drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty self-explanatory title...

I've found a few DSTWO extensions that let you supposedly run Wood kernel on the DSTWO card. Tried all of them and it gives me a "R4 not support SDHC" message. I even tried using the files from the blue Gateway card (which as we all know is a R4 knockoff and using the 'cracked' Wood files)... still the same error about not supporting SDHC even though I have a 8GB card in my Gateway card.

Has anyone gotten something to actually work? I just ask because as much as the Evolution OS is cool, it seems a lot slower and more annoying to use than Wood and AKAIO (both of those are basically the same anymore).

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Then how are the knockoff cards that Gateway, MT-Card and other using doing it? Those support SDHC just fine...
They're using the R4i-Gold version of Wood firmware, which does support SDHC. The DStwo emulates the R4 original cartridge so it has to run regular R4 Wood firmware. Neither the R4 orig or its version of Wood can support SDHC.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have something like this set up on my 16GB firmware. Let me double check and make sure it's actually Wood.

EDIT: Nope, some sort of heavily modded moonshell. There are a few of these that act like complete menu replacements.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have something like this set up on my 16GB firmware. Let me double check and make sure it's actually Wood.

EDIT: Nope, some sort of heavily modded moonshell. There are a few of these that act like complete menu replacements.

Does it at least look like the Acekard or R4s?

Why would you? The DSTwo has perfect compatibility

It has perfect compatibility, but the UI sucks and it's slow and clunky. Way slower than Wood and AKAIO are. And much more obnoxious to enable cheats as well.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think EOS is fine and not that much slower.
You are overreacting, the cheats work fine too.
You will not be able to find any of the latest versions running on the dstwo.

Also you'll lose the ingame menu and extra features like free cheat.
I think you're being kind of spoiled and lazy.

If you really think EOS is in need of improvement, make a list and email the devs about it.

Reactions: 4coolday and Saxer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.