Hacking WTF!!?? my 3ds xl is bricked Help meee

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rxtools is a buggy pile of code. Uses outdated native firmware file, and is known to be the worse CFW option since the release of cakes, reinand, and aurei/luma3ds. I've never had any bricking issues with any of those. I don't even trust rxtools and I used it for the longest time before switching to rei and then luma. Rxtools is most likely the reason for the brick.
Im sorry... but while rxTools IS outdated garbage at this point...
I MORE THAN HIGHLY doubt its caused a brick. Ive never heard of it bricking systems in the past.
Advise OP to update, sure. But dont act like rxTools is a brick maker.
Thats not really fair or accurate AT ALL.

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
I MORE THAN HIGHLY doubt its caused a brick. Ive never heard of it bricking systems in the past.
I agree. Rxtools as one of the leaders in the CFW scene. show some respect.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. Rxtools as one of the leaders in the CFW scene. show some respect.
Lets not act like it isnt dead though...
It IS still outdated garbage at this point. Anyone using it should upgrade. But not because of fear mongering like the post claiming it has or will cause bricks.. cause that just isnt true.

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
Lets not act like it isnt dead though...
It IS still outdated garbage at this point. Anyone using it should upgrade. But not because of fear mongering like the post claiming it has or will cause bricks.. cause that just isnt true.
FYI: Rxtools is not dead the source was donated and is probably being used by what you would call updated CFWs

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: Rxtools is not dead the source was donated and is probably being used by what you would call updated CFWs
Its STILL dead, regardless if its code is being utilized by newer CFWs. Luma, Cakes, Reinand.. all active compared to rxTools. Its no longer being developed. It ISSSSSS DEAD. Just cause it WAS alive and the best at one time doesnt mean shit today or tomorrow.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, try to run luma on a 4.5 3ds then tell rxtools is dead
Why on earth would I want to do that?
If you have to revert your system to a point to where it cant even play most games.. just to utilize a particular CFW.. that CFW is DEAD. Your arguments kind of stupid.

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

This is a link to Plaitect's guide to upgrading a 3ds between 4.0-9.0. It requires the use of Rxtools. To say something is outdated means that it has no essential use to current users. I am not against the use of luma or any of the newer CFWs but it is incorrect to say that Rxtools has been outdated. Plus it is not garbage otherwise all of the current cfws using its code are also garbage from a historical standpoint.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I understand that some of you are coming from the standpoint starting with a 10.x FW system so you don't see how important RXtools was in the scene then and now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe we can get back to the topic of helping the guy with the bricked 3DS XL. Your comments on Rxtools are for another thread.

Reactions: samiam144

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
To say something is outdated means that it has no essential use to current users. I am not against the use of luma or any of the newer CFWs but it is incorrect to say that Rxtools has been outdated.
Well, with that logic Windows 98 is not outdated. I mean, without it I can't use my old IBM laptop, so it's still used and not outdated right?
(And for using it a while ago I perfectly understand that RXTools is not garbage, but that doesn't make it a reliable solution for users running the latest hacks available)

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,

Arceus922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can we please focus on the @ThoXE 's problem instead of fighting about cfw???... And we need more info of your system , sd card and what exactly you have done to help you!!!

Last edited by Arceus922,
Reactions: pbanj

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys , i'm in panic here , my 3ds xl turned off when i'm playing Hirule Warriors (
I left the game open in 3ds in rest mode for a while)
on RXtools , and now the screens turn on but in a second turn off again , and i dont know what to do , i tried recovery mode but its not working , and yes i have a sysNAND backup .
What do i do ?

Sorry for my english , i'm not fluent yet ;-;
Mine had an issue like this, oddly my solution was powering down the system, plugging it into the wall, taking the MicroSD card AND the game cart (Mine specifically was a DS Flash Cart) I had in the system out, and then holding the power button for 10 seconds.
Were you not running from the emuNAND or from a sysNAND with A9LH? That's just asking for trouble. :/ Were you just running a patched sysNAND with RXTools?

I don't use RXTools much so I can't give you specific help for it. However it is crazy how much shit people talk on RXTools, seeing as it laid a majority of the foundation for CFW, but that's a discussion for another thread.

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait... Just how many people are misinformed in this thread? rxTools might be primitive at this point but it certainly can't ever brick a console because it cant be cold booted.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... Just how many people are misinformed in this thread? rxTools might be primitive at this point but it certainly can't ever brick a console because it cant be cold booted.
With menuhax and Ctrboot you can get a coldboot.. if you dont count the colorful screens leading to it.
And yeah: rxTools = great in its day, but outdated at this point.
But as said already... this isnt really the place for that. Every opinion on it has been shared here already, unnecessarily.
I only posted to point out to anyone reading that his information about it causing bricks was wrong.
I didnt mean to start a debate here.

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hate to break it to you, but after I tried installing rxTools (followed the entire guide) it bricked my 3DS as well.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to break it to you, but after I tried installing rxTools (followed the entire guide) it bricked my 3DS as well.
Installing rxTools is as simple as putting it on your SD card.
Thats it. Theres nothing installed to your actual system.
If you were following a guide to install it, and caught a brick..
It was either you or that guides fault... not rxTools.
And if you mean Plailects guide - at no point are you advised to switch to rxTools to finish.
Even if you were, and got a brick from that somehow, youd still have decrypt to save you - so its not a brick.

Dont blame rxTools for your own undoing. rxTool bricks = user error.

Last edited by nickwhit,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.