ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
do someone have a save game for Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (EUR). time: Summer day 6 or later (and female)? my save was corrupted and i dont want to start from beginning.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do someone have the cheatplugin of speedfly for us version (it asks for password to download i dont konw it)

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have the us plugin from speedfly (dont use that) there is a cheat unlock all areas and unlock all main quest...will break your game

you are goin to sleep in your bed and wake up in the inn (in this tropical area there) and if your go to your farm after that and enter your house, exit it you cant go to the crossing because the way is barricaded

thanks

Sias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, first of all I want to thank you for even creating this patch. :)
I'm a member of the European group though and would prefer to play this in my own language, similarly to a bunch of other people in this thread. Therefore I'd like to translate your dialogue to German (if possible).

While I may have no experience with the xbb file format used yet, I've done my fair share of support coding for Fire Emblem already and also dabbled in some hex editing here and there, so I'm not totally clueless. If you explain how to edit the text to me, it shouldn't be all that much of a problem, I believe?
You'd also have one version that works for sure with European games, so that's probably a plus as well.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, first of all I want to thank you for even creating this patch. :)
I'm a member of the European group though and would prefer to play this in my own language, similarly to a bunch of other people in this thread. Therefore I'd like to translate your dialogue to German (if possible).

While I may have no experience with the xbb file format used yet, I've done my fair share of support coding for Fire Emblem already and also dabbled in some hex editing here and there, so I'm not totally clueless. If you explain how to edit the text to me, it shouldn't be all that much of a problem, I believe?
You'd also have one version that works for sure with European games, so that's probably a plus as well.
I'd definitely be open to that, but it seems that the xbb file has been changes for the Europe release. I'm not sure how to edit it as of right now, since it's structured differently than the USA's file. If I make some leeway on editing it, I'll be sure to let you know!

For now though, here's the current working files to at least get all the bachelors/bachelorettes available to romance for anyone playing the EUR version of the game. The dialogue won't be edited though, so you'll most likely be called the wrong gender.

Unzip the TitleID named folder into your plugin folder and the ToT EUR folder into the root of your SD card for ntr. If you're using Luma's layeredFS just put the contents of the ToT EUR folder into the proper folder in luma's titles.

Attachments

• 00040000001B5500.rar
    3.6 KB · Views: 140
  • ToT EUR.rar
    453.9 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: Girafarig

Sias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd definitely be open to that, but it seems that the xbb file has been changes for the Europe release. I'm not sure how to edit it as of right now, since it's structured differently than the USA's file. If I make some leeway on editing it, I'll be sure to let you know!

For now though, here's the current working files to at least get all the bachelors/bachelorettes available to romance for anyone playing the EUR version of the game. The dialogue won't be edited though, so you'll most likely be called the wrong gender.

Unzip the TitleID named folder into your plugin folder and the ToT EUR folder into the root of your SD card for ntr. If you're using Luma's layeredFS just put the contents of the ToT EUR folder into the proper folder in luma's titles.

Hm, that sucks, but I wish you the best of luck for finding out the differences nevertheless. I might also have some spare time to take a closer look into this myself during the weekend, but I'm not sure what will come of it.

Sias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I'm back with some good and some bad news.
While I haven't really been able to figure out how repointing the xbb files works, I've regardless done a lot of edits already, mainly simple pronoun switching or changes that could be done in the given text frame (also corrected some typos, whoo).

On the other side though I've used the patch files you provided and discovered some problems. A part of it is definitely working as it should: everyone has flower symbols and the background of the top screen text boxes is now pink for the males instead of the standard blue. During the goddess festival dance Wayne and Ford were also listed under females, which is probably intended as well.
The issue is that I nevertheless haven't been able to activate a single love event yet, even though all conditions should be theoretically fulfilled. I've tried this with both Westown bachelors already, Hinata is also pretty close, so I'm going to check whether he works soon-ish, but Ludus will be delayed because his event isn't available until mid-fall.

The second problem is even worse however, as my game started to simply crash whenever I try to enter North from South Westown. The other directions (North to South or Tsuyukusa to North) are fine, but I really don't know what happened? I'm on the day when Yuzuki appears now, so I guess it's somehow tied to him. I've tried going to Westown before and after meeting him already, and the only way to avoid the blackscreen with the music doodling on forever in the background is to disable your patch. :(

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm back with some good and some bad news.
While I haven't really been able to figure out how repointing the xbb files works, I've regardless done a lot of edits already, mainly simple pronoun switching or changes that could be done in the given text frame (also corrected some typos, whoo).

Thanks for working on that, but I actually figured out what the problem was and have begun editing the xbb files. I actually don't change text, I add it in. The reason for that is because if I did pronoun switches, I would have to have two separate xbb files for male and female players. Adding in new text makes it so only one file has to be downloaded!

As for the bugs you're having, I'm not really sure how to fix that? It's never been a problem with the usa rom... I'll have a look into the constdata of the game and see if anything is different from the usa's file. They were both the same size so I just assumed they were the same thing, I should've taken a closer look. I'll do some more testing this weekend (hopefully). I've been extremely busy lately, but I'll try to work something out as soon as possible.

Sias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for working on that, but I actually figured out what the problem was and have begun editing the xbb files. I actually don't change text, I add it in. The reason for that is because if I did pronoun switches, I would have to have two separate xbb files for male and female players. Adding in new text makes it so only one file has to be downloaded!

As for the bugs you're having, I'm not really sure how to fix that? It's never been a problem with the usa rom... I'll have a look into the constdata of the game and see if anything is different from the usa's file. They were both the same size so I just assumed they were the same thing, I should've taken a closer look. I'll do some more testing this weekend (hopefully). I've been extremely busy lately, but I'll try to work something out as soon as possible.
Yeah, I generally tried to use a gender neutral term if possible, but a separate text option for males and females each would obviously be far better for most other cases. Would you mind a quick explanation on how you repoint the files so that you can actually add additional text?

I've also tried a few things regarding the crash, and while I may not be able to circumvent it in any way, it seems to be gone on its own on the next day, so I just hope it stays this way. Still no flower events though, blergh.
You don't necessarily need to hurry to fix that though, I'm thankful for what you have achieved already and don't want to rush you when you're busy anyways.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well looks like the dlc for ToT is going to be released next week on the ninth. So, I guess I'll just tack on adding support for that on my to do list. Hopefully there won't be huge compatibility problems, and I'll be able to release the last major update during my next break at the end of November.

As for the EUR version, I haven't made much progress working out the bugs. The dialogue files are edited and ready to go, but since there's no cheat plugin for EUR I can't test things as quickly as I can with the USA version. I'll try to keep working on it every weekend though, I'm aiming to get everything done during my breaks.

@Sias do you mind giving me a copy of your save data? Also here's an explanation on repointing the xbb files, sorry for the wait:

AH5LSwI.png

ZwnZMsf.png

Let me know if you need me to explain any further, it's nearly 3 am and I can't really go into much detail right now.

Reactions: Girafarig

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If I want Inari to be the same gender as my character, I need the file in "Inari Gender Switch" folder, correct?
Also, what is "Alt Wedding Attire" and "Blue Kimono Alt Wedding Attire"?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want Inari to be the same gender as my character, I need the file in "Inari Gender Switch" folder, correct?
Also, what is "Alt Wedding Attire" and "Blue Kimono Alt Wedding Attire"?
Yup that's all you have to do. It's just a few minor changes to dialogue and the ending cgi is switched. Inari is generally regarded as gender neutral, so you may not notice a difference.

The alt wedding attire is an optional patch like the Inari gender switch. It recolors the player's wedding outfits so it's not an exact match to your spouse's. The blue kimono patch is just a blue recolor of the wedding kimono, since a few people requested a different color from the pink one in the original patch.

Here's screenshots I took of the recolored outfits:
xJsFH7v.png
OrbDYRR.png
s1p2z4p.png
7TswQrN.png
ExlMCUY.png
I77Z01w.png
ZX4mMCh.png

Reactions: nechigawara

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yup that's all you have to do. It's just a few minor changes to dialogue and the ending cgi is switched. Inari is generally regarded as gender neutral, so you may not notice a difference.

The alt wedding attire is an optional patch like the Inari gender switch. It recolors the player's wedding outfits so it's not an exact match to your spouse's. The blue kimono patch is just a blue recolor of the wedding kimono, since a few people requested a different color from the pink one in the original patch.

Here's screenshots I took of the recolored outfits:
xJsFH7v.png
OrbDYRR.png
s1p2z4p.png
7TswQrN.png
ExlMCUY.png
I77Z01w.png
ZX4mMCh.png
Thanks, so for all options, I need both "SoSToT" folder and "Inari Gender Switch" folder, correct?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, so for all options, I need both "SoSToT" folder and "Inari Gender Switch" folder, correct?
Are you using NTR or luma's layeredfs?

If you're using NTR you need to take the SoSToT folder and put it in the root of your sd card, along with the plugin folder, and then place the contents of the Inari gender switch folder into the SoSToT folder.

For luma, you do the same thing but take the contents of the SoSToT folder and put it in the game's title ID folder in the luma folder of your sd card.

Reactions: nechigawara

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Are you using NTR or luma's layeredfs?

If you're using NTR you need to take the SoSToT folder and put it in the root of your sd card, along with the plugin folder, and then place the contents of the Inari gender switch folder into the SoSToT folder.

For luma, you do the same thing but take the contents of the SoSToT folder and put it in the game's title ID folder in the luma folder of your sd card.
I'm using Luma. In this case, I mean, I want all Yuri option include Inari. So, I need 2 folders, correct?

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i added to this to my hubbies 3ds for the game. i put everything in as directed using luma method. when he turned his 3ds on a weird screen that looked like luma came on then his 3ds turned off by itself turned it back on ran the game and patch didn't work. i didn't get a chance to look at the screen before it turned off to see what it said.

Sias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As for the EUR version, I haven't made much progress working out the bugs. The dialogue files are edited and ready to go, but since there's no cheat plugin for EUR I can't test things as quickly as I can with the USA version. I'll try to keep working on it every weekend though, I'm aiming to get everything done during my breaks.

@Sias do you mind giving me a copy of your save data? Also here's an explanation on repointing the xbb files, sorry for the wait:

Let me know if you need me to explain any further, it's nearly 3 am and I can't really go into much detail right now.

Most of the repointing looks pretty doable, there are just two things I'd like to ask:
First of all, how exactly does the pointer to the Msg pointer table work? Looking at your example, I thought it would point from the start of the PAPA file to the start of the Msg pointer table. This doesn't work for pretty much every other file however, so I might misunderstand something?
And secondly, is it possible that you might have accidentally mixed up the "Length of Msg excluding last four bytes" with the "Length to dialogue" in your example file?

Also sure, I can get you my save. Is there any specific save data manager I should use with ToT?

And finally, I regret to inform you that the North Westown crash sadly doesn't seem to be gone and just went unnoticed for a while due to me having changed my daily routine. I tested it again and it seems to occur exactly inbetween 8:00 and 17:00, entering the area beforehand or afterwards seems to be completetly fine. It's weird. :/

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i added to this to my hubbies 3ds for the game. i put everything in as directed using luma method. when he turned his 3ds on a weird screen that looked like luma came on then his 3ds turned off by itself turned it back on ran the game and patch didn't work. i didn't get a chance to look at the screen before it turned off to see what it said.
Huh, I've never heard of that happening before. Maybe it's a problem with luma? Did he update his 3ds before doing the hack, and was the game/luma working before you installed the hack?

Try using NTR and see if the patch still doesn't work, if it works then the problem probably lies with luma. He might need to update it(if he hasn't already).

Most of the repointing looks pretty doable, there are just two things I'd like to ask:
First of all, how exactly does the pointer to the Msg pointer table work? Looking at your example, I thought it would point from the start of the PAPA file to the start of the Msg pointer table. This doesn't work for pretty much every other file however, so I might misunderstand something?
And secondly, is it possible that you might have accidentally mixed up the "Length of Msg excluding last four bytes" with the "Length to dialogue" in your example file?

Also sure, I can get you my save. Is there any specific save data manager I should use with ToT?

And finally, I regret to inform you that the North Westown crash sadly doesn't seem to be gone and just went unnoticed for a while due to me having changed my daily routine. I tested it again and it seems to occur exactly inbetween 8:00 and 17:00, entering the area beforehand or afterwards seems to be completetly fine. It's weird. :/

Yup I totally did mix those two up, sorry about that. As for the pointer to the pointer table: honestly, it's kind of useless and doesn't matter. I shouldn't have pointed it out in the first place, as you can't really do anything with it. All it does is point to the start of the Msg pointer table. In theory you could move it and have the Msg pointer table at the bottom of the papa file, to make repointing everything while editing easier, but I've tried it before and it only ended in the game crashing. I'd just ignore it, the actual Msg pointer table is more important.

You don't need to use any specific program, but I do recommend JKSV! It's very easy to use, and you can install it as a cia with FBI.

For the crashes, can you replace the patch's files in your sd cards with the cmn.zip file I've uploaded on this post? It might not solve the problem, but it'll at least rule out some causes. Let me know if you still have the crashes, and you can't activate love events with the new files.

I also included the edited german xbb file for you in case you wanted to look at is as an example.

Attachments

• cmn.zip
    460.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Msg.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 149

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free