writing a love letter

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly try as hard as the heavens allow it to not put down cliches.
Secondly, try to start off that letter by saying exactly how you feel.
(Although, this doesn't much sound like a love letter as oppose to a letter of expression).
Don't pussy foot around that subject.
Also, add niceties (i.e. you make me feel wonderful, etc.).
Hope all goes well.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ok, well...

this is pretty embarassing but you guys will never see my face or anything so i'm just gon go ahead n ask for help.

kingeightsix sound similar?
unsure.gif

you from these site:

m3-forum.com

emulator-zone.com

modchipman.com forum

DCEmu Forums

Pocket Emulation Discussion Boards

and gbatemp.net
wink2.gif

i think i know what you look like?.....

Love and Passion it all you need to know..

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
If you need to ask us how to write a love letter you're on the wrong track. A letter about love comes from the source of the love only. You. Otherwise what's the point?

Write how you write, because that's who you are.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
well, Im currently in the process of writing my girlfriend a really long letter for her to read during her flight back to japan..
I havent really run into any problems, just making sure my handwriting is easy for her to understand.

just write what you feel, its really that simple
although, I would strongly advise writing it out on the computer first so it all makes sense and youve constructed it nicely

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Start writing down how you feel, when you feel it. Even if it's just a thought that doesn't fill a whole sentence.
Collect all the loose thoughts and throw out the duplicates.
With what's left, compose a rough draft of the letter.
You shouldn't worry too much about being eloquent, writing the way you talk is fine. I think the message in a bottle is a nice romantic idea that will cancel out your lack of writing skills.
All the same, if you post it first or pm it to me, I can help you polish it.
Be warned though, the Cyrano stuff doesn't work, if someone dresses it up too much, she'll see through it, sooner or later.

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo, letters are only good if you are writing a song, or the woman is going to be far away/on a trip.

I think a nice dinner, that you made at your house, and then just talk to her.
tell her what you feel, and also tell her you tried to write a letter but it came out all wrong.

The only thing you should be worried about is if she feels the same way or not. Don't worry too much about the way it comes out.

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wow, thanks dudes! some great responses =] i guess i'll just start working at it, then... doesn't sound like i should be holding back, now.

Also, add niceties (i.e. you make me feel wonderful, etc.).
thanks, i'll add lots of those

kingeightsix sound similar?
yeah, i'm a forum whore... but you won't see much of me if i'm off house arrest =]

If you need to ask us how to write a love letter you're on the wrong track.
i'm not asking really how just looking for some tips... as i can't express myself very well to the opposite sex.
i'm also looking for a way to learn a new font because i usually just write in small 3 mm capitals... doesn't look too appealing to girls...

although, I would strongly advise writing it out on the computer first so it all makes sense and youve constructed it nicely
i was thinking if i started writing it on paper first, i could train my hands to write neater than usual but i guess making sure it makes sense is more important than how it looks. thanks!

Start writing down how you feel, when you feel it. Even if it's just a thought that doesn't fill a whole sentence.
Collect all the loose thoughts and throw out the duplicates.
With what's left, compose a rough draft of the letter.
You shouldn't worry too much about being eloquent, writing the way you talk is fine. I think the message in a bottle is a nice romantic idea that will cancel out your lack of writing skills.
All the same, if you post it first or pm it to me, I can help you polish it.
Be warned though, the Cyrano stuff doesn't work, if someone dresses it up too much, she'll see through it, sooner or later.
this was EXTREMELY useful! i don't know what 'Cyrano' is, though...

imo, letters are only good if you are writing a song, or the woman is going to be far away/on a trip.

I think a nice dinner, that you made at your house, and then just talk to her.
well, she's about 2 hours drive away from me & i'm actually on house arrest... she doesn't have a car so i couldn't ask her to come over for dinner... even if i did, i'm not sure that it's practical because this isn't my own place. i was thinking about asking her OUT to dinner when i get off house arrest but the problem is; guys already ask her out to dinner and i just didn't want to be another one of those guys.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could help you - I expert on Love and Passion..

But frist you need tell me what she like? and abit about you..
(you gbatemp can fill in these - but i not write for everyone)

*About her

1.Have she every get tolds off from her parents these days? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
2.Do she used the F words alot or other bad words? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
3.Do she say "cute" or "sweet" often? _ _ _ _ _ _ _
4.Is she talk alot about her problem of her feeling? _ _ _ _ _ _ _
5.Is she go out alot hang around with her friends and come home late night? _ _ _ _ _ _
6.Dose she work (part time or full time) or study? _ _ _ _ _
7.Have you seen her cry? _ _ _ _ _ _
8.Dose she read books more or less?
9.Dose she spend time on the internet more or less? _ _ _ _ _
10. Dose she go out eat more then home?_ _ _ _ _ _

*About you

1.How much do you often do you see her (in life not web-cam)once a day, everyday, weekend, etc?_ _ _ _ _ _
2.Do you know what her very favorite things? _ _ _ _ _
3.Do you think about her everydays and even at work or studying? few, sometime, all-time. _ _ _ _ _ _ _
4.Have you every make phone calls and spend over hours talking? _ _ _ _ _
5.How did you first know her name?

a) did you got it from someone a friends,etc.
b) did she told you?
c) she worte it down or type on the computer (msn,yahoo, etc)
d) you just heard someone called her name.
e) you found out from your personal search.
f) other.... _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

6.Have you ever thought of kissing her for real? _ _ _ _ _ _
7.How long have you been with her?_ _ _ _ _
8.Do you sleep late and dream about her onec or more?_ _ _ _
9.Only one reason what make you like her? _ _ _ _ _ _
10.And have you any planning to do with her next? _ _ _ _ _ _ _

*extra only non-marry) Have you seen her parents or have she seen your parents and have they spoked to you or her? _ _ _ _ _ /_ _ _ _ _

*Put a,b,c in these line from 1 to 3 which you think and feels "Most important to you"

a) Love.
b) Family.
c) Money.

1._ _ _ _ _ _ _ (Very important)

2._ _ _ _ _ _ _ (important)

3._ _ _ _ _ _ _ (less important)

kingeightsix
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You already told me she 1 year older then you, it make no different for us (in our new generation) but it
make a different went your parents moods about in thier generation kids marry to a older women, etc...
have your parents seen her before or spoke to her?

(this ture not all parents like this but most in eastern people do)

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you need to ask us how to write a love letter you're on the wrong track. A letter about love comes from the source of the love only. You. Otherwise what's the point?

Write how you write, because that's who you are.

agree...

if you can't write a letter, just show how much you care about her and be in touch
she'll know that you helpful for her.... and remember give her room for her own, don't over do things step onec at a time and make some history of love memorys.

Fondue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, Im currently in the process of writing my girlfriend a really long letter for her to read during her flight back to japan..
I havent really run into any problems, just making sure my handwriting is easy for her to understand.

just write what you feel, its really that simple

I do not think that this is a good idea. (Note: I do not know your circumstances, relationship level, etc. Just read what I have to say. If it compares with what you are going through, rethink it. If not, ignore me.)

First off, my semi-qualifications for thinking this way: I am a MALE who was on the receiving end of one of these letters from a female. Edit: Forgot to say it was from a Japanese girl while I was leaving Japan.

Why these letters suck:

1. You are already sad because you are leaving a loved one behind. Reading a letter while you are leaving is a *big* suck. Sure, it is thoughtful, etc. But seriously, you are already pretty torn up about leaving, add to that an emotional letter and things really suck. Not to mention you are on an airplane full of strangers. (So if one were actually looking for that shoulder to cry on, it is not there. Not to mention that the shoulder you are crying over is not there to cry on.) I am not trying to be "studly" or anything, but I am not the "cry on someone's shoulder" type, so I am kind of making this part up. However, I was sad, and I kept it nice and bottled on the inside, right where it should be.
tongue.gif

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@ fondue

you may be right... i think i'll just try the slow dance & if that won't get me anywhere... i'll just smack her in the face... with the letter.

thanks!!!

nunofgs

Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
Don't take this as a joke because it's not... at the end of the letter, write:

PS: I think you're really really hot
smile.gif

Women like men to be a little forward... not too much, but just enough to put a smile on her face.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just tell her that you enjoy her friendship but you want to see if it can be anything more because of the feelings that you're starting to get for her. Then ask her out
wink.gif
- that way it shows that you're really interested in her (but you're not that desperate... even if you are;))

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Asking the internets for love advice is a bad move.

Thats the only good advice I can give you; I'm with Opium on this one.

Fondue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do not think there is any problem with asking "internet people" for advice. I am not sure what type of "internet people" groups that they belong to, but there are actually people online who know what they are talking about.

Even asking here is not a particularly bad move. Same demographics as you, which means people of dating age, and these particular people are here for something other than dating. It is almost like a randomized double-blind experiment. You *could* go to a dating website, but then you get a bunch of people who are there for the sole purpose of getting/giving dating advice. (Which actually makes the advice worse.) Oh, and I forgot to mention the fact that a lot of people here are probably similar to you in interests, etc. Meaning that you can learn from their dating attempts because there is a good chance they are similar to you in some way. (Interest in electronics, games, etc. I mean, you found this place for a reason, right?) Or, you could go ask Brad Pitt for advice. ...oh wait, he is the sexiest man in the world (OR was, or something, not entirely sure.) but he is not going to give you good advice because he has women swooning all over him. How many letters did that guy have to write to get a woman to notice him? Probably not a damn one.

Bottom line, asking here was not a bad choice.

Fondue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, and I do agree with Opium about the whole "You cannot ask anyone what to write in your love letter thing."

I was debating more on the whether or not you should even write a letter. But if you do go with the letter route, *definitely* do not ask anyone else what to write. Women know whether or not it was you who wrote it, or someone else. That is the sixth sense of women. While they are happy that they actually received a letter (If it is delivered perferctly.) they will still quietly rip it apart piece by piece, trying to find the hidden meaning, and trying to find whether or not it is genuine.

Oh, and genuine *does not equal* asking other people what to write.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should write a threat-mantic letter. Write about how her she's prettier then your mom and then add in "If you ever want to see your parents again..." and then hit the something like "Gooey gooey gooey lovey love".

edgeblade69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice job Jumpan, get the dude even more in trouble with the law.
tongue.gif

How well do you know this girl king? I'm talking in terms of years known, average time spent together (i.e. 3 days a week, etc.) before your house arrest, etc.

In my experience, letters while nice and romantic in tradition and classic movies are not really appreciated in real life. From what I've seen/been told, women prefer more direct communication (i.e. face to face talking). I guess they are able to tell if you're being genuine or not.

I also agree with Opium that any kind of letter has to come from the heart, so while you can ask for general advice, I wouldn't use specific advice (i.e. exact verbage and the like).

But what do I know? I don't have a lot of experience in the relationship department...

I've been in similar type situations before (well never under house arrest but still) and I'm not good at talking to women myself. I'm always seen as the friend/brother type. I guess women want you to be more direct with your feelings/intentions soon after meeting you else they will default to thinking of you as a friend only (and I'm living proof that it is quite difficult, perhaps near impossible, to go from just friends to a relationship).

Just go with what you feel is right. You said she doesn't have a car and you obviously can't leave. Why not offer to have a cab/limo/etc. bring her to your house (if you get approval of whomever you're living with since you mentioned it wasn't your place)? That's assuming you can afford that anyways (I dunno if you can or not).

Best of luck man, women are a mystery. The main reason (IMO) why a lot of guys have crappy luck with women (myself included) is that the women themselves don't even know what they want yet they expect us to know. Go figure eh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs