Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not. I already spent my money on a PSP,and if I try to get a 3DS,my Dad may get kinda mad,buying every single new thing that comes out,and all.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No.

My personal rule for buying systems that I'm interested in is that there must be 10 games I really want before investing. In the case of something like the 3DS, the technology and the games that showcase it both have to be excellent. If it's going to take a year or more after release before developers are getting on board and producing worthwhile titles, then I'll wait. If the 3D is just as much of a gimmick as some of the other DS features, I probably won't be interested at all.

Also, the system being hacked doesn't hurt. I've bought systems earlier than my ten game rule simply because I could play whatever I pleased -- but that doesn't happen often.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with lilsypha here for the "10 or more games" rule. I've NEVER bought a system at launch, and i never would unless ALL the launch games were something that caught my fancy. I always wait a while to make 100% sure that the system will be a success and not sent to the scrap pile 6 months later due to lack of gamer or developer interest. Why would i buy a system that has no support? And yeah, being hacked is always nice for us at least. Somehow i think it will be a bit harder to do than before, unless we get ahold of the devkit or something.
tongue.gif

ChaosAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will most likely get it since it's a completely new generation of systems and not just an upgrade like the DSi. Will be confirming my choice once more games are revealed though and whether to wait for a price drop or not.

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might buy once its hacked and capable of running commercial roms. and as I said before, nin10doh will probably do something stupid like put 2 lcds on top of each other so that one image liiks higher than another.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm buying it no matter what. Not even gonna wait for hackers to pirate this thing because I believe it will take them a long time, just like the DS.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My answer:
AH HELLS NO!

The 3DS is going to be the DSi's DS LITE!
It is just another "hardware add on" to further prove that Nintendo has put this whole DS crap on life-support!
Just release another damn hand held gaming system all together!
Nintendo needs to stop "recycling" their hardware...NINTENDO WII...and start making better systems.

Microsoft is kicking Nintendo's butt when it comes to graphics and hardcore gameplay.
If it wasn't for BLINX the Time Sweeper becoming such a failure, Nintendo would have died with the Dolphin!

If they think they can get a cheep sale by having the 5th gen Pokemon Games on the 3DS then I won't even bother!
What good would "looking into a cardboard box filled with cardboard cutouts" going to do in a Pokemon RPG game!?

Nintendo is not for the hardcore gamers anymore, sure there are THE RARE FEW of hardcore games here and there but now Nintendo is nothing but a gimmicky, casual-gamers' paradise!

Even Pokemon has become stale and repetitive...which is sad.

You want to know how Super Mario Galaxy 2 is going to play out; well I can guess most of the storyline here.
Mario was invited to ________ by Princess Peach and was hoping to be able to relax for a change.
Until Bowser crashes the fun with _________ and _________s Princess Peach away in _________
Mario soon gives chase to Bowser and the Koopalings whom are riding into the night sky in __________.
Before Mario can reach the___________ that Princess Peach was being held hostage in __________ comes out from
nowhere and blasts Mario into the dephs of space!

Mario now wakes up on _______________ where he meats ___________ who plays _______________ with him.
After Mario wins the game of ____________ he is introduced to ______________[Princess Rosalina?] whom tells him
about ________________[Bower's plot to destroy the universe and create a new one?] and he must collect stars
to restore the engine to the __________________ [Now a super-fast star craft] so that he can travel to _____________
[where Bowser is] and save Princess Peach as well as stop Bowser from ________________-ing the universe!

There's the story, now just make 8 fuggin' worlds with 10 missions each, call up Charles and tell him we need some more voice samples for Mario and add Yoshi, then mass produce it and ship it to all the stores by Easter 2010 in the USA for all the kiddies! Oh, and don't forget to add stupid gimmicky Wii Motion Controls and some puzzles that use that crap!

I bet that's how the Mario Galaxy Game will play out!

I'll just wait for Microsoft's XION or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there