Hacking wow! SKY3DS breakthrough 10 game limit, which means you can play any games?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, ejecting the card while cycling games is not recommended.
I made an assumption that the "current game" to display and launch is stored on the SD card's boot sector. we just need to verify if that's correct and if it can be set manually. in that case, editing the game on PC or creating a 3DS homebrew to edit the "game to display" could be created.
it's only a possibility, I don't know how the card really work.
That could be tested by using two SD cards with the same games. Change the game on one, eject and then insert the other one.

wikili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, i also find a blog French who devoted to sky3ds~;) http://sky3dsfr.unblog.fr/
French ? A big part of my family is in France, and I can say this blog as so many wrongs sentences and words than it look like a "google translated" fake french site. I doubt french-speaking people will want to read such texts ^^'

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
from what I see... they didn't put the 10 game limit, it seems that they can't get past that or the hardware can't.. without relaying on the eject bug.

if they can really can get past that, they just have to update the cart and software and no need to use the eject thing

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, ejecting the card while cycling games is not recommended.
I made an assumption that the "current game" to display and launch is stored on the SD card's boot sector. we just need to verify if that's correct and if it can be set manually. in that case, editing the game on PC or creating a 3DS homebrew to edit the "game to display" could be created.
it's only a possibility, I don't know how the card really work.

A .csv file stored on the flash chip to verify the games comes to mind, anybody every think that the verification could be stored on the cards flash chip and the chip can only hold a max amount of space, making it physically impossible to let the card read anymore games without corrupting an SD card

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A .csv file stored on the flash chip to verify the games comes to mind, anybody every think that the verification could be stored on the cards flash chip and the chip can only hold a max amount of space, making it physically impossible to let the card read anymore games without corrupting an SD card
However, those same people also stated that even if its not possible with the particular chip used in SKY3DS, there are alternatives available on the market for a low enough price that can be overwritten. (And its not confirmed that the current card can't be overwritten at all.)

On top of that, I've yet to see a definitive confirmation how it is that SKY3DS manages to 'fool' the system into thinking that its a real card. So there's that aswell.

Reactions: Margen67

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there's lots behind this card that's for sure.
The chip that is used could very well be re-writable but maybe only by wiping the flash chip and starting a new but in the process saves could possibly not work again after erasing the flash chip.
I don't have a 3DS so I wouldn't know, I can only provide theories on how it may work from what knowledge I read that the company and public state.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea, thats a reasonably fair guess - though, if I were to be honest.

Getting 10 slots, and a clean slate possibility is still preferable to 10 slots period.
I mean, you play your 10 selected games untill you're done with them and then you move on to 10 new games.
In general, there aren't a hell of a lot of games worth "keeping around" - and in those particular cases you may well be better off investing in the actual game.
Though thats just my personal opinion.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can anyone confirm at all, because the cart works like a real 3DS cart, would i be able to get Eshop DLC, install it to the system, and run the DLC from system, with the game off the cart, like a real game would?

anyone willing to test?

made a account just to ask. i already got the card, but its a big factor on what games i throw on it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
can anyone confirm at all, because the cart works like a real 3DS cart, would i be able to get Eshop DLC, install it to the system, and run the DLC from system, with the game off the cart, like a real game would?

anyone willing to test?

made a account just to ask. i already got the card, but its a big factor on what games i throw on it.
should work exactly like an original cartand dlc etc should work fine if you buy it

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i already have the sky3ds cart, i'm asking for confirmation before i throw games DLC on like fantasy life, where the DLC is the better half of the game.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
French ? A big part of my family is in France, and I can say this blog as so many wrongs sentences and words than it look like a "google translated" fake french site. I doubt french-speaking people will want to read such texts ^^'

As French... either it is a bad Google translated work or... very bad education from school :P because it is hardly written in "french" lol

Spurdo Spärde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Code:
 i got this email from the sky3ds team :DDDDDDDD
hope they are not lying :DDDDDD

fug sky3ds and their greedy 10 games limitation :DDDDDDD am i right people? :DDDDDDD

mhszock.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s