Hacking Worst fear happened, accidentally hit Sky3DS button mid-game

• Thread starter Deleted-19228
  • Start date
  • Views 11,035
  • Replies 36
D

Deleted-19228

OP
Anyone come up with a prevention method yet? I went to grab it and tapped the button on accident. I can think of an easy method but no clue how to integrate it.

Basically it would be a small slider switch. The switch would enable the button to work. So if the switch is "off" the button doesn't function. If the switch is "on" you can press the button normally.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like a good idea and easy to implement
You would only need a small switch, perhaps a dip switch, perhaps some little cables, soldering iron, some tools, creativity and hand skills and an adventure spirit.
Just connect the button serially with the dip switch

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Oh my god. Perfect solution.

I popped the cart open slightly and just removed the blue button. The switch under the button is below the outside. How do you press it you might ask? WITH THE STYLUS!

This is literally perfect!!!

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

I popped the cart open slightly and just removed the blue button. The switch under the button is below the outside. How do you press it you might ask? WITH THE STYLUS!

You just stole the number one selling point of the sky3ds green button

D

Deleted-19228

OP
I saw your thread. You really need to get your money back man =/

D

Deleted-19228

OP
ahh. Can't blame him then.

In any case it wasn't the worst deal ever. :) It did come with a charger right

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India

That's a great idea! Too bad that won't work for the n3DS power button...

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Well, it will and honestly isn't that hard to do. I've disassembled these so many times. Literally <10 minutes to do. But if you get one of those hori duraflexi things it helps, a lot.

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone come up with a prevention method yet? I went to grab it and tapped the button on accident. I can think of an easy method but no clue how to integrate it.

Basically it would be a small slider switch. The switch would enable the button to work. So if the switch is "off" the button doesn't function. If the switch is "on" you can press the button normally.
Well you could desolder one of the contacts of the button, and solder a small switch in between the free contact of the button and the contact of the free spot on the cart. So when you slide the swich, it will complete the "circuit" and allow the button to work. But the cart/board/PCB is so small that that would probably be pretty hard to use.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Wat. I'm not bumping for solutions. I found a solution in Post #3. I'll update original post here shortly with a pic :D

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've never had this problem. But then again, I own a N3DS, which has the cartridge slot is in the front. Probably that's why.

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've never had this problem. But then again, I own a N3DS, which has the cartridge slot is in the front. Probably that's why.
...I did, and I have a N3DS too. With the old one clicking accidentally the switch button was impossible to me, with the new model instead I'm always afraid to click because of how I handle the console (and I have big hands :P )
Looking forward for pictures, I'd love to remove the button too but I don't know how to do it.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
...I did, and I have a N3DS too. With the old one clicking accidentally the switch button was impossible to me, with the new model instead I'm always afraid to click because of how I handle the console (and I have big hands :P )
Looking forward for pictures, I'd love to remove the button too but I don't know how to do it.
Sorry, N3DS XL.

And I also have big hands.

But I can see it happening for the regular (smaller) model, sure.

Reactions: 4ur0r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s