Witgui, Wii game conversion utility for Mac

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Nickkk, Dec 8, 2012.

Dec 8, 2012
    • Newcomer

Nickkk New Member

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    Witgui is a Wii and GameCube game manager for Mac OS X. It is a graphical user interface based on wit, wwt and the gametdb.com database. You will love its intuitiveness.

[IMG]

Witgui implements the most used features of wit and wwt. These are:
    • listing of Wii and GameCube games on your Mac or on an external drive (FAT is natively supported, if you wish NTFS support you may want to install NTFS-3G first) and on WBFS partitions
    • converting between .wbfs, .iso, .wdf, .ciso and .wia file formats, adding, removing and extracting games to/from WBFS partitions.
    Witgui also supports:
    • downloading localized cover images from gametdb.com
    • parsing localized game details from the gametdb.com database
    • searching your games or even the whole offline database
    • renaming games with a custom format
    • exporting a game list to plain text or html.
    Last edited by Nickkk, Apr 10, 2013
    • Newcomer

Krabbjuice New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden
    this is fantastic except for the fact that my computer freezes when I choose my wbfs partition.
    • Newcomer

Nickkk New Member

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    What OS do you have? Do you mean that Witgui froze or the whole computer, and after which operation (listing of WBFS partitions, opening of one of them)?
    • Newcomer

Krabbjuice New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden
    I am on 10.7.5, the whole computer freezes (http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/TS3742/TS3742_01_KP-001-en.jpg) when I click "WBFS Partition" button. Even without the wbfs drive plugged in.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Krabbjuice, Dec 21, 2012
    • Newcomer

Nickkk New Member

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    I had the same problem on Lion ... On Mountain Lion this bug seems to be fixed by Apple. I'm sorry, I can't help you :-(
    • Newcomer

Krabbjuice New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Ah well, I guess I can just get Mountain Lion then.
    • Newcomer

atlanx New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Why you had to drop Snow Leopard Support from WitGui v2.0.4 to WitGui v2.1.0?
    • Newcomer

Nickkk New Member

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    I'm sorry, maintaining Witgui for Snow Leopard was just too much work. I would suggest upgrading to Mavericks, if you can (it's free), then you can use the newest version of Witgui.
    • Newcomer

atlanx New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Thanks. I was only curious because you brought back Snow Leopard support from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 and then it was thrown out again in the next release. This was a bit strange so i wanted to know why because i'm still on 1.0.3 because of having SnowLeo on my Mac.

After Mavericks is free i think i will upgrade to Mavericks - no problem.
    • Newcomer

Nickkk New Member

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    I know, but it seems that Snow Leopard is used just by a few percent of the total Mac users and maintaining backwards compatibility prior to Lion really takes a lot of time. And because Mavericks is free, I think Snow Leopard will be less popular than ever. For those users that can't/don't want to upgrade, version 2.0.4 is still very good.