Wood Firmwares v1.58, Update

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems they fixed it: Edited to remove passwords.

Wow that is some bad web security- full write access to their entire website with password and username choices that bad...... Had to remove it for their sake.

Edit- poked around a bit more. r4ids.cn please up your game as this is not good.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Offtopic-ish, but is there any difference between the R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) and the R4iDSN (r4idsn.com)?
They used to both be made by the same team, but then they separated into two different teams.
I believe the R4i Gold from r4ids.cn actually still gets hardware updates, where as the R4iDSN R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) no longer does.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They used to both be made by the same team, but then they separated into two different teams.
I believe the R4i Gold from r4ids.cn actually still gets hardware updates, where as the R4iDSN R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) no longer does.
Ah, so if I were to buy one of the two flashcards, it would be advisable to buy the R4i Gold (I own a DSi)?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

the r4i gold was originally made by a single team. they went on the make the r4igold v2 (or plus, or something like that) and the team members split. the other members produced the r4i gold .cn and the r4idsn. i've just received two samples, one of the r4i gold and one of the r4idsn. both can be updated and both were sent from the same single team contact at r4idsn.

what i like better about the r4idsn is that its directly supported by ywg. so you can expect faster updates. if at some point the .cn team stops releasing their wood update, at least the r4idsn will continue to get support.

-another world

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the r4i gold was originally made by a single team. they went on the make the r4igold v2 (or plus, or something like that) and the team members split. the other members produced the r4i gold .cn and the r4idsn. i've just received two samples, one of the r4i gold and one of the r4idsn. both can be updated and both were sent from the same single team contact at r4idsn.

what i like better about the r4idsn is that its directly supported by ywg. so you can expect faster updates. if at some point the .cn team stops releasing their wood update, at least the r4idsn will continue to get support.

-another world
I always thought both the R4idsn and .cn team were both officially supported?
Or is the .cn like a second hand support, like it has the official support for Wood R4, but not official support from ywg?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv