gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
One is a fully featured PC (although it doesn't have a keyboard, touchpad, or a sufficient number of ports out of the box)

The other could be as its competitor but is crippled by its artificially limited and non-replaceable OS
I meant the looks, but that's true too

Sent from my cave of despair where I don't stalk Seriel

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok its more how it looks
it is really just the looks and i can not make Android look like ios because that is just a lot to do a once
Ok, but my point is that is it really worth paying hundreds of dollars just for an ui? Seriously? Go get an Android tablet with nougat on it, it has a great look to it and is easy to use plus you'll save yourself a lot of money. Or if you want to do gaming, go buy an Ultrabook or surface or something. You can probably get one for the same price of an ipad.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I want the iPad because I like the way apple looks and feels I like how I could swipe through the menus and open any app and it still works damn good. but I like how I can get my hands really dirty with Android so yea I'm kinda stuck deciding between the two everyone says get a Chromebook but there is a part of me that still wants to give Apple a chance and i don't know what to do
OP's mind is made up. No amount of common sense can deter those that still have the misguided view that Apple are premium products.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP's mind is made up. No amount of common sense can deter those that still have the misguided view that Apple are premium products.
actually no i looked at the surface and its an expensive piece of crap ,iPad is out of the question ,so i will opt with a Chromebook my acer c270 has served me well for nearly 5 years now so hopefully whatever Chromebook i buy will serve me well for 5 more and with google play on the rise i will make sure that i get a good chromebook.

D

Deleted-379826

actually no i looked at the surface and its an expensive piece of crap ,iPad is out of the question ,so i will opt with a Chromebook my acer c270 has served me well for nearly 5 years now so hopefully whatever Chromebook i buy will serve me well for 5 more and with google play on the rise i will make sure that i get a good chromebook.
Don't get a chromebook either. It's so restricted.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here:
lighning-to-usb-camera-adapter-2-608x397.png

And here:
61BJ%2BI2a3IL._SX522_.jpg

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get a chromebook either. It's so restricted.
the google play i love android too, what do you expect me to do really the are both CRAZY expensive you guys are saying that the ipad has a jacked up prices just because of storage which is not true the surface also has a jacked up price for a larger ssd so i Chromebook is cheap and the storage is upgrade-able ram can be a little lacking on some models but it honestly depends on which one i get

D

Deleted-379826

the google play i love android too, what do you expect me to do really the are both CRAZY expensive you guys are saying that the ipad has a jacked up prices just because of storage which is not true the surface also has a jacked up price for a larger ssd so i Chromebook is cheap and the storage is upgrade-able ram can be a little lacking on some models but it honestly depends on which one i get
We're not saying get only a surface. And there certainly are much cheaper options that run Windows. Plus, any windows PC can run android stuff that I don't see you needing. So no, there are really cheap things that aren't crazy expensive, can run android stuff and are better than a chromebook.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're not saying get only a surface. And there certainly are much cheaper options that run Windows. Plus, any windows PC can run android stuff that I don't see you needing. So no, there are really cheap things that aren't crazy expensive, can run android stuff and are better than a chromebook.
well then what do recommend

D

Deleted User

Surface is expensive because:
  1. It comes with a top notch intel CPU [Varies from i3 to i7]
  2. Dedicated GPU [NVidia etc.]
  3. 100% accurate pen
  4. Has large storage
  5. Includes Office 365

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the Ipad Pro 9.7 and to be honest, it is only good for media consumption (And does it very well. Great 4 speaker audio and one of the highest display qualities - according to displaymate - even though its not amoled).
For serious stuff however, it is utterly useless in my opinion but for some quick gaming, video's music, its just fine. (If you want to do more serious stuff and want an apple product, I recommend to pay a bit more $$$ and get a MacBook instead (which can also run windows if you wish)

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Ipad Pro 9.7 and to be honest, it is only good for media consumption (And does it very well. Great 4 speaker audio and one of the highest display qualities - according to displaymate - even though its not amoled).
For serious stuff however, it is utterly useless in my opinion but for some quick gaming, video's music, its just fine. (If you want to do more serious stuff and want an apple product, I recommend to pay a bit more $$$ and get a MacBook instead (which can also run windows if you wish)
MACbook NO no\

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This. The price isn't nearly as jacked up as an iPad.

I'm not too good at recommendations, so I'll leave it to others.
how about a google chrome pixel 1 or 2 how about that

Reactions: Deleted-379826

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Owned an iPad 32GB, it was great! (WiFi and 3G)
Owned an iPad 2 32GB (WiFi and 3G)
Still use the iPad 2 once and awhile, but it's to outdated
I have not bought another tablet since then

Owned an iPhone 8Gb, it was ok, i could phone ppl with it ;)
I owned a few Android phones after that and still loving htem
I now own a Motorola Moto G4, i do everything for work on it, ok it's small, but its portable and does everything i want (for now)

Don't know but i kinda got a dislike for any tablets.

But anyway, i would have no problem filling the 512Gb iPad Pro ;)

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pixel is nice, but that is only a phone. The price is pretty darn high, too. Why not get a laptop?
I guess what ultimately depends whether he should get a full windows laptop or an Android tablet would be what he needs to do and if he wants to do gaming. Also there's always the Nvidia shield tablet as a compromise somewhat in between.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1