Hacking WTF Gateway Mode Crashes on Current FW

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno wtf is going on and is wrong with my 3DS and stupid maxconsole took away my posting abilities even though I've never posted there. Anyways so this morning I'm getting ready to go to Sakura-Con and wanted to link up with everybody. I can launch all my games by holding down select. I try to launch Gateway mode but I need to hold down L button or it bypasses, so I hold down L and it crashes. That's just the first sh**y part. Anyways I figure I might need to upgrade it to streetpass people at sakura-con. I go to the menu and realize that my system is automatically on GW mode no matter what. So I update it in GW mode, which turns out didn't matter because it updated it to the same FW it just doesn't have GW in it anymore. NOW WHEN I GO TO GATEWAY IT CRASHES IF I DON'T HOLD DOWN L, IF I DO HOLDOWN L WHEN I GO TO LAUNCH GW MODE IT CRASHES. Wtf did I do and what is happening?

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dunno wtf is going on and is wrong with my 3DS and stupid maxconsole took away my posting abilities even though I've never posted there. Anyways so this morning I'm getting ready to go to Sakura-Con and wanted to link up with everybody. I can launch all my games by holding down select. I try to launch Gateway mode but I need to hold down L button or it bypasses, so I hold down L and it crashes. That's just the first sh**y part. Anyways I figure I might need to upgrade it to streetpass people at sakura-con. I go to the menu and realize that my system is automatically on GW mode no matter what. So I update it in GW mode, which turns out didn't matter because it updated it to the same FW it just doesn't have GW in it anymore. NOW WHEN I GO TO GATEWAY IT CRASHES IF I DON'T HOLD DOWN L, IF I DO HOLDOWN L WHEN I GO TO LAUNCH GW MODE IT CRASHES. Wtf did I do and what is happening?

lol I can see why they banned you...

D

Deleted User

Current F/W isn't supported on Sysnand or Emunand (no GW on 9.6)

Assuming your sysnand actaully works and is below 9.2 - your emunand is damaged. If when you boot up and check system settings and it's above 9.2 - you're fucked and upgraded your sysnand.

If you're 9.2 or below, backup any saves, format your SD, and copy the launcher back to theSD. Boot to the GW menu and choose format emunand. It will then create emunand from your existing sysnand. You can update the emunand by any number of methods.

However 9.6 isn't supported on emunand. It sounds like you updated to 9.6 on emunand which will cause black screens.

You also didn't provide the model either.

D

Deleted User

No it's 8.4 I updated in in GW mode...

If your sysnand is truly 8.1 - and if you did manage to actually update emunand, you probably updated to 9.6 which is unsupported. Either restore from a backup or format your emunand.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
If your sysnand is truly 8.1 - and if you did manage to actually update emunand, you probably updated to 9.6 which is unsupported. Either restore from a backup or format your emunand.

I think this is the most likely issue, it will crash if on 9.6 which is unsupported, did you back up your emuNAND with emuNAND tool?

D

Deleted User

If Gateway actually updated their website telling folks to not update their emuNANDS do you think this tragedy could have been avoided?

Nope!

Look at when they said "Don't update to 9.3 you can't use GW" - then go back and look at the sheer number of threads that continue to be made about when/if GW supports 9.3 or "I updated to 9.4 why doesn't GW work"

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope!

Look at when they said "Don't update to 9.3 you can't use GW" - then go back and look at the sheer number of threads that continue to be made about when/if GW supports 9.3 or "I updated to 9.4 why doesn't GW work"

You seem to be getting emunand and sysnand confused

In earlier gw beta's updating emunand to 9.5 was not supported. Currently updating your emunand to 9.6 is NOT supported.

Keep your system nand version 9.2 or below, and you will have to format emunand again...

You CANNOT update emunand to 9.6

D

Deleted User

My versions are fine.

Sysnand is 9.2 and below. If you go back a few months when GW made their announcement not to update sysnand to 9.3 - people still did. Even to this day there's threads about if GW is supported on 9.3+

Emunand as stated in my first post is not supported on 9.6,

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My versions are fine.

Sysnand is 9.2 and below. If you go back a few months when GW made their announcement not to update sysnand to 9.3 - people still did. Even to this day there's threads about if GW is supported on 9.3+

Emunand as stated in my first post is not supported on 9.6,

I didn't mean to quote you, I had thought you were OP.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHA awesome commercial Comic-Con and Sakura-Con back to back is like a rave with hot sexy nerds and not-so-hawt-sexy-nerds it was a f*ckin blast. Anyways I just restored emunand and I'm. I forgot to even grab my 3DS to streetpass although I don't know if it would have worked on lower FW. Check out my FB or my fiance's tumblr if you wanna check out some sexah beast cosplay. I love even where chicks can wear a piece of tape as a "costume". How were your guys weekends? =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1