Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
OMG! You are my HERO!!!!

So with this I should be able to dump, merge and install my discs to the home menu with the help of my mac (no PC required)?
Yes :-) That's what I just did and it works !

The whole process is as follow :
1) wudump on your wiiu 2) wud2app on your Mac 3) wupinstall on your wiiu

It can take a lot of time, especially if your SD is not in good health.

Last edited by Romain,

Romain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Speeking about that, it took 10+ hours : my SD card is probably half-dead after several game installs (most of them downloaded from CDNs and not dumped even though I owned the discs).

Do someone know if it is possible to repair ? I should probably try to re-reformat.

Read speed is normal, but write speed looks at least 10x too slow !

Last edited by Romain,

Phisherman81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes :-) That's what I just did and it works !

The whole process is as follow :
1) wudump on your wiiu 2) wud2app on your Mac 3) wupinstall on your wiiu

That's ok as far as time. I'm so psyched to have all my discs installed as channels!!

Thank you devs for your work.

Phisherman81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've tried a hundred thousand ways to get wud2app to run on my Mac to merge my ripped copy of NintendoLand, but no matter what combination I try, Terminal tells me:

-bash: wud2app: command not found

If anyone could help with a quick tip they know, I'd appreciate it. I've used terminal a bunch in the past, but not recently so I may be forgetting something. I copied wud2app in every folder of the directory and was running terminal from the folder that the wudump folder is in... I think I'll step away for a few hours and think about it. I'm sure its me doing/not doing something.

kshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

First off, thank you FIX94 for releasing this.

I am running wudump v1.5. I am trying to dump Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze to my FAT32 HDD. After inserting the disc, I see the message "Inserted WUP-P-ARKE" but there is no progress bar or anything else. Is this normal or is it possible the dump did not actually begin? It does not sound like the HDD is writing any data (after putting my ear up to it).

Thanks for any help.

*EDIT* I think I solved my own issue. The Wii U eventually shut down on its own with no change in progress. I realized the HDD was "hidden" with Ustealth on my first attempt. After disabling the "hidden" status the dump process started as usual.

Last edited by kshank,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My copy is USA - I should have specified that before.
I assumed that yours was USA from your profile flag. The number I gave is USA also. It's the one that's printed on the bottom of the disc at the center before the start of the data area. It's hard to see, but it's the best indicator that you're comparing apples to apples when you're looking to identify a systemic issue. If my disc and yours don't match, we can't draw any conclusions.

Chances are, you just have an imperfection in the disc that's in the 20GB of disc that isn't part of the game. Unfortunately, with the way that wudump is written, if you have one error that the drive itself doesn't recover from, you're done.

kshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assumed that yours was USA from your profile flag. The number I gave is USA also. It's the one that's printed on the bottom of the disc at the center before the start of the data area. It's hard to see, but it's the best indicator that you're comparing apples to apples when you're looking to identify a systemic issue. If my disc and yours don't match, we can't draw any conclusions.

Chances are, you just have an imperfection in the disc that's in the 20GB of disc that isn't part of the game. Unfortunately, with the way that wudump is written, if you have one error that the drive itself doesn't recover from, you're done.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. The game plays fine from the disc. wudump just does not like it. I am having the same issue with Wind Waker HD (except it hangs at 9%).

I was able to dump many other titles though.

Reactions: nexusmtz

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An easier windows script:
Code:
copy /b "game_part*.wud" "game.wud"
Unless you're copying the files to your hard drive first, that can't work. Since wudump writes to a FAT32 volume, if the FAT32 source is the current directory, the destination can't be the same directory due to the 4GB limit.

Also, globbing doesn't give you a reliable order across all devices and circumstances. As was discussed previously, my test of files from a thumb drive came through in alphabetical order, which meant I got part1, then part10. If someone isn't paying attention, they'll think there's something wrong with the dump, when the error was actually in the concatenation.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you're copying the files to your hard drive first, that can't work. Since wudump writes to a FAT32 volume, if the FAT32 source is the current directory, the destination can't be the same directory due to the 4GB limit.

Also, globbing doesn't give you a reliable order across all devices and circumstances. As was discussed previously, my test of files from a thumb drive came through in alphabetical order, which meant I got part1, then part10. If someone isn't paying attention, they'll think there's something wrong with the dump, when the error was actually in the concatenation.
Yes, ordering depends on filesystem driver.
In my script I use absolute path for destination - NTFS volume.
Most programs usually name parts with leading 0.

Edizius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Will there ever be a combination from wudump,(wud2app) and wupinstaller in 1 homebrew? I mean a "disc2app"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1