Gaming worth it?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've almost always been a pc gamer and I know this just seems like a downgrade, but I am realizing I don't have much time to game like I used to, so I have no reason to spend a whole lot of money on a gaming rig I was going to.

I was looking at a ps4 but wasn't sure if its worth it yet. I haven't followed it at all, so I don't know any games or anything that're coming up.

What are some of the titles coming out soon and is it worth it to spend $400 on the console now, or wait?
also can you play ps3 games on it? googling told me that you can but its really limited and in beta right now or something, but I couldn't find a definite answer

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get a good deal on it, sure.

Otherwise, though, you might as well wait. There aren't a whole lot of titles coming out that you can't just get on PC at the moment (like Transistor). I can't wait to give Infamous a spin, but there are few exclusives beyond that and Killzone right now. The system is having no trouble racking up the sales, so you can sit back without worry and let it accumulate a decent little library first.

The PS4 is NOT backwards compatible. It cannot play PS3 games. Some PS3 games are getting ported over (like The Last of Us). Sony is working with Gaikai to create a streaming service, which would allow you to stream certain PS3 games on a PS4, but that won't be ready for some time.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get a good deal on it, sure.

Otherwise, though, you might as well wait. There aren't a whole lot of titles coming out that you can't just get on PC at the moment (like Transistor). I can't wait to give Infamous a spin, but there are few exclusives beyond that and Killzone right now. The system is having no trouble racking up the sales, so you can sit back without worry and let it accumulate a decent little library first.

The PS4 is NOT backwards compatible. It cannot play PS3 games. Some PS3 games are getting ported over (like The Last of Us). Sony is working with Gaikai to create a streaming service, which would allow you to stream certain PS3 games on a PS4, but that won't be ready for some time.

tbh I only wanted to play the last of us as ps3 game but that's awesome that its coming over.

I do like pc gaming and i've never really been a console gamer (besides handhelds and wii/wiiu, but even then pc more) but with less time that I have to game I feel like it'd be better to just buy a console at this point instead of spending much more on a new computer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"