[WIP] Puyo Puyo Tetris - English Translation for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ongo_gablogian, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Kerberox

Kerberox Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    France
    your're mum
    Tried to install it with the Luma method, after launching the game the screens just stays black and nothing happens

2. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    does it do this without that patch and what version is your game, system, and luma cfw

3. Kerberox

Kerberox Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    France
    your're mum
    does not do it without the patch, game should be the latest version, system is 11.2 with luma 7.0.4

4. jt_1258

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    did you set up a luma local file for it at all?

5. Kerberox

Kerberox Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    France
    your're mum
    as in locale.txt? if so did not, i didn't think it'd need it

6. jt_1258

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    just try setting it jp, see what happens, you can use install and use luma locales which makes the file for you, just select a game then what you want it to set to, also set the file location in luma local3s settings, do keep in mind and updated version of luma locales was released that works on luma 7

7. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Are the Wii U and 3DS projects combining work?

8. ongo_gablogian
    OP

ongo_gablogian GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2010
    United States
    Not too sure what the issue could be, everything's working fine on my end. Tested on an O3DS on 11.2 and a N3DS on 11.3.

Pretty sure the Wii U project has been dead for a while. I might have interest in working on it at some point since the files are so similar, but I don't currently have Homebrew/CFW on my Wii U.

After this project is complete I'll probably start working Puyo Puyo Chronicle.

Last edited by ongo_gablogian, May 6, 2017
    OrGoN3 and MannCo like this.
  9. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by xtheman, May 6, 2017
  10. ongo_gablogian
    OP

Mar 26, 2010
    United States
  11. Gimzie

Gimzie GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    I haven't finished all acts, but there was some typos in Act 1 and like three in Act 2. I'm sure he could go back, read the dialogue closely, and fix it.

12. acme64

acme64 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I already have the game installed, is there a way to patch it after the fact?

13. Shellshock GER

Shellshock GER Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Do you have the latest Luma on your 3ds? If so, follow the instructions on page one.

@ongo_gablogian: any progress the last few days?

Last edited by Shellshock GER, May 9, 2017
  14. Noroxus

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    Good work on the patch!
    I have to say tho that a lot of text is still untranslated :unsure:
    If only SEGA would just get the fact that they can slap the Switch translation on the 3DS and get more profit from EU and NA -_-

What is this weird file format they are using tho... I wanted to try to translate some text (non-graphical) and I can't even find it :I
    The text is 100% the same in every version of the game so I guess one could simply get all the translated stuff from the English version and add it in. It is kinda difficult to do without access to the text files.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Noroxus, May 10, 2017
  15. azul120

azul120 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2010
    United States
    Tetris rights. The Tetris Company has a silly "one current Tetris game per console quota" that led to the delisting of both Tetris from Virtual Console and Tetris Axis from the Nintendo eShop when Tetris Ultimate from Ubisoft was released. PS4 only received a physical release of PPxTetris outside of Japan because Tetris Ultimate has the rights on lockdown, and I guess Sega doesn't see a physical only release of the game to be worth it, or willing to buy out the current rights (or whatever applicable) for Tetris. Basically PPxTetris is downloadable on Switch because they got dibs there. Hopefully the Tetris Company gets the memo and works something out later. Not all Tetris games are created alike.

jt_1258 and robertman2 like this.
  16. YveltalJ1

YveltalJ1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2016
    United States
    I got the file. But now I'm starting to wonder how to actually use this patch. Any tutorial?

17. ongo_gablogian
    OP

Mar 26, 2010
    United States
    I haven't gone through to double check the story mode text. Will be done for the next release.

Installation instructions on the GitHub page.

All of the story text is already translated.

Hopefully will get the next release out soon, work's been overwhelming. Latest files are always available on GitHub for anyone who want's them, just ignore the release page for now.

Noroxus likes this.
  18. Noroxus

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    Damn... Must've been a lot of work. Really cool though! Can't wait :D

How did you unpack the narc files though? The PuyoEditor or whatever only unpacks files with no file extension called 1,2 and 3 (ex. academy.narc). I wanted to check out the text structure but damn I guess its harder to actually unpack the files than to translate it. lol

19. YveltalJ1

YveltalJ1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2016
    United States
    Thanks

20. jt_1258

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    I'm still shocked how fast this is going along, hope you and those helpin ya arn't pushin yourselfs to hard
    but I am interested, has it been done or will you work on translating the download play version that goes out to others when you use said option, not sure if it's possible with the usual method of patching through luma or not but hopefully