Tutorial  Updated

Working fix for eepinator / savsender on dsi.

Twl_front.jpg

Its easy ^^.

Some things to note, when in the dsi menus (homescreen) the game cards still can be swapped and read + play fine. They also are properly detected even though the dsi socket is bridged to signal a game card. Next its just like u would use eepinator or savsender on a dsl or ds. The eeprom on the target card is detected + accessible to write to.

EDIT: for those who want a switch, pin 18 is the signal, 19 is gnd im assuming

Last edited by CyrusMainTea,

CyrusMainTea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
allows you to for example, use The Biggest loser SAV exploit on a dsi(after flashing dslink to wifi rom). just a little workaround with the dsi having 2 extra game cart pins for checking for inserted card. without this little bridge, you cannot "hot swap" cards to manipulate eeproms from the dsi itself. no need for a regular ds/dsl to inject game saves.

CyrusMainTea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure specifically with the rom dumping utils, im assuming it would be 100% the same. Its still tricking the dsi's card check apparently, so if eepinator works down low on the cards it makes sense the rom utils would to.

Last edited by CyrusMainTea,
Reactions: I pwned U!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
very clever! thanks, although sadly i doubt it will be much useful for me now, but years ago it would have been nice :)

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HA! I just had this idea the other day... Where this is useful is on the 3DS using it to put the OoT save onto the cart... The same pins are present on the 3DS (the cart slot design is almost identical on the 3DS) so maybe it isn't all that useful on DSi but 3DS will benefit greatly

Reactions: CyrusMainTea

CyrusMainTea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HA! I just had this idea the other day... Where this is useful is on the 3DS using it to put the OoT save onto the cart... The same pins are present on the 3DS (the cart slot design is almost identical on the 3DS) so maybe it isn't all that useful on DSi but 3DS will benefit greatly
great to hear its functional for more then the dsi lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi