ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask to see your plugin (or the folder for ToT) folder?
Capture---.PNG

Did you want the actual plugin files too or just the picture?

sorry if it sounded bad, I wanted to say that your patch is not something to someone make a fuzz about, it's nice that it's done, I unertsand it's not actually in game because rating stuff, and now all the game need to be "complete" is or little friend xD
Every mod is welcome actually.. why not a PET DINOSAUR??? hahahah (or pokemon? lol)

also I wanted to ask the difficulties to edit text/graphic on this game... I'm interested in translate this someday o3o
No, no you didn't sound bad! Sorry if I sounded rude I just got a little heated after that last comment. The text isn't extremely difficult to edit, it's just very time-consuming. XBB file formats haven't been researched too much, so I've been figuring it out as I work with them, really. I tried messing with the models once since they're all in bch, but whatever edits I made became corrupt in game, not sure why... Editing the textures on models is easy though, and doesn't result in corruption. All of the graphics like the main title and menus are in the layouts folder in the romfs. They're all in arc format though, and EFE exports them as bin files. I have no idea how to edit them after exporting, though.

Last edited by Silrae,

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What a copout argument.

This is a simulation game, reasonably based off of real life humans. The believability relies on references to the real world in order for players to connect with NPCs like normal people. Trees won't be upside down because it is some player's fetish or whatever.

A very small percentage of real life people are actually homosexual, even less so in such a small sample population such as those in Trio of Towns. While I think it would be neat to have at least one bisexual candidate, it's absolutely sociopathic to demand all candidates must be bisexual.

I wouldn't want any impressionable teenagers playing this game and then expecting everyone in real life to be bisexual, because that's not how life works. Have some respect for people's sexual orientations, even heterosexuality.

It's not like the developer didn't have regard for that part of the playerbase. These models are practically babies with their androgynous bodies and thus gave us the ability to wear any clothes we want, regardless of sex.

We also have a marriage candidate, Inari, who is available to both sexes with no change in artwork or mannerisms despite always being the opposite of the player character's sex.

While I don't believe this patch is necessary, it does provide a seamless experience for those that wanted it so I must commend your efforts. I don't think the developer has any need to make their games have this inherently.

Holy shit when will you guys learn that no one fkin cares about your opinion.
The main part of the game is that you can identify yourself with the main character. Of course you guys have no idea how it feels like to not be part of a community since you get hetero love shoved down your throats every two minutes in television etc.

You are being homophobic and you can't tell me that what you are saying is not homophobia.
Seriously, shame on you

Ugh, I can't believe it's 2017 and backwards thinking ppl like you still exist.

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have my character dressed as a male and married to Ford with a child. What build if any should I pick to change the pronouns and whatnot to male?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have my character dressed as a male and married to Ford with a child. What build if any should I pick to change the pronouns and whatnot to male?
You're going to want to download both builds, but only use the constdata from the female build and then use everything else from the male build.
Just to let you know though, this hack only changes the pronouns said by the bachelors/bachelorettes so the villagers will still regard you as a girl. I also haven't finished editing all the dialogue so Ford might call you a girl too here and there, sorry!

Last edited by Silrae,

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to want to download both builds, but only use the constdata from the female build and then use everything else from the male build.
Just to let you know though, this hack only changes the pronouns said by the bachelors/bachelorettes so the villagers will still regard you as a girl. I also haven't finished editing all the dialogue so Ford might call you a girl too here and there, sorry!
Thank you so much! I look forward to future expansions, too, then. It's mostly strange when my son calls me Mama, but he's small still so it's kinda funny for now.

Upon entering my house after installing the patch, Hamtaro became the dreaded alpaca Shiba :o I think I will have to wait a bit then to see what incompatibilities can be fixed I guess.

Last edited by RarePupper,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upon entering my house after installing the patch, Hamtaro became the dreaded alpaca Shiba :o I think I will have to wait a bit then to see what incompatibilities can be fixed I guess.
Huh, that's really odd actually because the hamtaro patch doesn't mess with any of the files this hack edits? It looks like the incompatibility issues stem from the way the hamtaro patch is installed. If you don't mind, could you try installing it again, but this time try extracting your romfs, putting the SoSToT contents from my patch into it, rebuilding it, and following the rest of the steps with the hamtaro patch? That may get both patches to work at the same time, hopefully. If not, I'll keep trying to figure out a fix.

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, that's really odd actually because the hamtaro patch doesn't mess with any of the files this hack edits? It looks like the incompatibility issues stem from the way the hamtaro patch is installed. If you don't mind, could you try installing it again, but this time try extracting your romfs, putting the SoSToT contents from my patch into it, rebuilding it, and following the rest of the steps with the hamtaro patch? That may get both patches to work at the same time, hopefully. If not, I'll keep trying to figure out a fix.

I tried this out and it looks like the constdata is the culprit. Even after rebuilding and everything. Although last time I checked, the Hamtaro patch only "patches" with the HANS version. The NTR CFW version just takes from the JP version, not the US version.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this out and it looks like the constdata is the culprit. Even after rebuilding and everything. Although last time I checked, the Hamtaro patch only "patches" with the HANS version. The NTR CFW version just takes from the JP version, not the US version.
Aah I see, looks like I misread a bunch of stuff last night. That's what I get for trying to fix this at 5 in the morning. Alright, try using the constdata I've attached to the post, this time the problem should be fixed. Let me know if it works so I can update the OP!

Attachments

• ConstData.zip
    453.5 KB · Views: 152

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aah I see, looks like I misread a bunch of stuff last night. That's what I get for trying to fix this at 5 in the morning. Alright, try using the constdata I've attached to the post, this time the problem should be fixed. Let me know if it works so I can update the OP!
It works! Thank you so much! :D

A discovery I made is this seems to make the gender change cheat "safer" I guess. Since the dialogue changes so quickly! Or maybe that was something else doing it but oh well.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works! Thank you so much! :D

A discovery I made is this seems to make the gender change cheat "safer" I guess. Since the dialogue changes so quickly! Or maybe that was something else doing it but oh well.
That's great! Thanks for testing that out for me! I'm not sure how the patch affects that cheat (the one from the NTR plugin right?), but if you're using it to go back and forth between genders just remember to change the patch's files to the proper build.

Updated the OP, installation guide, and download links to include compatibility for the Hamtaro Restoration Patch. An update to actual patch will come soon! Sorry for the wait, I'm just very busy at the moment.

AstralNyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for taking the time to make this! It makes this game that much enjoyable for me.

I really appreciate people like yourself who take the time to make these patches to add features the devs won't.

Reactions: Noroxus and Silrae

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a female main character and I was wondering which one should I download.
I'm about to actually put this to use since I know who I am marrying now.

Last edited by Queen of SoS,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a female main character and I was wondering which one should I download.
I'm about to actually put this to use since I know who I am marrying now.
Use the female build if you're playing as a girl or the male build if you're playing as a guy!

boncabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is it possible to marry the same-sex Inari with this?
Because he/she seems to be the opposite of the player's gender.

If not, I'm thinking of using the ntr cheat to change gender, marry him/her using the opposite gender you want then switch back? Or will he/she change with you?

Then again, is there even a way to check his/her gender before the dlc comes out?
I guess the CG is one way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...