Wireless 360 controller to Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Garrincho, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Garrincho
    OP

Garrincho Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Uruguay
    Is there currently any way/adapter to connect a Wireless Xbox 360 controller to the switch?

2. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
  3. Garrincho
    OP

Garrincho Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Uruguay
    Nice.

Although for that price I might as well just look into a Pro Controller.

My fear is that once Rocket League comes out, since I'm used to the xbox 360 controller, it will feel too different. How similar do360 controllers feel to the pro controller?

4. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I don't own a Pro Controller, but I've tried one. They actually feel quite comfortable. IGN says they feel almost exactly like Xbox 360 controllers. If you can, go to a local store and see if you can try one out yourself.

Garrincho likes this.
  5. antmedicine

antmedicine Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2016
    United States
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    While I do own a titan one personally, it does work with the system in dock mode with the usb. You would need to plug in the xbox 360 wireless accessory to use it or a standard wired one will work just fine. It is very good and useful. It even support motion controls on dualshock 3 and dualshock 4 controllers, so you can use aim controls in breath of the wild or those motion control puzzles or even motion controls in Mario kart, also soon to support vibration on switch. :)

(people seem to not want this cause of the price. :( )

7. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Comparing the Xbox One controller, Xbox 360 controller and the Switch Pro Controller, I would say the Pro controller feels more like the Xbox One controller.
    The 360 controller is too wide (don't know how to explain that), the xbox one is not so wide and it is more comfortable in the hands, and the Switch Pro Controller is very much like that.
    There are some differences I would remark between the XB1 and the Pro Controller, all of them IMHO though:
    • The DPAD is way better in the XB1 controller, then comes the Pro with a mediocre DPAD, and last comes the X360 controller with a disappointing DPAD.
    • The analogs are way better in the Pro controller, than in either the XB1 or X360 controllers.
    • The Pro controller has L/R+ZL/ZR digital buttons, it has no triggers. Triggers feel uncomfortable when you need digital button presses, and digital buttons are unable to do analog pedal input, so there is that.
    Everything else is pretty similar to the XB1 controller.

8. Mark2333

Mark2333 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    Search in Amazon, you can find a list.