CodyMitchel2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go to any movie that is praised (like IT for example) the reviews are written by obvious trolls who give the movie low ratings in their reviews. The fucking opposite occurs with bad movies like The Emoji Movie where the user review page is spammed with 10/10 reviews. Seriously, just shut this piece of shit website down and put it out of it's misery, already! They got rid of the message boards and that's probably why good films are being trolled with negative reviews and bad films are being trolled with positive reviews. Seriously their reviews are untrustworthy as fuck! They even attacked good games like Animal Crossing: New Life and Conker's Bad Fur Day. Just fucking kill "Ignorant Moviegores' Dumbass Bitching", already!

Last edited by CodyMitchel2,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before the edit you said "Sarcasm" so I don't know if you're serious. I mean, ignore it. I never go to their message boards, I mostly don't give my ratings, and those themselves vary between justified and not. I feel like new movies with lots of praise get the high ratings the first few months of release, then it generally goes down so that the hype is gone and things stabilize. Rotten Tomatoes is more stable in that, I don't think there are many occasions where the rating changes dramatically. Like Batman vs. Superman, it hasn't gone up to say 60%.

Watching some low budget movies, I'm used to ratings not really dictating the quality of a movie. I will say a large part of the IMDB top 250 is legit, that's probably the only thing I take slightly seriously.

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God, the internet sure makes people fucking dumb, anymore!

Seriously places like Toys R Us file bankruptcy but shitty websites like IMDb get to stick around? What is life, anymore?!

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?????

Toys R Us ran out of money, IMDb hasn't
I know that's a business, a retail business nonetheless. But I would be very happy if the either shut down IMDb or retooled it and removed the user reviews, just like they did with the message boards, last February. The reviews are not honest, its just trolling and bitching and nothing else! Don't even get me started on the IMDb page for the Yo-Kai Watch anime!

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMDB is successful because it is THE site to find movie information. Ratings are an afterthought.

I totally forgot, the trivia section is awesome. Depends on the movie, but there's loads of trivia in some big movies, that make them better in my eyes, or explain the shit factor more. Perfect example, Super Mario Bros, thought it was mediocre, trivia really informed me how it was shit even before production started.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've never once before read a review on IMDB. I just look at the average score to have a good chance of the movie being watchable or not. I went to the Emoji Movie and saw some of the review there, that's funny! "Greatest movie of our time". If I was annoyed by it, I would question myself why I couldn't let something so small just go... but if I couldn't I'd just stop going to the site. Problem solved.

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally forgot, the trivia section is awesome. Depends on the movie, but there's loads of trivia in some big movies, that make them better in my eyes, or explain the shit factor more. Perfect example, Super Mario Bros, thought it was mediocre, trivia really informed me how it was shit even before production started.
They don't necessarily need to shut down the website, but they must remove the user reviews! Keep the ones that people mostly agree with and discontinue any newer user reviews. If they can do away with the message boards, then they can do away with the user reviews as well and nothing of value would be lost!

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never once before read a review on IMDB. I just look at the average score to have a good chance of the movie being watchable or not. I went to the Emoji Movie and saw some of the review there, that's funny! "Greatest movie of our time". If I was annoyed by it, I would question myself why I couldn't let something so small just go... but if I couldn't I'd just stop going to the site. Problem solved.

Recent example for me is the first user review I glanced at for Neo Yokio is 2 out of 10 stars, or 4, something really low. I didn't read the review, just the star rating, and the average rating overall was 5.8/10, last I checked. Didn't turn me off from the show, I enjoyed it, thought it was solid. I wish they did the .5, because I'd give that show 7.5 or 8, anything else is too low or too high. I mean, the user reviews are a form of expressing one's opinion. Let it go, even if it's trolling, harmless.

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recent example for me is the first user review I glanced at for Neo Yokio is 2 out of 10 stars, or 4, something really low. I didn't read the review, just the star rating, and the average rating overall was 5.8/10, last I checked. Didn't turn me off from the show, I enjoyed it, thought it was solid. I wish they did the .5, because I'd give that show 7.5 or 8, anything else is too low or too high. I mean, the user reviews are a form of expressing one's opinion. Let it go, even if it's trolling, harmless.
I really think the user reviews (not all of them, but most) are not opinions on IMDb but blatant trolling. Now on places like RT and MC, the reviews sound more like opinions. The fact that RT has more positive reviews for both IT and Cult of Chucky than IMDb is saying something!

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like IMDB. Sometimes I like to see all the credits McLovin has accrued or the name of a certain actress/actor. Look at the situation like this: you probably have a favorite movie that someone doesn't like, but you're still going to like it, regardless of what they say, so check out whatever you're interested in and form your own opinion.

Reactions: RustInPeace

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like IMDB. Sometimes I like to see all the credits McLovin has accrued or the name of a certain actress/actor. Look at the situation like this: you probably have a favorite movie that someone doesn't like, but you're still going to like it, regardless of what they say, so check out whatever you're interested in and form your own opinion.
That's kinda hard with me. I have a bad history, when it comes to one's opinions with certain forms of media. All I'm trying to say is that IMDb is garbage now. It used to be a good website with trustworthy reviews. Those days are over! When something is praised, trolls go into a rage and just bash it for no reason! If something is bashed, then the trolls think it deserves love, when it doesn't. That's modern IMDb in a nutshell!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kinda hard with me. I have a bad history, when it comes to one's opinions with certain forms of media. All I'm trying to say is that IMDb is garbage now. It used to be a good website with trustworthy reviews. Those days are over!
You wouldn't happen to be an alt account of 03bgood, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm