• Likes 10

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I've also begun looking at how the compendium works. It'll be a decent update when it gets done.
Man I will love you forever if you can get this figured out. Being able to summon all demons from the compendium would be beautiful.

Because I'm pretty sure (but not positive since I haven't edited my save yet) that if you use this tool to change a demon that he still won't be reobtainable or show up in the compendium.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I will love you forever if you can get this figured out. Being able to summon all demons from the compendium would be beautiful.

Because I'm pretty sure (but not positive since I haven't edited my save yet) that if you use this tool to change a demon that he still won't be reobtainable or show up in the compendium.
No, they won't. In fact, even the ones that you edit won't register right if you try. That's why I started looking at it. I'm not sure why either. The hero's data is tripled in the save. Each demon only shows up once. I'm not sure why it's defaulting back to level one when I try.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
No, they won't. In fact, even the ones that you edit won't register right if you try. That's why I started looking at it. I'm not sure why either. The hero's data is tripled in the save. Each demon only shows up once. I'm not sure why it's defaulting back to level one when I try.
Alright, well I hope that you can figure it out. I'm sure there's a way to do it. Also know that your work's not going unappreciated and that a lot of us are happy seeing this progress. If you can figure out the compendium issue I wouldn't mind spotting you a few bucks through PayPal or Amazon to show my appreciation. Good luck, I'll stay glued to my screen!

xdaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not really important for save editing, but judging from the two saves posted in this thread, their header (i.e. the first 0x80 bytes in each file) appears to be identical to that of Etrian Odyssey IV's saves, last saved timestamp and all, aside from the signature (DDS4GAME vs MOR4GAME; to be expected). If you're interested in adding support for that header, here's my (incomplete) code for reading them. I'd imagine that other Atlus-developed games might follow a similar format?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on the inventory and compendium when I have time right now. I also overhauled the hell outta it. Hopefully it helps with people thinking they saved when they didn't.

Inventory_zpsyiityor5.jpg

It's not really important for save editing, but judging from the two saves posted in this thread, their header (i.e. the first 0x80 bytes in each file) appears to be identical to that of Etrian Odyssey IV's saves, last saved timestamp and all, aside from the signature (DDS4GAME vs MOR4GAME; to be expected). If you're interested in adding support for that header, here's my (incomplete) code for reading them. I'd imagine that other Atlus-developed games might follow a similar format?
Not all Atlus games. I checked Persona Q and Soul Hackers earlier before work and they don't have it. Thanks for the offer, but I only bother checking it to make sure someone doesn't try to load something else and crash it right now.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The save buttons on the tabs update the objects. When you load a save, I have classes/objects for the hero and demons. Your save is loaded into memory. Those objects are programmed to then get the stats and IDs from the buffer containing your save. Once you hit File->Save, all of them have a function to modify the values at the offsets they have stored. Then the buffer, with the modified data, is written to the file you select. I did it this way to keep it a bit more organized for myself.
Yeah I figured out that you needed to click the save changes button to save changes to each demon and such, but i didn't realize at first that you needed to also do file->save to write those changes to the save file on the hard drive.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uploaded the latest to the OP. I think I've gotten all 24 slots now. Inventory editor is mostly done, besides key items and relics. Compendium and Map/Location are locked out for now. Making progress on them, but still not quite there. I tested this one a bit better, but I'm not perfect. If you have issues, say something.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still working on it guys. I'm trying to figure out exactly what controls whether or not an entry is visible and can be summoned. It's definitely in the entry itself. I can export entries from Something whatever's saves and import them into mine and they do show up. There's 5 values that aren't stats repeated. It's gotta be one of those. Also, HP and MP aren't included in these. They're calculated at overwrite and summon.

Would be neat to be able to see your current aligment.
I'm sure at some point I'll find it and let you change it.

Attachments

• compendium.jpg
    compendium.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 436
Reactions: Something whatever

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@JK_

Just tried it out and it more or less works.

As you have said the DLC skills do not appear in the editor.

* if you edit other skill...the DLC ones will disappear *

I will attach my save files in hopes it will help ya out ^_^"

Attachments

• sdds4game 1 & 2.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 207

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_

Just tried it out and it more or less works.

As you have said the DLC skills do not appear in the editor.

* if you edit other skill...the DLC ones will disappear *

I will attach my save files in hopes it will help ya out ^_^"
Thanks. The problem is that the DLC shows up the same as dummies if you don't own it. They'll definitely help. The reason your DLC moves got removed is because the table doesn't load anything that I have marked dummy or unknown unless you rename the exe "SMTIV Editor.Dummy.exe." Even if I restore your saves to my game, I still can't see them. What would help the most is if you can start the editor up in dummy mode and do something like this:

Dummy XX = Move name;

Attachments

• demon_dummy.jpg
    demon_dummy.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 365

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm getting somewhere with this. Everyone's save has something different in VAL2 in the entries. It's not a checksum or anything though. Overwriting it with 256 + Rand seems to activate them. Still making 100% sure though.

Attachments

• Success_maybe.jpg
    Success_maybe.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 464

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@breaktemp
Thank you. Anyone who helps with anything will get a thanks in the info/about. Right now, I've hit a snag. The demons I summon from the compendium make the game freeze at the end of battle. Black screen, gotta hold down power for 10 minutes kind of crash.

Reactions: breaktemp

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@JK_

Hmm...maybe the DLC adds some extra data ?

Which demons are making the game freeze ?

**UPDATE**

Okay, I have now compiled all of the "Dummy" data I could fine.

Demon : ???(Archangel 2) = Gabriel

Demon : --- = Plasma

Demon : ???(Archangel 1) = Michael

Demon : ???(Archangel 3) = Raphael

Demon : ???(Archangel 4) = Uriel

???(Elec) = Lighting of God

???(Phys) = Kannuki-Throw

???(Removes Tetrakarn effect) = Tetracoerce (33 MP)

Dummy 64 = Stigmata Strike

Dummy 65 = Serpent of Sheol

Dummy 66 = Tornado of God

Dummy 67 = Lamentation

Dummy 68 = Hailstorm of God

Dummy 69 = Makaracoerce

Dummy 70 = Archangel's Law

Dummy 71 = Fallen Grace

Dummy 72 = Inferno of God

Dummy 73 = Plasma Discharge

Dummy 74 = Megidoplasma

Dummy 78 = Curse Thy Enemy (78 MP)

Dummy 79 = Guardian's Eye (253 MP)

Dummy 81 = Damnation (63 MP)

Dummy 82 = Stigmatic Gleam (73 MP)

Dummy 83 = Spirit Focus (23 MP)

Dummy 84 = Gaea Rage (60 MP)

Dummy 85 = Deadly Fury (43 MP)

Dummy 86 = Dark Energy (23 MP)

Attachments

• Dummy.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 321
  • October Save Data.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited by breaktemp, , Reason: Dummy Data
Reactions: JK_

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@breaktemp
Thank you. I've gotten them all in now. I promise a new build soon, once I figure out what's causing the freezes. It has something to do with how I edited the stats. I think I have a good idea of where I went wrong, but I need to test.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this might be disappointing for you guys, but editing compendium stats might not be possible. There's two sets for every entry. Only the first seems to do anything, but editing those also makes the game crash. I'm not giving up on it yet though.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I know this might be disappointing for you guys, but editing compendium stats might not be possible. There's two sets for every entry. Only the first seems to do anything, but editing those also makes the game crash. I'm not giving up on it yet though.
Ahh a bummer. Do you mean that we can't edit the stats of the demons that we saved in the compendium? Couldn't we hire the demon, edit its stats, and then overwrite the old one? Unless I'm missing what the actual issue is. Or are you saying that we can't add random demons (like the rare fiends) to the compendium that we never encountered?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ericzander
That's what I've been doing to try to figure it out. I figured out why they wouldn't register correctly. I can edit them and rewrite them now. The compendium is really confusing me though. I haven't had a whole lot of time to sit down and work on it lately though. This is what I do have already. The rest is really throwing me off. I keep overwriting them with new stats when I have time and export them to see what changes, but it's really not making much sense to me right now. Gonna upload a newer build a little later. It should let you activate all the entries. I hope...
CompendiumEntry.png

Edit: New build is up. I hope the compendium activation works for most of you. I think I have it narrowed down to two numbers that work, but I might not. If it doesn't work, upload or send me your save so I can look into it.

Last edited by JK_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte