ROM Hack [WIP] Pokemon Vietnamese Omega Ruby

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need you!
Have experience with hacking ORAS and 3DS games? Help us make Vietnamese Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! PM me if you want to help.

Game Completion: 2%
Game Text Files Completion: 0%
Story Text Files Completion: 3.6%

EDIT ON 11/7/2015: I need help with the project, thousands of lines to translate are time consuming and hard to do in such a short amount of time. PM if you want to help.

EDIT ON 11/3/2015: I somehow abandoned this project. i am rebooting the project and restarting! No estimate of release, but would like for it to get done by the end of this year

I am in progress of making Pokemon Vietnamese Omega Ruby. Its a translated version of Omega Ruby from english to vietnamese to english again, if you have played Vietnamese crystal, you know what i mean. Here's some samples
It's a drink you'll Vending Machine. Which?
Score! You have a drink prizes! One more (INSERT ITEM HERE) bottle fell.

Last edited by AquaX101,

loco365

Trophies
XP
Thought I'd mention that the name Vietnamese Crystal didn't come from the fact that it was originally in Vietnamese, rather, that's where the game was discovered.

Vietnamese Crystal's translation was from Japanese to Chinese to English if memory serves.

Reactions: ~Poke~ and Margen67

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In TPP we need play this hack rom:
http://www.reddit.com/r/twitchplayspokemon/comments/37hmrn/ヽຈلຈノ_vietnamese_omega_ruby_or_riot_ヽຈلຈノ/

And yes, Vietnamese Crystal's translation was from Japanese to Chinese to English.

If you can make Alpha Sapphire instead the Omega Ruby we are more happy :yaysp:

Has the official person who made tpp said he would play it if it was alpha sapphire? I'm going to make one for alpha in the near future, but if so then i'll do both

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thought I'd mention that the name Vietnamese Crystal didn't come from the fact that it was originally in Vietnamese, rather, that's where the game was discovered.

Vietnamese Crystal's translation was from Japanese to Chinese to English if memory serves.

Doesn't really matter as long as the translation is funny.
I remember playing Vietnamese Crystal as a kid, having just discovered GBC emulators. I got all my roms from Pokemon fansites on Geocities and the like, and I couldn't understand why Crystal had such a bad translation compared to Gold and Silver. Never got very far because the translation made it hard to play :P
I'm definitely gonna have to play this though. AquaX101 Who's doing the actual translating? Google?

Or...:
I remember the first time, Vietnam, glass, group of children, find a competitor. Is her album, this is the place in the world of Pokémon, expectations, global city, I don't understand why Crystal, the translation leaves something to be desired, gold, or silver. Of course, should be improved. AquaX101 still in the air; Google?

The funny thing is that parts of that message still make sense after being ran through Bad Translator, but they're so taken out of context that it doesn't matter :P

Reactions: Deleted User

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Has the official person who made tpp said he would play it if it was alpha sapphire? I'm going to make one for alpha in the near future, but if so then i'll do both

The next game is Alpha Sapphire Randomized, but we can play Alpha Sapphire Randomized Vietnamese. It starts the 12 of July.

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before i get this started, got a few questions for you guys

1.) Would you guys want me to purely translate the whole text of the game? If i selected whole sentences with line breaks, it could overtranslate and not include the line break. Would take a ton of less time, but glitches could be possible.
2.) Or would you want me to translate seperate sentences at a time? Would take longer, but no glitches.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before i get this started, got a few questions for you guys

1.) Would you guys want me to purely translate the whole text of the game? If i selected whole sentences with line breaks, it could overtranslate and not include the line break. Would take a ton of less time, but glitches could be possible.
2.) Or would you want me to translate seperate sentences at a time? Would take longer, but no glitches.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind either way. I just want to read hilarious dialogue. xD

D

Deleted User

I dunno man I never like these kind of projects. Being intentionally bad isn't funny, it's like the company who made Sharknado they profit off making intentionally bad movies and everyone is like "wow xD so bad !!!" when in reality its just comes off as they tried too hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm