Hacking WTF!!?? my 3ds xl is bricked Help meee

ThoXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys , i'm in panic here , my 3ds xl turned off when i'm playing Hirule Warriors (
I left the game open in 3ds in rest mode for a while)
on RXtools , and now the screens turn on but in a second turn off again , and i dont know what to do , i tried recovery mode but its not working , and yes i have a sysNAND backup .
What do i do ?

Sorry for my english , i'm not fluent yet ;-;

*VVV*after some days past , and some replys ^^(tnks for that)
Thanks everyone for the suport ,im really glad , i will update a video of it ^^
things i have tried:
turn on with/without sd card
remove and replace the baterry
recovery mode

and yes , it Make popping sounds when it turns off .

finally , i'm sorry for the ''things'' that post did , i hope everything could be fine :J

Last edited by ThoXE,

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys , i'm in panic here , my 3ds xl turned off when i'm playing Hirule Warriors (
I left the game open in 3ds in rest mode for a while)
on RXtools , and now the screens turn on but in a second turn off again , and i dont know what to do , i tried recovery mode but its not working , and yes i have a sysNAND backup .
What do i do ?

Sorry for my english , i'm not fluent yet ;-;
Urm, try taking out the sd card and booting.

ThoXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can pay the two people I mentioned to do it or you can open up your 3ds solder some wires break up a Microsoft card reader and get a supported we card reader.
Im from brazil , but thank you very much for the help , im really glad , ^^

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a way to reliably reflash your NAND backup? Does the 3DS stay on while you go through the menus and stuff? If so, try that.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, stop looking into hard mods. It hasn't yet been established that this is necessary. You said that when you boot with the SD card inserted it powers itself off, correct? If so and you are a A9LH user, this is a symptom of A9LH not being able to find the payload on the SD card. You should put your SD card in your computer and check the card is readable and the payload is there.

If you're not a A9LH user then this sounds more like a hardware fault than a NAND issue.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
This is the ten thousanth timeI'm posting this
Cyan said:

Wait, stop looking into hard mods. It hasn't yet been established that this is necessary. You said that when you boot with the SD card inserted it powers itself off, correct? If so and you are a A9LH user, this is a symptom of A9LH not being able to find the payload on the SD card. You should put your SD card in your computer and check the card is readable and the payload is there.

If you're not a A9LH user then this sounds more like a hardware fault than a NAND issue.
Exactly. Download THIS FILE, extract it, and put the arm9loaderhax.bin from it onto the root of your SD Card. Also try switching SD Cards, because sometimes, if your 3DS SD Card slot/SD Card is broken, it may fail to be read properly.

Last edited by Salamencizer,

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it Make any popping sounds at all when it turns off, could be that a ribbon or the wireless card come loose!

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country

He is using rxTools, so I guess his console hasn't set up a9lh yet.
And I don't think there is a way our 3ds get bricked when playing a game. Maybe a battery issue? Or 3ds's nand/cpu/gpu is dead?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
He is using rxTools, so I guess his console hasn't set up a9lh yet.
And I don't think there is a way our 3ds get bricked when playing a game. Maybe a battery issue? Or 3ds's nand/cpu/gpu is dead?
It's possible the NAND could become corrupted if the console runs out of battery at the wrong moment. Unlikely, but possible. I haven't heard of it happening before, but sooner or later it's going to happen to someone.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's possible the NAND could become corrupted if the console runs out of battery at the wrong moment. Unlikely, but possible. I haven't heard of it happening before, but sooner or later it's going to happen to someone.
^ Sounds to me like that's what happened.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your problem is that you're using rxtools.
Well not quite, depending on what caused it, it could be any number of things. Especially since the battery ran out in sleep mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh wait it doesn't say it did.
Ah well, still any number of things.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well not quite, depending on what caused it, it could be any number of things. Especially since the battery ran out in sleep mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh wait it doesn't say it did.
Ah well, still any number of things.
Rxtools is a buggy pile of code. Uses outdated native firmware file, and is known to be the worse CFW option since the release of cakes, reinand, and aurei/luma3ds. I've never had any bricking issues with any of those. I don't even trust rxtools and I used it for the longest time before switching to rei and then luma. Rxtools is most likely the reason for the brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.