Gaming With the SNES classic being announced do you guys think VC on Switch will never happen?

whateverg1012

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine it's way more profitable for them to just sell classic editions then selling VC games for dirt cheap. I think that the N64 classic edition is next after they are done making bank from the SNES classic.

Reactions: SonyNintendoGamer1

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the Switch is going to get a revamped VC. I think the Switch will end up with what is essentially a Netflix like service that you pay for monthly that gives you access to all the VC games currently available. I'd pay like $15-$20 a month for something like that on the Switch that would give us access to all sorts of classic NES, SNES, N64, GB(C), GBA, and maybe DS (not sure how well DS games would work on the Switch) and Gamecube titles, maybe they could get some of the other systems games again like the Genesis, Tubografx 16, etc.

Last edited by duffmmann,

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the above. I would rather have a subscription that allows me to play the most of the old titles (nes to gba). If someone wants an individual game, remasters would be a better option. I doubt Nintendo would make many though.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Think it will happen but only when the eShop gets a makeover and everything's improved, yada yada. In the state that it is now it's just a mess, yeah, you have three categories to choose from and that's about it (there is the "see all" or whatever it's called).

The current eShop of the Switch is a god damn mess to find a game unless you know what's the game you're looking for, rather than just any. There isn't even a section for demos.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw, it would be a dick move if Nintendo kept Star Fox 2 as a Classic SNES-exclusive than release as a VC game but it's Nintendo so that may happen.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
My mind is they're workin' hard to get their online system out and they have all hands on deck right now and no one left to develop VC for Switch. It's clear from their delay of the online service that they are scrambling to get it out and start makin' subscription money. I think after we see that release, the team'll start on VC Switch titles. But no, they're totally going to have VC on the Switch. It's a money-makin' machine! And heavens knows they ain't gonna make enough SNES Classics to satisfy demand.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly thinking that the "Classic" hardware lineup is probably helping them with the Switch VC. They're both ARM devices, they're probably both going to run the same emulators

i'd like if you hit like L+R on the Switch home menu if it would take you into an interface like what the NES Classic has (And what I assume the SNES Classic will have) to browse and play all the VC titles. Cuz I really liked that interface for classic games.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine it's way more profitable for them to just sell classic editions then selling VC games for dirt cheap. I think that the N64 classic edition is next after they are done making bank from the SNES classic.

Well, we are still after SNES Classic mini (PAL) since we have NES Classic mini (PAL). To be honest with you, I do not care about VC games at all. Unless, Capcom release a unreleased SFC Rockman & Forte into English version (Not GBA VERSION, mind you) then I would go after this special VC game. :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, we are still after SNES Classic mini (PAL) since we have NES Classic mini (PAL). To be honest with you, I do not care about VC games at all. Unless, Capcom release a unreleased SFC Rockman & Forte into English version (Not GBA VERSION, mind you) then I would go after this special VC game. :)

Or wait for the Snes mini to he hacked :creep:

Player-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

these "classic edition" consoles are mainly for nostalgia purposes and have a limited run, switch will be around for a while and will most likely get more first party/third party classic games ported over. and of course, with the added bonus of being able to play it either at home or take it on the go.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i would love an n64 classic console xD, the n64 VC was so dull looking, taking out all the color of what made the n64 nostalgic killed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm