Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Why cant people learn to avoid R4'S?
Wood IS BEST for people who have R4'S man...
go get an acekard. it's better than wood trust me.
whatever. i've been doing for a while and people still buy R4's how stubborn
frown.gif

ohnoes.png

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
Exbaddude said:
= o = Seriously?
Um...yeah? There isn't really anything else that gets changed from version to version apart from the .nds/.dat...I guess you could always overwrite the .ini files and reset your global settings...though that is pointless really.
Oh OK Thanks! I've been deleting and reinstalling every update.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
Nagamooto said:
If I download Woody 1.07, will I be able to play the new Zelda and Bowser's Inside Story on this (and save) without any probs?
for zelda you need select 8M savetype in game options (press Y two times on game).

Lambo4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i do not want to get yelled at or flamed or anything like that a simple yes or no or nice answer is all i want... i think i have a clone and there for i have no chance of using this if im right... its black with a silver sticker on the front and it says R4 upgrade revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) so is this a clone and will this work on it? also if by some luck this isnt a clone then why isnt it working all i have on my cart is the _rpg folder the ds_menu.dat file my games folder and a folder with mp3s on it i leave it on there for no real reason its just being stored there so if anyone knows that this isnt a clone and that this can work and can tell me how to make it work then i would be a really thankful man and if not then thanks for any and all help anyway...

Lambo4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
It's a clone which will not work.

I have a thread at the top of the forum with a photo of what the working R4's look like.

ok i saw that coming... oh well so then im going to just have to get another real cart (not a clone) so what would be the best one to get?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lambo4life said:
ok i saw that coming... oh well so then im going to just have to get another real cart (not a clone) so what would be the best one to get?
For price you have either a 1:1 clone of the original R4. Although it's also a clone, hardware wise it's identical to the original and is to the original specifications. Many of the other R4 clones are very different from the original R4, which is why they don't work with Wood. I used one of these to do my Wood guide. Or You have the Acekard. Unless you have a DSi, it's only real advantages over the R4 are MicroSDHC support, better GBA 3-in-1 support, and being able to update cheats over WiFi.

There other carts such as the DSONE/ M3i Zero/ CycloDS which have additional features such as real time saving, but they cost more.

The daddy of them all is the DSTWO, but you only really need that for GBA emulation. Although in time more homebrew may take advantage of it's in built processor.

Lambo4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Lambo4life said:
For price you have either a 1:1 clone of the original R4. Although it's also a clone, hardware wise it's identical to the original and is to the original specifications. Many of the other R4 clones are very different from the original R4, which is why they don't work with Wood. I used one of these to do my Wood guide. Or You have the Acekard. Unless you have a DSi, it's only real advantages over the R4 are MicroSDHC support, better GBA 3-in-1 support, and being able to update cheats over WiFi.

There other carts such as the DSONE/ M3i Zero/ CycloDS which have additional features such as real time saving, but they cost more.

The daddy of them all is the DSTWO, but you only really need that for GBA emulation. Although in time more homebrew may take advantage of it's in built processor.

ok thank you for all the help

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason, turning off the ds while you're on the screen where you choose :cheats/settings/ok
resets the global settings.ini and fucks up everything.
frown.gif
pressing start or select freezes the firmware. but games load fine?
ohmy.gif

you have to go BACK to your comp and change it back.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
basher11 said:
for some reason, turning off the ds while you're on the screen where you choose :cheats/settings/ok
resets the global settings.ini and fucks up everything.
frown.gif
pressing start or select freezes the firmware. but games load fine?
ohmy.gif

you have to go BACK to your comp and change it back.

I just tried it on mine, and nothing happened. I tried powering off while viewing cheats, file properties and in the settings menu.

Perhaps your MicroSD card is playing up?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Presumably you are keeping the globalsettings.ini when you upgrade to a new version?

If so that could be the reason.

i dont think that that's the problem. i mean, they're all the same.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Mosesarashi said:
mellow.gif
umm.... guys....how to create backup file using R4 wood?
A backup of what?
Save maybe?

If so, just select another slot.
1). Find and highlight the game you want.
2). Press Y to bring up the File Information window.
3). Press Y again to bring up to the Settings window.
4). Press R to move to the Features 'tab'.
5). Set the 'Choose Save Slot' to 2 or higher.

WreKk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, can i manually input/rename sav files to .nds.sav?or does it require the converting program for the saves to function properly?i've tried both those methods to no avail.
frown.gif
can any one pin point me to what's going awry?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: