exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I converted a model to bcmdl and have kcl and .pa files. I replaced the bcmdl with another file bcmdl, the model is not showing in the editor. Could you maybe show us, make a video :D, when you have time of course
Yep, with the next version i'll make a video too, i already planned that.
place the obj of the model you imported in the models folder (rename to the name of the object you replaced) and it should appear in the editor

Reactions: CuriousTommy

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my layeredfs folder:
QVmwGGN.png

I just tested with an usa version of the game and it works, you must be doing something wrong
Was the USA version digital? (Like was it also RF?)
I took my layeredfs file, put it in plugin folder and I made sure all the files were there, I boot up my USA digital copy and then When
the yellow curtains for the loading stage screen start to appear my game freezes.
I think I figured it out, it's probaly because there's a issue with my layeredfs file.
could you send me your layeredfs file for 3D land? The one you used for the USA version?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Was the USA version digital? (Like was it also RF?)
I took my layeredfs file, put it in plugin folder and I made sure all the files were there, I boot up my USA digital copy and then When
the yellow curtains for the loading stage screen start to appear my game freezes.
I think I figured it out, it's probaly because there's a issue with my layeredfs file.
could you send me your layeredfs file for 3D land? The one you used for the USA version?
I'm using a cia i found on that iso site, it's not region free.
check your PMs

Last edited by exelix11,

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't you just answered your own question?

It's important to keep in mind that some games may have some values that are hardcoded, so just because some levels don't have a timer does not necessarily mean that it is easily adjustable. However, Super Mario 3D Land, f̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶a̶t̶e̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ might have an option as stated by exelix11.
It should be related to StageInfo1.byml in the stage szs,
Edit: i was using the wrong file, you can convert StageInfo1.byml to xml to edit it without any problem, maybe setting StageTimer property to a big number or to 0 or -1 will make the timer disappear
Edit: It is not confirmed that doing that will remove the timer. Sorry for the misinformation.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's important to keep in mind that some games may have some values that are hardcoded, so just because some levels don't have a timer does not necessarily mean that it is easily adjustable. However, Super Mario 3D Land, fortunately, does have an option as stated by exelix11.
Did you test those values ? i said that numbers because if i made the game, i would have used -1 to disable the timer, that was a guess, i don't know if it works

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so cool!! I might try to edit levels later but for now I just want the custom Super Mario 64 level. I already downloaded it, but how do I install it to my game? I'm using CFW.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you test those values? I said that numbers because if I made the game, I would have used -1 to disable the timer, that was a guess, I don't know if it works

Actually no I haven't, I currently busy with school. Sorry, I misunderstood your quote; I updated my post to reflect that.

This is so cool!! I might try to edit levels later but for now I just want the custom Super Mario 64 level. I already downloaded it, but how do I install it to my game? I'm using CFW.

You can use NTR (you just need to generate a plugin though), HANS through the homebrew launcher, or create a CIA game with the files already added.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no I haven't, I currently busy with school. Sorry, I misunderstood your quote; I updated my post to reflect that.

You can use NTR (you just need to generate a plugin though), HANS through the homebrew launcher, or create a CIA game with the files already added.
How do you generate a plugin?

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't used LayerFS on NTR and Google doesn't seem to be helping. Could someone help me on how to load the Peach's Castle level with it?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't used LayerFS on NTR and Google doesn't seem to be helping. Could someone help me on how to load the Peach's Castle level with it?
To use LayeredFS you must compile the plugin from the source, it's illegal to share the binary since to compile it you need the code.bin from the game you want to mod, there are some tutorials if you search on google, if you're not familiar with this things use HANS.

How do i convert obj to bcmdl? Tell me
I'm using the official sdk, i don't know if there are other ways to do that

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To use LayeredFS you must compile the plugin from the source, it's illegal to share the binary since to compile it you need the code.bin from the game you want to mod, there are some tutorials if you search on google, if you're not familiar with this things use HANS.

I'm using the official sdk, i don't know if there are other ways to do that

What do I do for HANS then? I tried using RomFS builder but HANS crashes when I open SM3DW

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do I do for HANS then? I tried using RomFS builder but HANS crashes when I open SM3DW
Get braindump and use it to dump super mario 3d land, it will be stored as a cxi file in your sd, then use asia81 hack pack to extract the romfs from the cxi (write somewhere the cxi name, you'll need it) now copy the folders inside the zip file to the romfs folder (replace existing files).
Then get romfs builder and build from the modded romfs folder, call the file like the last 8 characters of the cxi name + .romfs, in my case it's 00053f00.romfs for SM3DL eur, now put in the hans folder on the sd card this file. open hans, select 3d land, set Romfs -> sd to yes, and press start to run the game

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you generate a plugin?

To add on to what he said:
For NTR, you use this software to generate a plugin:
https://github.com/44670/layeredFS

The English instructions can be found here:
https://github.com/44670/layeredFS/wiki/manual

Here is a tutorial on how to do it on GBAtemp by Asia81.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-and-use-a-layeredfs-plugin.389977/

You could use this guide to get the DecryptedExeFS.bin, also by Asia81.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/
Sadly I can't help you step by step on this, but you should be able to do it once you follow these guide. I personally have not tried this yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.