Hacking .wud to .iso ?

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi, I want to convert wud file into iso file so I can transfer it to usb fat32 hdd with WBFS Manager so I can load the game with WUP Installer.

I have Haxchi installed, and Homebrew running. Version 5.5.2E.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I want to convert wud file into iso file so I can transfer it to usb fat32 hdd with WBFS Manager so I can load the game with WUP Installer.

I have Haxchi installed, and Homebrew running. Version 5.5.2E.
That's not how it works. There are so many things wrong with this post.
1. WUDs are raw disc dumps, just like ISO. It's just the file extension chosen for Wii U dumps, it has no significance.
2. WBFS Manager AFAIK only works with WBFS formatted drives. You need to use Wii Backup Manager for FAT32 drives.
3. WBFS is for Wii games, not Wii U games. WUPInstaller can't read them.
4. WUPInstaller can't install ISOs, the games have to be converted to .app format, this can be done with nuspacker but it's a bit of a hassle, even if it takes a while it's probably better to download the games in the original .app format with an app like Wii U USB Helper.
5. WUPInstaller can't install games from USB drives anyway.

Bottom line, a 32GB+ SD card is almost required for using WUPInstaller, as some games can be over 20GB in size, and WUPInstaller will only install from the SD card. There is a workaround to this (Mocha FAT32 HDD as SD card beta -> Install games from FAT32 USB HDD to internal memory -> Reboot and move games to Wii U formatted HDD) but you need a 32GB Wii U with lots of free space.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
1. WUDs are raw disc dumps, just like ISO. It's just the file extension chosen for Wii U dumps, it has no significance.
2. WBFS Manager AFAIK only works with WBFS formatted drives. You need to use Wii Backup Manager for FAT32 drives.
4. WUPInstaller can't install ISOs, the games have to be converted to .app format, this can be done with nuspacker but it's a bit of a hassle, even if it takes a while it's probably better to download the games in the original .app format with an app like Wii U USB Helper.

Bottom line, a 32GB+ SD card is almost required for using WUPInstaller, as some games can be over 20GB in size, and WUPInstaller will only install from the SD card. There is a workaround to this (Mocha FAT32 HDD as SD card beta -> Install games from FAT32 USB HDD to internal memory -> Reboot and move games to Wii U formatted HDD) but you need a 32GB Wii U with lots of free space.
ur right except for the claim that you said that wupinstaller can't install from USB. You can actually use Mocha FAT32 mod to install from files in a USB device but you can only install to nand. Useful for ppl who don't have a high capacity SD card and have a black Wii U console which has 32GB on nand. If you have a white Wii U a 4GB sd card, a really common one, can fit most of the games you even will able to put on nand.

Reactions: xraven13

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ur right except for the claim that you said that wupinstaller can't install from USB. You can actually use Mocha FAT32 mod to install from files in a USB device but you can only install to nand. Useful for ppl who don't have a high capacity SD card and have a black Wii U console which has 32GB on nand. If you have a white Wii U a 4GB sd card, a really common one, can fit most of the games you even will able to put on nand.
I already mentioned that in the post. ;)

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thanks, this saved me a lot of time. Okay so I have 32 GB SD card, and external USB HDD with 500 GB free space. To what format I need to format the external hard drive in order to be able to install Wii U games on it? What does the "Wii U Formatted" really means? I am gonna use Wii U USB Helper because it makes everything so much easier. I just need to buy SD card reader because Wii U USB Helper is on my desktop computer.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks, this saved me a lot of time. Okay so I have 32 GB SD card, and external USB HDD with 500 GB free space. To what format I need to format the external hard drive in order to be able to install Wii U games on it? What does the "Wii U Formatted" really means? I am gonna use Wii U USB Helper because it makes everything so much easier. I just need to buy SD card reader because Wii U USB Helper is on my desktop computer.
You need to let the Wii U format the drive, as it uses a custom file system called WFS.

Reactions: xraven13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs