World of Final Fantasy gets playable demo on October 17

Square Enix's upcoming title, World of Final Fantasy, will be getting playable demo next week, on October 17th. If you finish the demo, players can unlock Magitek Armor P, which they can use in the full version. The game is set to release for PS4 and PS Vita on October 28, 2016. Square Enix has also uploaded the game's opening cinematic to YouTube, which you can watch, linked above.

The playable demo will allow players to experience Lann and Reynn in their Lilikin and Jiant forms, meet various different mirages and encounter a selection of iconic FINAL FANTASY® characters along the way, including Cloud, Lightning and Squall. Completing the demo allows players to unlock Magitek Armor P in the Coliseum to battle and capture in the full version of the game.

In addition, the full-length animated opening cinematic for the title was also revealed - showcasing the heroes Reynn and Lann, as they set foot into the magical world of Grymoire, battling menacing Mega Mirages and fighting alongside legendary FINAL FANTASY characters.

Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

bajol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just wanted to know if it will have a robust story, im not that sure about that with that many not original characters

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still dont quite get what this game is, but a demo would probably sort that out for me.
a classical turn base RPG.
Maybe they did it because they were working on FFXV with active battles? people could pick the battle genre they prefer.

I don't know anything about the story, it looks like there will be a lot of crossover and references to all Final fantasy universes, like Chocobo dungeon Wii and Kingdom hearts.
I'm afraid of not catching all the references for the FF games I never played...

edit:
oh, and you can capture enemies to fight with you, like pokémons :P

edit2:
Too bad the Japanese voice over are only DLC !
now we need to pay for voice pack :(
it should be included by default. Maybe I'll preorder to get them for free (or is the game more expansive to cover the "free" dlc? haha)

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh god it's turn based? UGH i'm gonna have to get a VITA or PS4 aren't I? Damnit I hope this gets announced for 3DS or PC before i cave in.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, maybe more "ATB" (active time battle). like old final fantasy. I said turn based because you need to wait your turn to act, it's not an action RPG like FF15.

maybe that will be the playable demo? but that's only battles :(

Déjà vu from the DQB demo thread.
Completing the demo will unlock Magitek armor for the full game.
Like they did with FF15 demo and you get to rename carbukl like you want.
even if you ordered the full version, you could unlock things from the demo first.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Completing the demo allows players to unlock Magitek Armor P in the Coliseum to battle and capture in the full version of the game.
I completed the demo, but didn't see nor unlocked any Coliseum option. So that's probably an option in the complete game. It's not said anywhere in the demo that completing it will affect the final game and that you should keep your save. I don't remember if it was well explained in FF15 demo that the renamed/unlocked Carbunkl would be part of the full game too.

you can reload the save just before the boss even if you save after completing the demo.
I captures the boss, I thought it would unlock something, but nothing happened either in the demo.

I didn't capture all possible enemy type, maybe that will do something? is there any hidden things to do? probably not.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It works! Through Henkaku but no voices in cutscenes tho

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

14718586_10208239727367209_3469677196337854971_n.jpg

Last edited by ElYubiYubi,

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I played the Demo and I think it was Kind of Bad.
The camera was Bad most of the time,
The Fights were kind of boring even though that might Chance with more characters ( it was really weird that I always had to access the quick menu to use some skills and items :/ )
And in the demo you did not see a town or any glimpse of a story so yeah after wanting to buy it the demo actually made me change my mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple