Country
Canada
XoDwfcM.jpg
WC2L3Cs.jpg
PZB171q.jpg
toYASPN.jpg
38jgqGG.jpg
r5LAD0n.jpg

DISCLAIMER:I will not be linking to any files to the games, you will need to either download/buy your own copy, or find the English assets yourself. (So don't PM me asking for it)

**PLEASE BUY THE GAME TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPERS AT FALCOM**

08-16-2017

**Official/Proper version(s) have been uploaded by other users** (Good Luck in your search)

07-24-2017

Shop Fix (Patch removed due to copyright information)

Update:
07-22-2017

Thanks to @weaknespase for his repack tool, and identifying the problem.

Latest Progress:

- All translated text have been ported over.
- Fixed Shop: Game no longer crashes when using shops.
- Changed Game title from "東亰ザナドゥ" to "Tokyo Xanadu", and LiveArea changed.
- US Movie ending re-encoded with music.
- Merged Aksys intro with Falcom.

Bugs:
- Some text may run off screen.

Tools:

https://github.com/periander/PSArcTool (PSARC extraction tool)
https://github.com/weaknespase/sen-xanadu-pkg-tool (PKG extract/repack tool for Xanadu/Sen games)
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/240/ (Lunar IPS patcher)

Last edited by Vampirex,

weaknespase

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Interestingly enough, all text for sure is inside of TBL files in text.pkg archive. Another interesting moment is that TBL files structured like compact binary storage for tables, which can include not only text data, for example, `t_se.tbl` contains volume levels for all sound effects (mapping volume to files). I think to be safe only tables with text should be changed, and everything else kept the same.

I still don't know about 4 bytes before compressed data, I found in some PKG files. Seems like some sort 32bit checksum, not crc (checked), maybe adler, mostly comes for *.dat files. Maybe it is safe to strip, maybe not, but repacker, obviously, doesn't reproduce it atm. Repacking `text.pkg` should be safe though, it doesn't contain it, at least in JAP version.

Reactions: Androu1

Vampirex

Dhampir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interestingly enough, all text for sure is inside of TBL files in text.pkg archive. Another interesting moment is that TBL files structured like compact binary storage for tables, which can include not only text data, for example, `t_se.tbl` contains volume levels for all sound effects (mapping volume to files). I think to be safe only tables with text should be changed, and everything else kept the same.

I still don't know about 4 bytes before compressed data, I found in some PKG files. Seems like some sort 32bit checksum, not crc (checked), maybe adler, mostly comes for *.dat files. Maybe it is safe to strip, maybe not, but repacker, obviously, doesn't reproduce it atm. Repacking `text.pkg` should be safe though, it doesn't contain it, at least in JAP version.

I'm only touching t_text.tbl for now... a working game is my priority at the moment.. I was able to fix the shop and combine by copying the JP code.
Now I just need to investigate what's causing the break.

Reactions: Androu1

manifestx88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the shop fix @Vampirex ; Just so others know, you must uncheck "Register File Type" on Lunar IPS, while patching text.pkg, otherwise you will end up with an error when you start the game.

nOoB3inG

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Game crashes at Ruin of Abstraction's relic when i try to purchase the items from it. Purchasing from shops works fine.

danyfury

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you very much Vampirex for your guide, i'm very happy because finally i can play this game in english, i need help with pkg unpack tool because i need to do an test but i don't know how to use this pkg tool for Xanadu. Can anyone send me on PM an exactly guide for use this PKG unpacker/repacker pls? Thx in advance!!!! :)

boroxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i stuck on moonlit garden map 2 when got power strike to destroy pillars but after the gate open there are barrier that prevent me for progressing. is it a glitch or am i missing something? because i watched some video walkthrough and there are no barrier like this after the gate was open

edit: it seems that was a bug from the patch because when i play again using clean jpn version the barrier was gone and i tought the bug barrier was only on that place but it seems its everywhere, even in the room before boss battle

Attachments

• 2017-07-28-020825.jpg
    2017-07-28-020825.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 468
Last edited by boroxs,

Vampirex

Dhampir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i stuck on moonlit garden map 2 when got power strike to destroy pillars but after the gate open there are barrier that prevent me for progressing. is it a glitch or am i missing something? because i watched some video walkthrough and there are no barrier like this after the gate was open

edit: it seems that was a bug from the patch because when i play again using clean jpn version the barrier was gone and i tought the bug barrier was only on that place but it seems its everywhere, even in the room before boss battle

hmm that is odd, as all my testers were able to play past ch4 without any issues... might i suggest you re-read my tutorial and make sure you did every step... if you downloaded an pre-built image, then i cannot vouch for the person who built it, as I can't tell if they did it properly, or applied my fix properly?

anyways, good luck.

Last edited by Vampirex,

nahucirujano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Game tested and working perfectly, as soon as I finish Trails of Cold Steel 1 (I'm on chapter 7) I'll take Xanadu.
The first few minutes of game, and the characters were really interesting.
By the way is it possible to swap the X and O functions like we normally have in western releases?

Vampirex

Dhampir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By the way is it possible to swap the X and O functions like we normally have in western releases?

There's a few things we are trying to fix and correct, and swapping the X and O is one of the things we are trying to do...
But right now we're mainly focusing on making sure the game works from beginning to end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Tiger crust is great.