(Working) Tokyo Xanadu JP w/ English Assets

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Vampirex, Jul 20, 2017.

1. nahucirujano

nahucirujano Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Argentina
    I see, that sounds great.
    Thanks again.

2. boroxs

boroxs Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Antarctica
    found the problem, i switch the game mode to load mode 5 so i can overclocked it and it seems that make the barrier bug appeared, installed the game again from beginning and its work fine now, thnks again for the patched :)

3. ryuraiden01

ryuraiden01 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    can i play it without switching the game mode to load mode 5 ?

4. chaoskagami

chaoskagami Rawr

Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
    Okay, no offense to OP, but using the sen-xanadu tools, I disassembled what changes were made and you kind of messed up, OP. You modified the t_text.tbl directly in a hex editor, I think, and it's impossible to decompile it to json using the tools. Additionally, you repacked text.pkg and left a backup file of t_text there, so your IPS patch actually contains copyrighted content.

Regardless, since I used strings to extract your changes, I'll describe the shop fix here:

The 'Purchase %d %s for', 'Sell %d %s for', and other related strings with format specifiers have different parameter orders in japanese: these format strings need the first two arguments swapped and a slight text restructure to accomodate (OP used 'Buy %s\nQty: %d') If the order isn't changed, it interprets the quantity of items as a string pointer, and well...let's just say that dereferences a very low memory address leading to a crash.

As for other unrelated issues: The japanese font differs fron the US font in metrics. You can use the US font instead. Unpack fonts.pkg, and rename font_us.itf to font.itf, then repack fonts.pkg. It works far better.

Last edited by chaoskagami, Aug 15, 2017
  5. Vampirex
    OP

Vampirex Dhampir

Mar 12, 2008
    Canada
    Thank you for pointing that out, a proper release was eventually made by another user, so I'll remove my patch.

6. setsunafseiei885

setsunafseiei885 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Indonesia
    hey, can you tell me where or hints to find it

Camplord likes this.
  7. Camplord

Camplord Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2013
    Guatemala
    Location? Screw that.
    Bumping this, I have searched sky and earth to no avail, any hint would be appreciated my man.

8. xEdzelx

xEdzelx Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2017
    Philippines
    Can somebody correct the typos in the game in this patch? If its not too much work... Thanks in advance :)