ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

pizzarobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was kinda wondering how I can use this in Citra or whatever it's called. Like, is there a way to patch in my save file and the TLE patch into the rom? I'm not savvy enough or brave enough to actually potentially brick my ACNL 3DS I've had for years now.

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was kinda wondering how I can use this in Citra or whatever it's called. Like, is there a way to patch in my save file and the TLE patch into the rom? I'm not savvy enough or brave enough to actually potentially brick my ACNL 3DS I've had for years now.

I don't think it's possible to use patches like this with Citra. I've seen other people ask this question and that's generally the answer they seem to get. I don't blame you for being cautious about bricking your 3ds, and right now there's not a really easy way to install cfw on it anyway since Nintendo's patched out the usual methods of installing it.

pizzarobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll just never marry and never get that stamina heart. I really don't want to start over and have to choose female just to date Wayne or Ludus lol.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure it's impossible to permanently brick your 3ds nowadays? I think there's supposed to be a method on unbricking it by using a magnet and flashcard. I'm not sure about the details, it's been a while since I've looked into the homebrew side of things.

Besides that, it might be possible for you to use Citra, but I'm not sure. If I'm going by pure speculation I'd assume that you could just make a cia of ToT with TLE patched in, and convert it to a cci to use with Citra. I know that an edited cia of ToT can definitely run since in the very early stages of this patch I used Citra to test some things out. It may have problems throughout the game though, I wouldn't know, I didn't use it that much. If you have access to homebrew applications you can also extract your save and use it.

Last edited by Silrae,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I've finished testing everything, and the update is ready to be uploaded! I'll put it up in a couple of hours, right now it's nearly six in the morning, and I don't trust myself enough to write a changelog or a decent update post. It'll most likely be up sometime in the afternoon (central timezone) today.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u98Crcl.png

XLttvzQ.png
r2I1Heh.png
LuBfgyd.png

Hey remember when I said I'd have the final update to this patch done by the end of November? Ha ha ha, well, that sure didn't happen, did it? Anyways, as promised here is v4.0!

This update has full compatibility with the dlc, and includes dialogue edits to the new events (except for the party event). There's also a shiny new title screen with a shiny new rainbow! Minor text and bug fixes have been made, and UberGeek77's new Hamtaro & Cheburashka patch now is compatible with TLE.

What hasn't been done is: The pregnancy and child birth events are still completely untouched, the new party event from the dlc is untouched, and many reported freezes and crashes from the festivals have not been fixed (or really, they haven't been found). To explain that last part, I couldn't replicate the freezes and crashes in the festivals in my own save. All of them ran completely fine for me, and I'm at a loss on how to fix these reports because I'm not experiencing them.

Here's the full changelog for this update:
  • Compatibility to DLC
  • Updated Compatibility to UberGeek77's Hamtaro & Cheburashka patch
  • Updated optional Inari Gender Switch patch to include pronoun changes from your child
  • New title screen includes a rainbow in the background and current version of the patch (If you use the Hamtaro patch Hamtaro will appear in the title screen as well)
  • Minor changes made to DLC events:
    • Father visit
    • Marriage Ceremony for Stephanie and Woofio
    • Stephanie's dark blue love event
    • Stephanie's light green love event
    • Woofio's light green love event
    • Stephanie's red flower overworld dialogue
    • Woofio's red flower overworld dialogue
    • Stephanie and Woofio's marriage greetings
    • Woofio's marriage overworld dialogue
    • Woofio's child birth overworld blessings
    • Stephanie and Woofio's 2nd child growth event
    • Starlight Gala's after event with your child
  • Greetings from the person you are dating will properly display now
  • Minor overworld dialogue text errors have been fixed
  • Grammar fixes have been made to majorly changed love events from v3.0
  • Minor change made to Ludus' reverse confess event
  • Text error fix to Kasumi's proposal blessing event
  • Fixed order of vows in Lulukoko's marriage ceremony
  • Yuzuki's yellow flower event has the male player change into the Green Samurai Kimono instead of blue
  • Yuzuki's light green flower event hair clip is now the same for both genders
Download
(Make sure to overwrite old files when you update!)
Enjoy! And, as always, please report any bugs or text errors along with photos! Feedback on any dialogue edits is always welcomed, too! The next major update will be focused around the childbirth, pregnancy, and party events. It will (hopefully) be the last major update to TLE! (please... god... free me)

If you experience any bugs in ANY festivals (including contests), please include a copy of your save file, tell me if the game freezes or crashes, how you found the bug, what festival you found the bug in, if you are married or in a relationship, if you talked someone (list who you talked to), if you're using NTR or Luma, and any other details you could give. Since I had such trouble finding reported freezes and crashes from the festivals, I would very much appreciate as much detail as possible in these specific reports so I can replicate the crashes and fix them.

(Also thank you to @NicheGamer for giving me feedback on both my writing and grammar!<3)

Edit: I almost forgot to mention that I highly recommend for everyone to switch from NTR to Luma. I firmly believe this patch runs faster and smoother using Luma, and in the future I'm considering removing NTR as an installation method. Luma's just much simpler to use and has less problems.

Last edited by Silrae, , Reason: I forgot how to spell Cheburashka

yuukulele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Howdy hey, I'm a regular lurker and have been tracking this patch since you first released it last year, I actually made an account to watch the progress on it more conveniently. Thank you so much for your hard work on this and I wish you well on your other endeavors!

Reactions: Silrae

minrathous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so, so much for all your hard work on this, Silrae! I'm so happy to be able to play with both the hack and the DLC now!! ;w;

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I've been having trouble with the Starlight Gala. The game crashes when I try to leave the festival to go home, it's fine during the festival itself and talking to villagers post-festival. I'm dating Wayne, not yet married, and the game crashes regardless of whether or not I talked to people before trying to go home. I'm using Luma on an O3DS. I have the update as well as the DLC, though I got to this point before the DLC was available and never saw anything about the gift delivery thing, which might be a factor in the crash.

Attachments

• save.rar
    15 KB · Views: 72

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble with the Starlight Gala. The game crashes when I try to leave the festival to go home, it's fine during the festival itself and talking to villagers post-festival. I'm dating Wayne, not yet married, and the game crashes regardless of whether or not I talked to people before trying to go home. I'm using Luma on an O3DS. I have the update as well as the DLC, though I got to this point before the DLC was available and never saw anything about the gift delivery thing, which might be a factor in the crash.

Obvious question, but did you download v4 of TLE? Silrae just updated it yesterday to include support for the DLC/1.1 update (among maaaany other things).

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Obvious question, but did you download v4 of TLE? Silrae just updated it yesterday to include support for the DLC/1.1 update (among maaaany other things).
Yep, I did. Before v4 the game would crash when I tried to talk to people post-Starlight Gala. So, progress?

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I did. Before v4 the game would crash when I tried to talk to people post-Starlight Gala. So, progress?

When it crashes does it give you the option to dump the error to a log file? Not sure if that information would be helpful to Silrae or not, but it couldn't hurt. I wouldn't count on a quick response though, she's got a lot of things irl that require her attention (hence why I'm here trying to help in my limited capacity XD). Are you using the Hamtaro restoration patch by chance?

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
When it crashes does it give you the option to dump the error to a log file? Not sure if that information would be helpful to Silrae or not, but it couldn't hurt. I wouldn't count on a quick response though, she's got a lot of things irl that require her attention (hence why I'm here trying to help in my limited capacity XD). Are you using the Hamtaro restoration patch by chance?
No Hamtaro patch. I can play through the festival again and get the error dump, if it'd be helpful. And no rush to Silrae, she's done an amazing job with this patch already! Just thought it'd be helpful since she can't replicate the festival crashes herself.

Reactions: NicheGamer

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Hamtaro patch. I can play through the festival again and get the error dump, if it'd be helpful. And no rush to Silrae, she's done an amazing job with this patch already! Just thought it'd be helpful since she can't replicate the festival crashes herself.

Is the Starlight Gala the only place that you're experiencing crashes with v4? I'll go ahead and see if I can replicate the issue myself as well.

Edit: I used the save file you provided and yup, the game crashed as I tried to leave the gala. But when I played the event on my own save file I was able to leave just fine, so it seems the issue is with your save itself. :\ Here's the dump file in case you need it @Silrae : https://mega.nz/#!4gczxSCZ

Last edited by NicheGamer,
Reactions: Silrae

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Starlight Gala the only place that you're experiencing crashes with v4? I'll go ahead and see if I can replicate the issue myself as well.

Edit: I used the save file you provided and yup, the game crashed as I tried to leave the gala. But when I played the event on my own save file I was able to leave just fine, so it seems the issue is with your save itself. :\ Here's the dump file in case you need it @Silrae : https://mega.nz/#!4gczxSCZ
If you're going to provide a MEGA link, you'll need to provide the decryption key or just provide the full URL to the file, which contains the decryption key.

Frey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I still experience the crash on start up (An exeption occurred), don't know if anyone has the same problem :unsure:

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for including your save! It's really odd that this crash seems to only happen in specific situations. I think I fixed the problem, though. Put the files I attached into your sd card and let me know if you still get a crash!

I still experience the crash on start up (An exeption occurred), don't know if anyone has the same problem :unsure:
At start up? That's... not possible unless you haven't updated the game. Are you using the USA version of the game? v4.0 isn't compatible with the EUR or PAL roms.

Attachments

• Festival_A_Friendship.zip
    8 KB · Views: 72

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all