it require a key unique to each individual game?

for example, would the game.key from my legit copy of mario maker still work with someone else's copy of mario maker, or a copy of mario maker randomly downloaded from somewhere? (sorry for all the questions, just trying to better understand how all this key stuff works. last one i think! :P )

Locutus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
every game.key is tied to a specific game and version. example: super mario 3d world (v1.00) game.key is different then super mario 3d world (v1.02) game.key

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I'm back with another question: I've so far gotten all of my games backed up. out of the 18 or 20 that I have, I'm trying to get the game.key for Assasin's Creed IV Black Flag. Every game so far, i've been able to convert to hex to get the key, however this game shows all but the last two digits of the hex code. Is there a possible reason for this? As far as I can tell, the game looks to have backed up okay, its just that the last two hex digits are blank, rather than having a value of some sort.

Because of this, Cemu won't decrypt the game. Ive tried substituting the last digits of the code with just spaces, or leaving them empty, using zero's. Neither of those 3 things worked. Shooting in the dark here. lol

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get the game.key for Assasin's Creed IV Black Flag. Every game so far, i've been able to convert to hex to get the key, however this game shows all but the last two digits of the hex code.
Look at the properties of the file on your SD (or USB drive.) If the size shows 16 bytes, your problem is with your conversion. If it's 15, your problem is with the dump itself.

Rename the wudump directory on your SD card (to something like wudump_sav) then start the dump again. Once it starts counting blocks, you can shut your WiiU off and move the SD to your computer. Look at the new game.key and see if it's any different.

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I've tried re-doing the dump and it keeps leaving out the last two hex digits. its 16 bytes like you said, but ive tried it 3 different times and every time it comes out as 16 bytes, and spits out the same code with the last missing two digits. Also, Im having an issue with Cabela's Wild Hunts. That game converts to several more digits in the hex, and just using the keycode of the same length as the other game.keys doesnt seem to work. Out of all 15 games I've copied, those two are the only one's ive had issues with. Every other game has copied over flawlessly, with no issues. I guess Assassin's creed and Cabela arent that important, so in the end it doesnt really matter much i suppose, but if you have anymore ideas, I'd appreciate the help, just so i know what to do in the possible future.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I've tried re-doing the dump and it keeps leaving out the last two hex digits. its 16 bytes like you said
What are you using to convert the content of the key? A 16 byte file will produce exactly 32 hex characters. Try installing HxD on your PC, open the game.key file in HxD, and take a look at the hex.

Or, if your powershell is up to date, open a command prompt at your dump's directory and run:
Code:
powershell -c "((gc game.key -encoding byte)|%{$_.tostring('X2')}) -join ''"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over